It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another High Level Union Critisizes the Obama Administration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Now it's the IBEW and they're hot under the collar about EPA regulations on coal !!

Well that is certainly ironic isn't it.

They insist the regulations will raise electricity prices and disturb American job growth and energy independence.

Hmmm.

Almost sounds like a corporate grievance turned inside out.

It makes people wonder just who is on who's side and what the *real* goals are ?

I wonder if they engage in carbon credit trading ?

Conflict highlights tension between labor, environmentalists in Dem coalition

The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) blasted the Obama administration’s new standards for coal plant emissions on Monday, saying they will hamper job growth and U.S. energy independence and raise electricity prices.

The union’s antipathy to the plan underscores a long-running tension between big labor and environmentalists, two key segments of the Democratic Party’s political base.

“The draft regulations issued by the Environmental Protection Agency regarding emissions from newly-constructed power plants threaten economic growth and America’s energy future,” IBEW president Edwin Hill said in a statement.

IBEW Criticizes EPA’s New Coal Emission Standards

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Really, X.

The EPA and its "rules" have added to the downfall of this Country. They have no problem playing the Carbon Tax game too.

Another Big Government "we do what we want" Agency.

S&F

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
sounds like one group of crooks got mad at another group of crooks for moving in on their territory to me.
we all know that unions and the government are as crocked as the day is long.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
arguing
ideologies
despicable
service. this my friends is AIDS as we know it today.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Did someone think he didn't mean what he said?

We can't say he didn't literally look us in the eye and tell us this was his plan and full intention. He actually did do just that. No one listened or believed or...perhaps just thought Congress or something else would check the extreme moves, especially in a bad economy.

Nope.... Apparently, we're in for more of the same and more with 0's on the end. Oh, how fun to pay the King and his Court all the money in the realm. We have little more to give, I think.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I am a member of the IBEW, and I find it funny how many within our ranks worship the man. There are nothing but "Obama 2012" and "IBEW for Obama" stickers on vehicles when you go by the Union hall. Hopefully Some will realize that he has done nothing but harm this country, and will continue to do so. I am definitely in the minority in the industry when it comes to my viewpoints as of now.
edit on 9/24/13 by VikingWarlord because: word choice

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I know quite a few people in the IBEW. Many are frustrated not by the restrictions just placed on coal mining... but the lack of green jobs. Most that I know fully recognize that green is the way to go and can't understand why as they face round after round of layoffs when there's so much work to be done. They are frustrated with Obama and the government too but for different reasons.

join