It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek Fans: 1:1 Scale USS Enterprise in Minecraft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I've seen a lot of crazy projects in minecraft...

this one is insane... this guy is working on a 1:1 scale model of the Enterprise...

You gotta see this to believe it...

I hope we as a species actually build something like this one day....

edit on 24-9-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

They built themselves a ship a program would love to fly, now if they can expand that intergalactic feel of there creative juice to an physical level then i would be truly inspired

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
that's one thing I like about the net, is you can build weird sheat! Not even so much just mine craft, but you can even build the game minecraft. Or second life or facebook, whatever you can think up. You don't even need to know web design. All you need to do is map out what you want to do even on paper and get someone in india to build it for cheap, or else crowd source it and see about getting people to help built it that way. Just anything and everything is possible to build online.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Haikoon is a level 10 nerd.

Engage.

edit on 24-9-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Now if only someone could build me a 1:1 copy of Seven of Nine.........
sigh......

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

skonaz
Now if only someone could build me a 1:1 copy of Seven of Nine.........
sigh......

Seconded.

On the topic of the staggering achievement that even building the space frame of the Enterprise represents, I find it quite nerdishly awesome that someone has gone to the trouble to be honest! I first heard of this project from my sister, who is an avid crafter of mines, and has been since the game became available.

On the matter of humankind actually creating something like this in real life, I would love to see that happen, but there are many stages to go through before we reach such a lofty peak of technological mastery. If you leave alone all the meta material advances required to make something like this without its sheer weight destroying it instantly, the engines that would have to be created are many many hundreds of years away, if not longer in my estimation. The staggering amount of power required to move such a thing, let alone power on board systems like life support and artificial gravity (which still has yet to be achieved reliably and in a manner which would not have medical side effects for those under its auspices), would confound even the most vast power production systems yet devised, and that is without even considering the FTL aspects of the function of the main drive.

More research into the Higgs boson might be the key, but we have barely begun to understand the mechanics of how that particle and/or field even works, having only recently confirmed its existence to any degree.

This mine craft effort however shows the dedication to creation that will hopefully drive mankind ever upward and outward, but before something like this comes to pass for real, there will be several significantly less inspiring looking craft, much less formidable and powerful vessels to come and go. You don't get a Buggati Veyron until you have discarded the Model T Ford, after all!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Building large structures is impressive, sure, but I prefer the other things that are built.

Actually working circuits, and processing units.

An 8 bit CPU.

A Scientific Calculator.

These things don't follow a structure, but a logic.

Far more impressive, in my humble opinion!

edit on 24-9-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Update

top topics

join