It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help me interpret my weird dream!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Hello all, well I had a pretty weird dream last night and I need help understanding it.

This will be very detailed, I tend to remember lots of details of dreams

First off I would like to mention I have always had a "dream house" when I go there I know it's the same house yet it changes from time to time. It is always a large house and it is always under construction or broken in some way, also my dream house always seems to be haunted. There are spirits there sometimes I can see them and sometimes I can't it really just depends.. Well now that is out of the way lets get on to the dream I had last night ..

It starts off I am back in my "dream house" it has changed yet again, only this time it is not under construction but it is old in style, to be honest it looked like a typical old style haunted house. All the furniture was old, well what little furniture was in the house.

Once again the house is haunted and there are many spirits this time I know they are there I can feel them but I can't see them. There is a big deck that runs the length of the front of the house is has a veranda, it's covered with steps in the middle that lead up to the front door. When you walk through the front door there is a large foyer with grand like steps that lead up to the second story. To my left is a large bedroom and to right is another large bedroom which then leads into a very old and run down kitchen area that has windows that open up to the front deck. Now I am not alone I am with family members, I knew these people but their faces were not recognizable anyway, I have just alerted them to the presences in the house and we start clean it up.

Then I find myself in the large bedroom to my left there is a large bed up against the wall and in front of me is a fire place. I find myself very scared as this room in particular is the most "haunted" room in the house, I then lay down on the bed and go to sleep, I sleep for awhile in my dream and then I wake up the next day, when I awake I am no longer afraid of the room as I was before I went to sleep. I walk out of the room to the front of the house where I am suddenly overcome with fear I turn around and I can see 5 spirits on the front deck now these were not human they were more like and energy I guess I can remember that they were floating and very small in size and were colourful, I am now facing them with my family members at my side begging me to do something. I suddenly think of Jesus and I am screaming out his name and asking the spirits to leave, but nothing is coming out no sounds noise nothing I couldn't even move my lips as I am desperately trying to scream it out when suddenly again I can talk and I am repeating to these spirits that I want them to leave in the name of Jesus. They do leave, I then walk back in to the bedroom lay back down on the bed and that is when I awoke to my alarm clock..

This where I am confused as well, I am not a religious person what so ever if anything I would call myself a spiritualist. I have not been raised religious no one in my family for the last 4 generations have been to church so I have no influence in that re-guard. This is also not the first time I have called upon Jesus to help me in dreams where I am facing spirits that I wish to leave me alone. Also I have never had a dream where I have gone to bed "slept" in my dream, wake up in my dream and continue the dream I couldn't find any answers in my dream book so I am hoping you guy's will be able to give me any insight into understanding this dream.

Thanks in advance
Karma =)
edit on 24/9/13 by karmajayne because: Changed title

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by karmajayne

Interesting. I have had a similar dreams with same themes... Big house... bad spirits that have actually taunted me... Calling out Jesus's name with the intention of protection.

I honestly believe that the receiver of the dream is the best interpreter unless you meet someone that is actually part of what happens behind the scenes. Or someone that is gifted with this type of stuff.

Well my interpretation is that there maybe some forces that need to be cleaned. Maybe your family depends on you for spiritual guidance. I garnered this interpretation because your family was scared when seeing the spirits and asking you to do something about it adn the fact that you refer to yourself as spiritualist.

When you didn't know what to do, Jesus came into the picture. You tried to say his name but you couldn't due to fear until you finally could. Maybe it's a dream for you to study more about Jesus?

I don't know mang... I'm not saying for you to be a Christian and follow all these doctrines, but maybe a little more studying on Jesus and his role is what's cool.

BTW, i have to acknowledge my bias as I consider myself a "spiritualist" leaning Christianity.

Just a perspective

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
When I have a "house" dream like that, it's nearly always true that the "house" is my mind or life, symbolically, when I examine it after the fact. I don't know if everyone does that, though.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Diving within yourself find the key to your questions, only you can unlock those tricky doors

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Yip only accurate meanings for your dreams can come from you, you know what it means.
But here's a silly fortune cookie web answer for dreams about being bothered by evil spirits:
"Haunted by evil spirits — If one sees himself haunted by evil spirits in a dream, it means that he engages in usury, performs secrets arts, or that he may lose his wealth to become unhappy, or to suffer from stress or depression. Sleeping in a dream can also mean stagnation or heedlessness."
If you are spiritual before you go to bed and when you wake up say:
'I am a link of gold in the chain of love which surrounds the world; I must remain strong and bright; I wish to try to be gentle and good to all living creatures, to protect and aid all those who are feebler than myself, and I will try to have none but pure and beautiful thoughts, to speak none but pure and beautiful words, to do none but pure and beautiful actions. Then all the links will become bright and strong."

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

You make a good point. I'm still learning the ropes when understanding my dreams. My family do depend on me on a spiritual and emotional level, sometimes it gets overwhelming. I'm very empathetic and perceptive to my surroundings, people always seem drawn to me when in need, just to talk, advice, just someone who will listen.

I know a little bit about Jesus. My ex was christian he showed me Passion of the Christ, to say the least I was horrified. Weather Jesus was the son of God or not he endured a lot for his faith, that put some things in perspective for me. I called to him becsuse I didn't know what to do but I only seem to call upon him when dealing with spirits, he has everytime made them go away and I have to give him credit for that.

I think I still have such a long road to go in understsnding myself and my role in this world. Thesr dreams seem to affect me deeply

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

Thank you, that is why I didn't wan't to google it as I don't feel like that is why I had the dream I feel like I am supposed to learn something from these dreams. I have vivid dreams every night and can remember many dreams in a night but when I visit my dream house which I know represents myself but why the re-occuring theme you know, what am I misding it gets confusing sometime.

Those are some beautiful words I really need to try harder to live everyday like that. Somedays I question myself

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I'll just quickly comment on some of the dream fragments to try and help you along.

The house represents your mind and a haunting usually means self-generated fears or guilt from past actions (coming back to haunt you). A rundown kitchen can mean poor eating habits, or trouble "cooking up" ideas - depending on other dream fragments. Regardless, rundown means neglect of some form. Open windows means a need to open your eyes to this. Working with your family to clean up means just that - to work with your family on these issues.

A fireplace usually means emotional/heart warmth (was the fire lit or out?), and because you fear this room the most, it represents some of your greatest fears. By going to sleep in the dream your subconscious is trying to tell you that you are asleep to this. Then when you wake up the next day feeling better, the message is you need to wake up to this and then things will be better.

To dream of Jesus in this case can mean you need to seek your highest spiritual ideals to help you overcome your inner demons and maybe even asking the Creator to help you overcome. By trying to call out for help to Jesus, but no sound was present the first time, I would say means you are hesitant or feel incapable of asking the Creator for help, but will eventually do so. Doesn't really matter if you believe in Jesus or not, on some level you see Jesus as the highest level of good, even if you don't consciously accept this. An alarm clock usually means time to wake up and change your old ways.

Overall your dream is telling you that you have fear and/or guilt in your life and a need to overcome these. Perhaps related to your family, seeing how they were so present in your dream.

Try to remember that when interpreting one's dreams there is a need to be completely honest with yourself. This isn't something everyone can fully do. Often we like to look more on the positive side of things and ignore the uglier side of life, but by ignoring that side we will miss many opportunities to learn valuable lessons. Hence the saying: Know Thyself.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Dreams are often difficult to interpret for a reason...they transcend the normal constraints of time/space/dimension...therefor what you see is not always pertaining to your current situation, rather, you get information from your higher power that comes from the past, present and future. It is my opinion that you are struggling with your inner demons and are searching for a way to overcome specific present time circumstances by examining your past and future lives for answers. Religion is something many gravitate to in order to forgive themselves for things they feel guilty about. You are the only one who can know for certain what those things may be.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

..as posters above said, the 'house' is yourself

the bedroom = intimacy

and obviously, some aspects of your life are being Held Down - the entities - from keeping you to be His ' [ thats why you called out]

5 areas of your spiritual life being imprisoned

obviously, the evil side obtained some Right to claim those imprisoned
please search out, what those areas could be

'fireplace' is 'emotional'
as the poster above said, was it lit or no fire ?

...i think He loves you.

Please be serious to find out whats going on with you [ and Him] .

regards,

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

If jesus was a symbol of your real SELF (not body/mind) you are asking yourself for knowledge ( and to dispel negative thoughts/feelings such as questioning yourself -for you are and should not doubt yourself).
If you meditate on it I be it will be clear.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

myn4m3
I'll just quickly comment on some of the dream fragments to try and help you along.

The house represents your mind and a haunting usually means self-generated fears or guilt from past actions (coming back to haunt you). A rundown kitchen can mean poor eating habits, or trouble "cooking up" ideas - depending on other dream fragments. Regardless, rundown means neglect of some form. Open windows means a need to open your eyes to this. Working with your family to clean up means just that - to work with your family on these issues.

A fireplace usually means emotional/heart warmth (was the fire lit or out?), and because you fear this room the most, it represents some of your greatest fears. By going to sleep in the dream your subconscious is trying to tell you that you are asleep to this. Then when you wake up the next day feeling better, the message is you need to wake up to this and then things will be better.

To dream of Jesus in this case can mean you need to seek your highest spiritual ideals to help you overcome your inner demons and maybe even asking the Creator to help you overcome. By trying to call out for help to Jesus, but no sound was present the first time, I would say means you are hesitant or feel incapable of asking the Creator for help, but will eventually do so. Doesn't really matter if you believe in Jesus or not, on some level you see Jesus as the highest level of good, even if you don't consciously accept this. An alarm clock usually means time to wake up and change your old ways.

Overall your dream is telling you that you have fear and/or guilt in your life and a need to overcome these. Perhaps related to your family, seeing how they were so present in your dream.

Try to remember that when interpreting one's dreams there is a need to be completely honest with yourself. This isn't something everyone can fully do. Often we like to look more on the positive side of things and ignore the uglier side of life, but by ignoring that side we will miss many opportunities to learn valuable lessons. Hence the saying: Know Thyself.

Thank you so much for your reply, you really broke it down for me so I can understand the different themes and things going on in my dream.

I have had very bad eating habits as of late. I am recently single after being in a relationship for the last 4 years and I have not been eating right and haven't been going to the gym, I have been telling myself to get my but back in there but I am lacking the motivation. It also makes it a bit harder as I live alone in one of the most expensive city's in NZ and to say the least I live off a lot of toast, eggs and noodles.

I am going through a very emotional stage in my life, The fireplace was not lit, I will also mention this room was very dark no lights were on at all. I guess that explains how I am feeling as I am quite down.I also think maybe my family are such a big part of this dream as I had a pretty rough childhood/teenage years and always feeling unloved and then I met the man of my dreams or so I thought, 1 month after we split he married someone else. Kick in the guts, I know right so lets say my emotional state is at an all time low for me.

I think I will spend more time in asking my creator/spirit guides to help me, help me find my way and fight these inner demons I have, I can say I have let a lot of sleeping dogs lie but there is a little part of me that I have closed off to myself and that is very dark part of me and I think I have done this as it makes it easier for me to deal with it or more like not deal with it , in this case. Maybe that is why I seem to have the same re-occurring theme in my house, telling me maybe it's time to finally face them but to be perfectly honest I am scared to face them as I really don't want to face the pain. It really will open up a can of worms I don't know if I am ready for.

I really can't thank you enough for your reply and listening to my ramblings, I really appreciate it
Karma =)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

Thank you, do you have any ideas on what kind of meditation I could do to help? I am still so new to all this, I have to let go of all my self doubt, I am truly my own worst enemy but old habits die hard.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

soulpowertothendegree

Dreams are often difficult to interpret for a reason...they transcend the normal constraints of time/space/dimension...therefor what you see is not always pertaining to your current situation, rather, you get information from your higher power that comes from the past, present and future. It is my opinion that you are struggling with your inner demons and are searching for a way to overcome specific present time circumstances by examining your past and future lives for answers. Religion is something many gravitate to in order to forgive themselves for things they feel guilty about. You are the only one who can know for certain what those things may be.

Thank you, You're smack bang on. I have a lot of inner demons as I said to a previous poster I have suppressed them as it's so much easier to just lock it up throw away the key and never look back. I must be the time for me to sort it out and deal with it but I am afraid to bring them back up they really are things that I wish to forget ever happened.

Religion is a difficult pill for me to swallow, I have no problem what so ever with people who believe, but I have been so set in ways with my beliefs and for Jesus to come in my dreams kind of threw me a curve ball. I think I might read a little more about him as another poster suggested he is there for a reason I am just not sure what that means to me I will have to do a little more soul searching on this aspect of my dream. =)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Lone12

..as posters above said, the 'house' is yourself

the bedroom = intimacy

and obviously, some aspects of your life are being Held Down - the entities - from keeping you to be His ' [ thats why you called out]

5 areas of your spiritual life being imprisoned

obviously, the evil side obtained some Right to claim those imprisoned
please search out, what those areas could be

'fireplace' is 'emotional'
as the poster above said, was it lit or no fire ?

...i think He loves you.

Please be serious to find out whats going on with you [ and Him] .

regards,

Thank you, I will take it seriously. I am not sure yet to why he has been there for me and what that means for me and my beliefs as I have been so set in my ways it quite confusing for me. This dream has kind of wrapped up all my major problems and thrown them into one dream. Then I really don't know how to tackle each one, as some are going to take so much out of me to overcome.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

When you search you will find I can't recommend what is best for you.
There are lots of threads on meditation here at ATS. Until you find a meditation to still the mind - focusing on your in breath and out breath is good. If thought arise don't worry but try to go back to the breath. There are many meditation techniques your sincerity will help get you what you need.
Much love and peace to you.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I've read somewhere that houses symbolise your soul,but that could be extended to your spiritual life,I'm sure.I sometimes have dreams of being in high apartment buildings,places with many stairways+passages,many rooms,kitchens also feature a lot in my dreams that include the inside of buildings.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
So let me get this straight.

You use the name of Jesus Christ and He works on your behalf and saves you in the dreams.

Then in your waking life you go and talk to your spirit guides; the very things that are attacking you and your family.

You KNOW what your dream means. You've said it yourself twice at least when telling us your dream.

Why are you purposefully avoiding the obvious? You're looking for someone to tell you that you dream is not what it actually is. You're looking for people to congratulate you on your dream and to give you meanings that suit your intent.

Well, you got it.

And then you still consult your spirit guides!

What a cycle.

Why don't you just apply the really basic wisdom that was given you and use it in your waking life instead of continuing to play pretend?

No one in the dream told you to go find some random church and do the "thaaang".

But someone in the dream did help you; did He not prove Himself to you yet?

He is the only one who has the power to save you and you continue to consult those whom He sends away for your benefit!

What?!

new topics

top topics

join