It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intersting new poll in Taiwan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   

i guess u don't understand chinese,if u've seen the news in Taiwan and the mainland,u'll know who is " endless posturing, rhetoric and sabre rattling",and u also will know who is behind this.

The thing is, that I do, and it's not called Chinese as there are many forms and dialects, if you're referring to the mainstream language, I'd call it mandarin. But that's beyond the subject.

The issue between China and Taiwan is a long and complicated one, which in fact goes no further then about a hundred years ago. Condsidered an austronesean country where many pacific island cultures have originated from (read: shoal of time). Taiwan during it's years laid somewhat dormant, until the western influence of Japan, which then, Taiwan became a trading post, etc. This exposed Taiwan to such western cultures as the Dutch, Portuguese, and French. Still Taiwan remained unclaimed, but colonized. Not only did Japan pose a threat, as it began to expand their land, did China declare Taiwan a province, Fortunately, Japan was able to take Taiwan away from China during the Sino-Japanese War. At the end of WWII, because there was no representation for the country of Taiwan, Allie powers allowed for the temporary occupation of Chinese troops, however, as we see today this temporary occupation has become permanent. The colonization of Taiwan by the Chinese had begun.

In my opinion, Taiwan should be an independent country, if they belong to any one country, I would say that it belongs to the Dutch, for they colonized the land before anyone other country in the 1600's. This is just not a biased opinion, for my Taiwanese origin begins with the 'mountain people' of Taiwan, but based on international law, colonization is an illegal procedure, which China is currently performing. If someone thinks otherwards, I am not going to claim that they are brainwashed, each person has a right to their own opinion.

Bring Back Ilha Formosa.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Taiwan during it's years laid somewhat dormant, until the western influence of Japan, which then, Taiwan became a trading post, etc. This exposed Taiwan to such western cultures as the Dutch, Portuguese, and French. Still Taiwan remained unclaimed, but colonized.

Taiwan was a part of China since 1000 years ago.at that time,it was called "Yi zhou",becaz the population there was too small,so no official govent was set there.
Unlike western countries,China has dominated the east for thousands of years.our ancestor believed every land belongs to China and it is unnecessary to lay claim on a land since there is no competitor.so there is no concept of territory like western countries .it is only in the Qing Empire did China signed the first treaty about border. So it is unfair to say Taiwan was independent becaz it was unclaimed.

my Taiwanese origin begins with the 'mountain people' of Taiwan, but based on international law, colonization is an illegal procedure, which China is currently performing.

according to your thoery,the Amrican should belong to the Indians instead of the people living there.and So do Australia and New zealand.

At the end of WWII, because there was no representation for the country of Taiwan, Allie powers allowed for the temporary occupation of Chinese troops,

I don't know where u get this,I never heard of this before.the allies certainly think Taiwan is a part of China,and is never a country.if what u said is true(it is very unlikely),why now the UN and every country recognize Taiwan is a part of China.

If someone thinks otherwards, I am not going to claim that they are brainwashed, each person has a right to their own opinion.

agreed
but i want those who want Taiwan's independence consider the(almost) 1.3 billion people's opinion in the mainland.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   

My fault what I should have said is that IF Taiwan declares itself as a independence country. My apologies to suihx I grasp what you were saying. When Taiwan eventually declares independence the civil war will certainly heat up

it doesn't matter
it is mainly becaz I didn't made myself understood.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I think I know what stance the USA and China takes on the whole Taiwan thing but does anyone now what stance the other major powers take on this Russia,Europe ect...?

Are they just trying to stay out of they whole thing?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join