It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anti-americanism

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 04:52 AM
link   
i read the threads on this forum and on alot of other websites
i been in chatrooms and heard what they all said

i am very aware that almost every non- american citizen with an internet connection speaks down toward the united states

i know it is jealousy mostly
and i know they will all argue do their deaths that it "isnt jealousy"
its about "morality" and "economic fairness" that angers them so much

well i know they are completely uninformed
and their arguement is based on ignorant jealousy

heres why i think this....

i am a poor american citizen
i do not have cable tv nor do i watch tv at all
i can barely afford the internet and my computer is very old

i support my wife and child on 8000$ a year
im Way below the Poverty Line
im dirt poor
i have 3 pairs of pants; they are all torn and many years old
i have about 5 or 6 shirts and 2 sweaters in case its cold
and i have a jacket and a pair of shoes

i have food thankfully,
i have electricity
i consider myself Very Lucky

i know that i live in a nation that in undergoing a capitalist frenzy

all the idiots care about is getting more $$$ and being "good looking"

all the smart americans care about is Avoiding Disaster and putting Food on the table for thier children
and maybe getting them a decent education and health care

yes america has Greedy people in power!! its So True!

BUT so does every other nation on the face of planet earth!!!

Every nation has some sort of military
Every nation is ruled by upper class elitists
Every nation Greeds for money and power
Every nation is hypocrits
including my own

every nation has blood of untold thousands on their hands
even luxembourg or switzerland
yes saddly
we are all murderous nations

i am not america
but i am an american

and i am not guilty for what a few people in power did

i didnt put them in power
i didnt help them
i just want a safe life for my family
i dont want to be involved in anything dangerous unless its Forced upon me

every single nation is a murderer
every single nation is a theif
every single nation is unfair to its people in many ways
every single nation lies constantly about many issues

so why are all the forigners mad about america?

could it be that we are better murdererous theiving unfair liars than anyone else is?
is that why they are so mad?
they are jealous because we are more Mean than they are?

hellya if any other nation had americas power they would flex it as unjustly as we did
they might even be worse

What if Russia won the cold war?
we would all be slaves working on a communal farm
and if i said "i hate this system" i would be SHOT in my SKULL
id be Dead probably

because America is nicer than them at the same time
we are meaner and nicer all at once

everyone is upset we took iraqi oil
well if any of you could have
you would have

all humans are equally greedy
it just so happens americas greedy people got the upper hand

so what?
your nations are filled with greedy liars too

your bullets hurt as bad as our bullets hurt

your all the same as we are
your just jealous

why dont you just move to america ?
you can get citizenship

we allow alot of people to come here

all im saying is basically

if your going to talk down to america

talk down on our Leaders ok!?

i DIDNT DO ANYTHING TO ANY OF YOU!!!!
i feed my kid and read most of your crap all day long

i know as a fact its jealousy
and its ignorance

im american i didnt hurt anyone
so when they say mean things about me JUST BECAUSE i live in the same area as G W Bush i am automatically EVIL and Greedy
ya RIGHT!!!

i do NOT like my government
but i dislike forign opinions about my government even more

why cant anyone be reasonable for just one minute?

Human history is defined by one thing
Fighting

If you FIGHT for something
and you WIN, its YOURS until someone else forcefully takes it from you

Iraq? its a mess true , but its a small mess
the media makes it out to be a huge mess but thats not true

IN World War 2 around 50 to 60 million human beings DIED from the war
50 to 60 million
not to mention the roughly 150 to 250 million injured

we cant even count this high
we cant even imagine how many people died
that is mountains of skulls
rivers filled with blood

in the Russian city of Stalingrad alone; at least 8million people died
IN ONE FRIGGIN CITY!!!!!

in Iraq only 15 to 30 thousand people died so far *both sides*
Iraq doesnt even matter - its a cakewalk in Comparison to WW2
except for the fact america got their oil
every other oil hungery nation on earth is jealous and angery
they wanted that oil for themselves

Greed....its ruined the entire human race completely
Every single one of us is guilty
Earth is Guilty all of it!!!! me you all of us...
we should be ashamed
we arent even civilized yet
we are just barbarians with neat toys

true my leaders need to be replaced
but so do yours

my nation needs to change its policys?
sure
but SO DOES YOURS

every forign nation is feeding its own propaganda machines with anti-american point of views
its so bias and most of it is lies too

every media organization is suseptable to Lies!
everyone Lies
Especially for Money or Power or other Agendas

Human Race has been fighting wars endlessly for all of known human history
we have been killing and killing and killing
taking destroying and then building it all over agian
just to destroy it agian

That is Human History

No one is above it; we are all the epitomy of it
we Are IT

we all repeat the same mistakes over and over agian

we say "im better than you" and they say "no im better than you"
or "this is MINE! gimme! " and they say "no its mine! give it to ME!"
or "My god is better than yours" or "my penis is larger than yours"
and then it turns into another stupid battle

what if
What if
We Were equal?
anyone ever thought of that before?
Equality?
probably not....lol

all i can say is that
everyone is guilty

stop your stupid anti ameircan rants
and turn them into more INTELLIGENT FACT BASED VIEWPOINT

======= ANTI HUMANISM

ALL Humans are guilty!
not just americans ! americans are newcomers to the world!
we are just noobs at this whole "being corrupt" thing
most the other nations have been at it for thousands of years

im surprised America is on Top
id figure china or russia would be on top

its amazing america has out-done them

anyways
instead of bashing america
bash earth as a whole

then you are being more Accurate and Factual
lol

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I feel for you and your family, i am always saddend to see people living in poverty. I am glad hat you are thankful and dont take things in life for granted. I Hope that you try to live your life happily, although in this unfortunalty materialist age, it is understandable if one is saddened because they cant provide for their family. Have faith.

Anyway, I think you are overgeneralising a bit. No-one can deny that there isnt some very strongly-anti american people on this forum and in the world. But for the most of us who are rash and understanding, we dont look down on all americans. There are probably many people who didnt appricate the 52million people who voted for bush, admitedly, i am one of them.

I agree with you and the unfortunate centament that 'The americans voted Bush in for a second term therefore they are ALL idiots'. I try to have as little predjudice as possibile in my life, therefore i value each american for what they are. You seem like a good person, but unfortunaly a victim of your society.

Im sure that anyone will agree that it is the US goverment whom we look down on. We look down the US's people who live in constant fear and are not open-minded enough to see through the sharade. Fear manifests anger, and thats why you get your minority of 'idiot americans' who create a schema for others to judge all americans by.

Peace

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
-Nobody is Jealous of you. It's just not true.
-Iraq may be a cakewalk, but it's also a precursor.
-You are rich compared to a 3rd world citizen.
-Those who support murderous governments bear much guilt in my books.
-You may dislike foreign opinions about your government, but foreigners dislike your governments meddling in theirs even more.
-Nobody is more critical of my government than myself.
-I will talk down to arrogant and ignorant people wherever they are from. (eg: "America won WW2 by themselves")
-I don't want an American citizenship.
-I like the Americans I know, a lot. The ones I have met but don't care to know can kiss my arse. This applies to anyone from any country.
-I live in Australia. My Primeminister is buddies with Bush, yet the majority of Australians make up their own minds about America. Propaganda? We watch your TV shows and watch your movies. Your propaganda doesn't work on us. That's all.
-Yes, WW2 was tragic. Let's not have a WW3.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
What the thread starter is saying is: Your country is no different than the USA. The USA has done nothing that your country has not done. All countries are alike just smaller or larger in scale yet they do and act the same.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I think that its more against america because america is the most poweful nation in the world. Just as i expect people where to the british empire.

Because you are a bigger country the mistakes you make have bigger effects on the rest of the world than other countries which means theres more of a chance that people will get angry at you.

you not assume that the argument is based on ignorant jealously.

From what i have seen it is not based on ignorant jealously atall.

you are making judgements and assumptions on russia though you do not know what would have happened if they had won the cold war as it did not happen.

Judgments again, everyone is greedy, have you met everyone in the world.

The world is getting better though and in my opinion it will change for the better with the advancement of technoloicly if we dont kill ourselves in the process.

But im not jealous of america or americans , so people needednt worry about that.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
its good to defend your country, fine to be nationalistic however it depends on what level you want to debate America. if its going to be a pure debate in the scope of world history then its plain as day, America today is what Rome was and Rome fell so too will America....no one knows when or how but it is inevitable. most nations fall or are brought low but every single "empire" falls completely. its hard to debate this without introspection on the basic human condition, power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutly.

it was exactly the same for Britian. Britian was once the mightiest nation on this earth. through Britains naval power it controlled everything, controlled all the merchant shipping routes and dominated the world in warfare due to its advanced naval fighting (it was advanced for its time and even today most people couldnt acheive and do what the British did with the technology they had) Britain invaded and controlled foerign lands , the expression the sun never sets on the British empire was true....from Hong Kong to India to South Africa to even the middle east..Britian ruled supreme. Now look at Britian now.Is Britian what it was?? Britian is still one of the strongest economies in the world but it is not even a shadow of its former glory. Britian has given all its land (i say "its land" because by your logic it was its land simply because it stole it from others and incorpertated it into its empire) back and has lost almost all of the power it had. it doesnt fill me with joy to type this stuff but its the truth, and so it will be for America one day. the variable as to how hard you fall is how proud you are. If you honestly believe you will never see sorrow and you deserve sorrow then sorrow will come and none can stop it.

Sure the world is p***d at America for invading Iraqi, but thats not even a drop in the ocean of whats on Americas hands. America started off as a God fearing nation and spread the gospel, it is now the complete opposite of what it was. Im not going to go into the biblical side of this, many Americans dont even believe their nation is in the bible...but guess what America is in there and it isnt just one sentence!! its some weighty chapters! Issiah and Jeremiah and Revelations speaks of an end time nation called Babylon..as the world is now only America can fit that bill.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I'm not jealous of the US according to this chart we are placed number 5 on the best places to live, while the US is just below us at number 6

www.aneki.com...

However having traveled a bit i personally think New Zealand would be the best place to live and that's not even on the chart

Anyway assuming all people who have issues with the US are jealous is incorrect (any huge generalization about millions of people will always not be entirely true), i don't have any issues with America myself but some of my friends do and of course some like myself don't. There isn't any united thought pattern here or in most other parts of the world including the US. I think I'm actually more objective when it comes to other countries than i am when it comes to my own but everyone is different so i can only speak for myself when i say that.

[edit on 14-11-2004 by Trent]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
lol

i agree the truth is probably not just black or white or grey

the truth is probably black and white and grey all at once
which seems strange
but it seems right

good point good replys
gets me thinking after i read what you all said ....

but still; i am agianst humanity as a whole

because i dont see anything good coming out of the whole "future" situation....
earth is 2 dangerous now globally...

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I agree with the original poster in the fact that corruption runs throughout all governments.

And I personally believe many of them work together to collectively control us all.

However I don't think that the anti-American sentiment is based on jealousy. I think the world at large is more in a state of shock, or fear at what they see going on in our country. I know I used to be.

Now, none of it surprises me. I realize that this part that the US is playing has to be played. I realize that all of us, humans on the whole, not individual nations, will be the victims of this scheme.

The system in place is working for some form of control. I don't like to label things so I won't get into that. But there's massive changes coming for the world right now.

And to the original poster:
Take heart man, right now you're poor and it must feel bad.[EDIT: Don't take this as me being rich. I'm probably the poorest college student you've ever heard from, but I plan ahead.] But soon, between whatever terrorist activity is about to hit this soil, and the systematic devaluing of the US dollar, and rise of key commodities. A collapse is coming, and many will find that their large bankrolls are nothing more than prized toilet paper very soon.

You love your family; when it all comes down, and we hit condition red soon, ensure that you and your loved ones are together.

Don't wait for the government to come on and call condition red. The moment you hear of the next 'attack' leave work or home and get your children from school. Ensure those loved ones at jobs know to drop what they're doing and come to wherever you all need to be. Be locked down on red curfew together, not apart.

The moment you get home with your loved ones, begin filling water bottles, power may be down.

Hope you have a bunch of canned goods and stuff like ramen. It's cheap and can sustain you when in dire situation.

The last thing you want to do is voluntarily go to a "FEMA Shelter" or something like that. So be self sufficient if you can.

Gas will skyrocket, so have at least one good bike. 9.00 a gallon is insanity.

There's other things, but that should get you thinking, which is all I wanted to do.

I hope nothing happens, but I'd rather think it will and be ready, than laugh it off now, and cry later.

Edit: In short, don't be one of the people described in my signature below:

X

[edit on 14-11-2004 by Xatnys]

[edit on 14-11-2004 by Xatnys]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Yes, the world dislikes America and I agree that it is unfair to all Americans, but if you are going to have thin skin, then perhaps you shouldn't be reading forums like this, where people will speak with emotion and in generalities (and with the arrogance of anonymity).

Yes, the world dislikes America and that is because it is the most powerful country in the world right now, and therefore makes most of the decisions (some right, some wrong) right now. It has not always been this way and most certainly will not always be that way; empires come and go. They always have and they always will, and when the next empire rises, a goodly portion of the world will hate them instead of the US.

Your rant, while supposed to be food for thought, does little in terms of building empathy in me; it only reinforces my stereotype that all Americans think that everything is about them personally. Your 'typical arrogant redneck American' is as annoying to the rest of the world as your 'typical whiny liberal American'. This is not your fault but is just an accident of history. Sorry, but you might as well just get used to it or go and live in a hole.

From a guy who dislikes the American Administration, doesn't understand the 59 million Americans who voted for the Administration, and still thinks that at least some of the 270 or so million Americans must be at least human...

Thomas

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthStrgnrThanFiction
its good to defend your country, fine to be nationalistic however it depends on what level you want to debate America. if its going to be a pure debate in the scope of world history then its plain as day, America today is what Rome was and Rome fell so too will America....no one knows when or how but it is inevitable. most nations fall or are brought low but every single "empire" falls completely. its hard to debate this without introspection on the basic human condition, power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutly.

As red-American as my blood is I can't help but sadly agree with this. We are too powerful. We are too wealthy. There is too much money and too many people with too much power that can be bought. It's not a systematic campaign to oppress the world or screw people over; it's a group of individuals with people stuffing their pockets and whispering in their ears.

As much as I love my country I look forward to the time the next superpower(s) passes us by and we see the wisdom that not only should one country not have this kind of power, no country should want this type of power.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I have always been impressed that most ATS members are able to differentiate between appropriate anti-Bush discourse and inappropriate nationalistic anti-American or pro-American discourse.

Flag waving has not much to do with rooting out conspiracy or corruption.

One common delusion is that Bush is pro-American. His corrupt administration is as unAmerican as can be.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I don't know where you get off saying he's corrupt, unless that is just the leftist way of saying you disagree with his policies.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
How can you not be jealous of Americas 11 trillion dollar purchasing power parity? Stop lieing to yourself! Of course you want that much money. Unless you are a super hippy or a mountian man you want that money! If you don't then your government certainly does.

Also America is a nation of immigrants. Millions and millions of people left their crappy countries to come to America to start a better life for themselves all the while using the wealth America has to offer for those who get an education and work hard.

It is ok to be jealous of America. It is ok to try to make yourself better. It is ok to want to leave your socialist society and come to a capitalist country where educated people can exploit there knowledge and turn it into wealth and their American dream.

Also an attack on the government of America is an attack on its people. America actually elects its president. Americans elect their senators. They elect their governors and their representatives.

Stop fooling yourself that your only "condemning the leaders!" BS! You haters are attacking the people of United States of America!

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by verfed

Stop fooling yourself that your only "condemning the leaders!" BS! You haters are attacking the people of United States of America!

I think your "leaders" have fooled you, but not everyone.

Bush policy is all based around fear, loathing and hatred. It's your choice whether you buy into this administration's program of domestic terrorism and foreign incursion.

Anti-Bush discourse is based around the righting of known wrongs and the restoration of freedom and democracy in the USA, not about hatred at all.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Domestic terrorism...

I'd really like an explaination for this.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Easy.

Look at the 9/11 cover-up.

Look at the use of the Department of Homeland Security, fake colored terror alerts, and vague media messaging about impending doom most other days, ever since, to generate domestic terror.

That's what terrorists do.

BTW why are you getting a rush of red badges? Are you OK?

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar.

One common delusion is that Bush is pro-American. His corrupt administration is as unAmerican as can be.

I agree with your statement, our president together with his vice president has been involved in to many business deals with big corporations not to denied some corruption involved in those deals.

One good example haliburton, and Mr. Bush family involvement with the Calyle group and the Bin-laden family.

To many questions and not answers at all.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
You can't blame Bush! America elected him. America has decided. Your condemnation of Bush are a slap in the face to the millions who voted for Bush.

Also what developed country has no big businesses?

[edit on 11/14/2004 by verfed]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Easy.

Look at the 9/11 cover-up.

Look at the use of the Department of Homeland Security, fake colored terror alerts, and vague media messaging about impending doom most other days, ever since, to generate domestic terror.

That's what terrorists do.

BTW why are you getting a rush of red badges? Are you OK?

LOL yeah I'm fine. Click on them and see what they're for. I think some of the mods have a crush.

Anyway, I've seen the 'evidence' of the 9-11 coverup. You people go to these conspiracy theory sites and they play you like pianos and laugh at you all the way to the bank.

Also, for some reason it's a common misconception that the color-coded alerts are for the general populous. While we can view the current alert color, the codes are generally for law enforcement.

You know, before 9-11 there was all this 'chatter' and you conspiracy theorists used it as proof that we knew something was up because we didn't tell anyone or warn anyone about it.

Now they're trying to warn us and keep us informed and you say it's nothing but an instrument of fear.

There is no terrorist threat....there is no terrorist threat...these aren't the droids you're looking for...move along...

[edit on 14-11-2004 by Ibn Iblis]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join