It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

about the security agencies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It is really good that there are security agencies ... against terrorism.
Mass surveillance, spying all over the world, everything is monitored.

Somehow they just missed the plans of the terror group Al Shabaab who attacked a shopping mall in Kenya. oops...

2 Somaliers
2 Syrians
1 Kenian
1 Fin
1 Englishman
6 Americans
1 Canadian
1 Russian
2 Swedish

That is the list sofar, as i understand there was also a dutchman, and ten people were captured when they were at the airport.

With all the agencies arround the world, one would have thought that an attack like this would be prevented.

What is disturbing with this list is their nationality, they might have been born in the west and yet they radicalize..

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by earthling42

I see the direction you're heading in, and all I have to say is perhaps we should wait for the full picture to emerge first. The situation is still active so early criticism would be premature at this point. Also keep in mind we aren't privy to the under-workings of these agencies either.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I guess they are just Spying on the Wrong People ........Who would of Thunk.........

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Zanti Misfit

I guess they are just Spying on the Wrong People ........Who would of Thunk.........

Many lives were lost in the shopping mall incident. Easy on the "thunk" humour.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

What they dont want you to know is, there is no way on this earth to monitor everyone who is going to commit violence. There is no way in the world to stop even a fraction of people who are planning to commit violence. They know this. But guess what. They are still getting paid billions of dollars to do the impossible, indefinatly.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MysteriousHusky

" Many lives were lost in the shopping mall incident. Easy on the "thunk" humour. "

Yeah , someone "Dropped The Ball " , and alot of Innocent People were Killed . Incompetent Security Agencies now have Blood on their Hands . Nothing Funny about that .

edit on 23-9-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

100% right. I look forward to hearing how once the situation has been defused. Oddly enough The Daily Show might explain how better than other mainstream sources.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MysteriousHusky

I guess the Science of Criminal Profiling is not that Exact after All.......

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

MysteriousHusky
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

100% right. I look forward to hearing how once the situation has been defused. Oddly enough The Daily Show might explain how better than other mainstream sources.

Will the situation be defused or will we just be disinformed?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by theconspirator

While that is true, i'm sure a profile has been made which already excludes many who are not extremist, plus the filtering on certain words.
Every country has its own security agency and will know who to monitor in particular.
Especially if there are trainingcamps like in Somalia.

But this is one part, the other is, why do westerners radicalize so much that they shoot so many people that are not muslim.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Some more information.

www.pbs.org...

Kenya’s President Says Mall Attackers Are ‘Defeated’

www.nytimes.com...

new topics

top topics

join