It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien-like creature actually a toad with a big appetite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Of course I had to click on this link when I saw it. Upon seeing the picture, however, I was sorely disappointed thinking that this was just some toad that someone had dressed up to look stupid. The reality of it is a bit more interesting though:

Article

“What the heck is going on in this picture?”

Phil Torres, a wildlife biologist and author of the blog post, writes: “We’re unsure how common this is, but we do know that this is probably the first photographed record of a cane toad feeding on a bat.”

Apparently the toad was just sitting with it's mouth wide-open and the bat flew right in. Perhaps to catch a bug stuck to the toad's tongue? I don't know, but it's a very cool picture.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

My favorite part of the article...

Torres explains: “The toad finally gave up and spat it out.

Walking around, looking like an idiot, other toads making fun of him...and it finally said "Yea, maybe I actually cant eat this. **vomit**".

ETA - The bat's an idiot to.

Olaya provided the answer, saying that “out of nowhere the bat just flew directly into the mouth of the toad, which almost seemed to be sitting with its mouth wide open.”

While Olaya at first thought the bat was dead, he said it slowly recovered and was able to fly away. I’m sure it won’t make that mistake again.”

Imagine explaining that one to your friends and family members......
edit on 24-9-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

After that harsh beating Batman got from Bane, it's no wonder he's not "quite there" and flying into frog mouths. Haha.

But seriously, that's pretty interesting. First time I've seen something like that, that's for sure.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Maybe he's just cleaning it's fur

top topics

join