It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternate realities /timelines....and such

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
So I was wondering.

I have been really thinking about alternate timelines for some years now. It is a subject that has always intrigued me.

I have been especially concerned with alternate versions of myself, A little narcissistic I know..lol

The thing is I have always had what can be called false memories. I recall things that I know didnt happen, or conversations that I know I didnt have, YET I remember them.

I even remember studying things, like mental pictures of textbooks, or mnemonic devices for subjects or things I have NEVER studied.

That is pretty much why I have always been interested in this subject. It gave a sort of explanation to an issue that has always been in my life.

What I suspect ranges from some pretty far fetched ideas to simple explanations of coincidence or an over active mind when bored.

I dont know.

BUT here is the thing.

If our timeline was altered, would we even know it?

I think we would to some degree IF and it is a big IF, the consciousness is not housed in the brain. If the entirety of the mind is not in a flesh and blood mass of grey tissue, but rather the brain is just a means of interacting with our avatar here in this world. An interface of sorts.

That is a dangerous thing to think I know. It leads to all sorts of dissasociation and harmful thought processes that threaten everything about a normal person and personality.

The thing is I kind of believe it. I really have always thought this way. There is no need to play coy. I am not a sociopath and I am not an introvert lost in my own mind.

I really do believe in alternate timelines and realities. I look to all the little things I cant explain away without considering that though improbable, must be true.

Who if anyone could or would be messing around with time?

Why? Temporal power in the here and now? Or is it more?

Could the timeline be changed to effect a particular group of people and would there be any evidence of these actions?

I dont know. But I think about it alot. I think every version of myself does.

This is kind of embarrassing to admit it, but I even consider what a conversation would be like with alternate me´s. I dont actually have conversations with voices in my head...lol but I think about the possibilities of such a thing. Would we all share the same consciousness spread across many timelines or realities divided into our separate bodies?....

If string theory is true AND our mind is not housed in our brains, but uses them as a relays to it, could our mind be one with many versions operating of the same core consciousness?

What if that is the case for humanity? What if we all share a core mind that is only interfaced with as much of it as your relay (brain) can handle at one time?

That would be awesome huh? What if this was true and we found a way to increase the connectivity of our interface (brain) to the core mind and as a result could recall on demand any information any other mind had access to through its relay?

In other words if we discovered a way to amplify our minds to be networked with the others that operate off the same core?

There are allot of theories to this and some people have really thought about it allot. Its a great subject to get lost in.

any thoughts?

edit on 9 23 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

I wish I could tell you more but I have seen an unknown craft use temporal manipulation, which led me to learn a lot about how fragile human history actually is.

I'm not quite sure if there is a such thing as an alternate universe or alternate versions of people just versions from specific "now" moments in what we consider the forward motion of time.

It's a dangerous thought to think and even more dangerous to see for yourself.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Knives4eyes

I am under the impression that time is not as constant as we think. We are starting to realize that time is relative to space, in so much as matter affects the flow of time.

I have a certain feeling I get in certain places that time flows differently there. Not by much since every place I have been is earthbound of coarse, but I do notice that events unfold at a different rate, or pattern if you will.

Like if you hunker down and really focus on time and its progression you can almost speed yourself up in it. Not physically but the way and rate you respond to it, yes.

Athletes do it all the time. When they are in that clutch moment and their minds slow everything down through concentration....

Or the way we can speed things up in a traumatizing or frightening situation.

If technology did exist for time travel we would probably not even know....in fact a time machine could exist out of the loop of time and operate in an endless spiral of created timelines.

Europes first colonization of the Americas , Alexander the greats conquest of India, The deities of every age and the religions formed around them...ect....could have been influenced by time-nauts......

The implications would be unfathomable for those still subject to times progression.

Another area of influence I think would be South American cultures and their obsession with time....Their systems of measuring time and its flow....could a time-naut or several have been progressing through time stopping at different points in history, going forward (linearly) in time from a remote past...one that loops into a future we have yet to experience?

edit on 9 23 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Quantum consciousness seems plausible to me, it would explain the out of body experiences of near death survivors as well as give credence to a wide variety of other spiritual beliefs including reincarnation.

As far as alternate realities, I appreciate the concept of splitting paths at every decision but at what resolution, what quantization? Planck time? I don't think that it is necessary for the multiverse to include slightly different copies of what we have in this universe or that it necessarily overlaps with our space, in fact, I tend to believe that other universes are outside of our space and have completely different laws of physics and therefore less (or very different) life. Being in this most unlikely universe with such amazingly perfect rules as to allow beings such as us (and everything else of course) to exist is staggering. One little change to any of the laws of physics and poof.

Perhaps what you are experiencing has more to do with some psychic or past life type experience which, extravagant as it sounds, is far more likely than alternate realities.

Mood: Stabby?

edit on 23-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

tadaman

If our timeline was altered, would we even know it?

Who if anyone could or would be messing around with time?

If string theory is true AND our mind is not housed in our brains, but uses them as a relays to it, could our mind be one with many versions operating of the same core consciousness?

Yes we would know it. I believed I jumped timelines in 1985 and have talked about it with others on ATS. Interesting is other people relate to the same date and believe they have also jumped.

This did not seem like a "man-made" phenomenon. When it happened it was spontaneous to the what was happening at the time.

Consciousness moving from body to body accurately describes my own experience. You'll have to ask others about theirs.

Evidence wise too many people who where dead are alive here and visa-versa. Not to mention countries and continents being in the wrong places.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a few times when i was young i saw time do weird things that i have never got my head around or never will.

but it did get me thinking is somebody screwing with time and the more you think about it the more strange it seems .

but over all those years way to many people seem to notice the same thing and when i have heard 2 nasa employees say it is like they went 50 years into the future to get the saturn 5 rocket it does make you think that not everything you know may be right .

i will never be able to explain where that 4 hours went one day as a kid walking across a field or the other times in my life when time never played by the rules but i am not a scientist just a normal dude who can only wonder what the fxxx is going on here

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
It's a rather interesting thought experiment.

I'd imagine then that the next auto evolution of great significance would be telepathy. Everyone has moments of it with those closest to them. My husband has clearly heard me call him an a$$hole, when I know I didn't say a word. I grind my teeth and clamp my mouth shut when I'm angry. I was not allowed to swear in front of my parents. My mother will still to this day, reprimand me if I say the derogatory words relating to sacred union. It's a NO NO. We'd then start arguing whether I said it out loud or not! Or knowing your mom or sister is calling and the phone rings.

That's where I think it will start to. In family units, when this ability and understanding starts to unlock. Think about the real message of the Matrix. You don't want to be plugged in. You want to be independent, hooded, and being told how to think, perceive, and understand the world around you through external programming.

Perhaps there truly is no unplug. There's only more consciousness that inter-lockes, inter-webs not just to our other selves, but to one another? Could you imagine learning all that one another know in knowledge at instantaneous mind meld information download. No more secrets, no more hiding, no more getting to get away hurting that baby. No more sin. Could you imagine the culling? The mass retribution those who are EVIL incarnate, the truly deep down evil to all the death of innocence....

Yeah, one of these days, but here is the question you have to ask yourself. Do you really want to see that day?

Tadaman you are awesome!

Cirque
edit on 23-9-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: clarifying thought

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I've had a distinct missing time experience to.

I lost near to the same amount of time. Four hours. It was in the Summer of 1996. It was shared with a friend and we were sober.

But time adjustments would be for what? Another version of oneself doing reprogramming? Oh dear. My brain hurts.

Cdt

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Could you imagine learning all that one another know in knowledge at instantaneous mind meld information download. No more secrets, no more hiding, no more getting to get away hurting that baby. No more sin. Could you imagine the culling? The mass retribution those who are EVIL incarnate, the truly deep down evil to all the death of innocence....

It is funny that I was pondering this very question the other day while preparing to answer a question about journalism and how, ideally, a journalist is supposed to relay all of the facts without interpretation.

I supposed that, even with cybernetic implants and the ability to download all of the content, it would not have the desired result because either it would be entirely sterilized cold data or highly colored and influenced perception. The same amount of introspection and evaluation would be either unavoidable or impossible. Both sides of the knowledge vs wisdom coin and each is untenable.

What could be done with information acquired without context or effort?
edit on 23-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Like if you hunker down and really focus on time and its progression you can almost speed yourself up in it. Not physically but the way and rate you respond to it, yes.

Athletes do it all the time. When they are in that clutch moment and their minds slow everything down through concentration....

Or the way we can speed things up in a traumatizing or frightening situation.

To get back on your topic though, this I am very familiar with as well. In life threatening situations, time perception does indeed slow down.

I do remember one incident when I was young and walked for what I thought was a short period only later to discover that it was a 6 or 7 hour walk. In that case, it was clearly attributable to a frame of mind that I was in. My mind was racing and I was focused on the ground in front of me while I walked. Could it be that simple or am I conflating a common experience to something much more unique?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Wait, wait. Everyone slow down here for a moment.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

tadaman

I am under the impression that time is not as constant as we think. We are starting to realize that time is relative to space, in so much as matter affects the flow of time.

If technology did exist for time travel we would probably not even know....in fact a time machine could exist out of the loop of time and operate in an endless spiral of created timelines.

Time does not really even exist as far as I can tell. Space and movement exist, time is a man-made construct. Of course I'd have to show you all my mathematical calculations to prove this and then the time-lords would black-bag you.

Time machines interacting with say the earth/past would cause all kinds of issues like branching timelines. So you're probably correct, we would never know.... unless of course you follow the belief that what happened, happened and what the time machine caused was already supposed to happen (in the past.)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
jumping into one trip into another, the vibrating spirt can dance on any floor, well as long as your waring the right shoes

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Yeah I agree that there is no reason why any other alternate reality would even have life as we know it or even the same laws of physics. I believe that the constants to the laws of physics change as the space around us changes. The galaxy we are in could even have several areas where the admixture of energy to matter changes and as a result the physical properties of matter change as well.

Like if you float a boat on water....if its salt content is higher or lower then its buoyancy chanes....IMO matter goes through changes depending on the amount of ambient energy around it. We know that energy can affect matter by way of fields and that matter projects fields of its own by way of gravity or magnetism to name two.

Well what if matter is supercharged in some areas of.space and as a result the ambient energy around it is simply greater. That would probably dictate different laws of physics for the interactions of matter and energy.

I think that the entire solar system and possibly the galaxy itself could pass through super charged areas of space which alter the matter therein and as a result produce varying states of the universe in pockets where time and space conform to alternative maxims.

edit on 9 24 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I have heard that date before when researching this subject. I have also heard about the celebrity deaths and the continents being different or countries ect...

I don't know what to make of it. If true that would imply an overlapping structure to space and time. Then a possible nexus or convergence point where time and space is recycled and then re introduced into the cycle ....a point in space and time or outside of it with a corresponding point in space time where time and space is reborn....

The rate at which this would be happening would dictate if it is perpetual like a loop, or if it is in a state of diminishing returns as far as the rate of expansion of space and time. If less and less convergence is occurring then perhaps the motor is running out of momentum ...if increasing then perhaps that motor is cycling to a singular point In space time where everything exists together and at the same time....until it is all separated again under a new admixture of energy and matter....a new big bang.

Which brings me to the next idea....

If matter distorts space and time.....when the entirety of the universe was focused into a single point...WHEN did it take place...the bang?

wouldn't that much matter distort time infinitely?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Hey.

No no unplugging for us. Just ignoring the connection or not.

I know exactly what you are talking about as far as knowing your famiky members thoughts.

So much so that we tend to watch what we think around each other. Its not an acknowledged thing between us we just know it to be true.

Especially with my sisters....it takes some getting used to.

Its funny you mention it being linked to the family unit. I have two friends which I share such a bond with. I consider them my brothers .....We are a family. This link started to form once we started to consider each other as such.

We are all psychic to an extent ....and we are starting to notice it/ talk about it as a society.....I have no doubt in my mind that we will be a fully psychic species one day....none... I almost can sense that future consciousness reaching ou to us...

new topics

top topics

join