It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BOO!!!! Halloween Avatar Contest Discussion thread

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
This is the place to discuss the contest and the entries. Any questions, comments or concerns you may have....
This is not the thread for the actual entires...please hold off on those until that thread is open.

Entries thread here

edit on Tue Oct 8 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Oct 1 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Just a silly question....

I know we have the holiday avatars posted here but do you think we ought to post them as well in the 'Avatar Creations' thread too, just in case some one is shopping for a Halloween avi that doesn't see this one?

I'm gonna adjust my bottom signature banner to make room for a link to this thread for others to see and maybe join us.

much respect~
snarky

[^^^that guy is funny looking...LOL]

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Every time I go back to the contest thread, I seem to have the ability to star every post again. I'm pretty sure I've starred a couple of posts at least twice. I think its a glitch with the new ATS that they're still working on.

I hope it doesn't screw up the contest.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Either that or link to the contest either in your siggy or in posts.

I guess I need a "portable banner" for the contest...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Nat says that she has tested this out, and when you go back again, your star isn't thee. I haven't tested it myself...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I just tested it on Snarky's post above mine.....the star disappears when you go back in.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

FortAnthem

Every time I go back to the contest thread, I seem to have the ability to star every post again. I'm pretty sure I've starred a couple of posts at least twice. I think its a glitch with the new ATS that they're still working on.

I hope it doesn't screw up the contest.

I do believe I read that in the 'bug' thread....evidently it hasn't been resolved yet. LOL.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
So here's the dilemma....to me, Halloween is about scary.....

.....and I think what I submit in the contest is going to just be creepy, and lacking in fun.....

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

DontTreadOnMe

Either that or link to the contest either in your siggy or in posts.

I guess I need a "portable banner" for the contest...

This is one I had originally made for the link but I don't have much room for it...
If you like it, use it

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
God bless Halloween and Kids, sometimes I really wish I could see the world through their eyes.
My 2 saw me playing around on GIMP and are now all excited for Halloween......the boy: "dad, how many more sleeps until it's Halloween"

Great, juuuust great.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/ge52424905.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

thanks, I like it.........Maybe I'll take down the Avatar creators down until the contest is over....I'll switch them out tomorrow.....

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

He did not say that?!? LOL...that is very cute.

When he is a big, sweaty teenager, you will sit around in the living room and tell him about that. And then you will be sad because that baby is now a big, sweaty teenager.
Enjoy it while it lasts.

ETA: I have a senior in college that was little back in the early 90's. He was vocal about what his music choices were. One day we hear from the back seat, "Hey, put on Beauty and the Blowfish".
edit on 24-9-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Sublimecraft
God bless Halloween and Kids, sometimes I really wish I could see the world through their eyes.

I can remember halloween....I was the oldest and when I got old enough, I got to stay home and give out candy, while my mom took my younger sisters out....
So, giving out candy is really my best memory of halloween...seeing all the cute kids, the costumes....the older kids with their pillowcases ....

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I hear ya.

Being away at sea or 4 or 5 weeks at a time gives you a unique insight in that you become acutely aware of giving your kids the best opportunities possible when at home ensuring max. fun is being had and they are happy, and polite with good manners.

The boy is at the obsessive compulsive Lego stage - nuff said there.

If my kids are going to be anything like I was when they reach Uni........well, some of it was a blur, let me give you the tip!

Life.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

See, growing up in NZ, Australia and a few Pacific Ocean Islands in-between, we never experienced Halloween - just saw pictures and the odd movie about it.

IMO, it's only been in the last 15 or so years that it has taken hold here in Perth and is now firmly set in the annual calender for parties and all the other festivities that go with it.

My 2 will have some good memories though, and I'm glad because they enjoy it so much....must be the "spooky" factor I reckon - kids love to hate Spooky.

I've got to stop eating all the lollies and chocolate though - it's getting embarrassing.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

DontTreadOnMe

thanks, I like it.........Maybe I'll take down the Avatar creators down until the contest is over....I'll switch them out tomorrow.....

Or you can add a regular link for it like I did for the 'Halloween Contest'
Should be enough room for both, I think.

edit on 25-9-2013 by snarky412 because: spelling....

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
okay...let's see if it works

ETA
YAY!!!!

it does...feel free anyone...
edit on Wed Sep 25 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

But some members like that kind of thing....to each his own and someone needs to fill that need.

As long as it is withing the T&C....

edit on Wed Sep 25 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

But some members like that kind of thing.

No one likes that sort of thing. Furry has "issues"

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

That post is a HIPPA violation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join