It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Power in the Media: Why?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Part 1: Media Power….
I don’t have anything against people providing they respectfully keep themselves, to themselves. 99% do, so real life isn’t the problem. However…

I’m curious as why commercial media aims so many adverts with 10% of the population featuring so prominently?
I don’t like it because I don’t want o think about gay people generally –let alone at the command of my TV. Nor have questions from very young children about why men dress in women’s clothing, as happened ages ago ON the last advert.

Recent British Examples…
1. This Natwest add is pretty good for hitting at sins by normalising both Lesbianism and implied adultery against her husband “Jeff”
www.youtube.com...
2. Go compare, his mummy dressed as a man, and himself for some odd reason… www.youtube.com...
3. Victor gambling-transvestite advert: www.youtube.com...
4. Pop noodle-transvestite advert
www.youtube.com...
5. Fosters suncream rub advert
www.youtube.com...
6. Fosters Kissing in france
www.youtube.com...
7. Head shoulders hardly macho (even if the hair might be!) www.youtube.com...
8. Bounty Roll -transvestite advert www.youtube.com...

Using TV commercials to normalise behaviour in society isn’t new.
I once saw a tea advert from 1970-80’s South Africa reinforcing the idea Black men are simple (although I can’t find it on You Tube).

Part 2: Political Power
I’m fascinated as to why there has been a virtually simultaneous push & implementation of gay marriage across the Western world…

In 2005 In July 2005, Canada became the fourth country in the world, after the Netherlands, Belgium, and Spain, to legalize same-sex marriages nationwide. www.mapleleafweb.com...

2. May 18th France becomes law: www.bbc.co.uk...
3. 27th June 2013: Ruled legal by US supreme court in July www.bbc.co.uk...
4. UK 17th July 2013, becomes law www.bbc.co.uk...
5. 19th August: New Zealand www.bbc.co.uk...
6. 20th September 2013: Now Australia: www.abc.net.au...
So within just eight years the world has gone from 4 countries allowing gay marriage to at least 9 -six of which have happened in the last 5 months!!!

Part 3 Why…
Regarding Commercials: Although 10% of the population may be gay, far more are homophobic. I'd imagine many won't be buying fosters now for example as "that's a gay brand".
An advert shouldn’t want to polarise anybody, but simply attention grab, it's product message across to as many as possible. Obviously decades of experience must have created lots of attention grabbing methods that won't offend even 0.10% of the customer base.
Therefore whoever creates these adds isn’t being very commercial! This is intriguing for the deducible reason: Private enterprise money is being scarified to influence society, in (what as far as I can tell) is a costly way.

Regarding Politics: At least 5 gay marriage countries signed up in the last 5 months! You’d have to be as thick as concrete to see there isn’t a conspiracy behind this. Many will see this as a benevolent conspiracy and over gay marriage I’m not going to disagree (providing the right of religious people not to perform them continues to be respected).

A. However who is behind this political-media coordination?
B. How many countries are involved with this international media-politics broadcasting-promoting group?
C. And boy what power they have!!! Might they use this power for other issues besides gay pride? E.g. promote the useless interference in Iraq, Libya, Syria?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Why not? If ads should reflect the viewing audience or at least their taste then those ads are simply adapting to the times.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Got this far

implied adultery against her husband “Jeff”
and couldn't be bothered to read on. Have you actually watched the commercial? Adultery? This is right at the very start of your post and you either couldn't be bothered to pay attention or you purposely lied or you just don't get it. None of those answers is encouraging.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MysteriousHusky

But typically adds are targeted towards the bulk of the population which, coincidentally, are the viewing audience and are not LGBT. SO what is your point exactly?
edit on 23-9-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
LGBT people typically make more money. *shrug* Maybe that's why?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

That is a very good point.

link   

kimish

But typically adds are targeted towards the bulk of the population which, coincidentally, are the viewing audience and are not LGBT. SO what is your point exactly?
edit on 23-9-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

What's my point? You're piggybacking on my point! I said ads reflect the audience. I didn't say every ad targeted the LGBT community. He just gave those ads as examples! Grr

link   
Throw out your t.v. man. I canceled cable 6 years ago. Don't miss it one bit.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Success!!! Gay Power!!! 90's style...er, um, I guess GAY INDUSTRIALIST COMPLEX!

edit on 23-9-2013 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2013 by the owlbear because: I am n00b and am fighting my smartphone and trying to get the mum nums blerrrr...

edit on 23-9-2013 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
OMG how ruddy dare they

How dare people who are not normal infiltrate TV and our ads.
Heck in the 70's I thought it disgusting we had gay people actually in comedy series..like this one.

I think we should only have straight people on TV and no ad should target others with gayness involved.
God says gay people are evil and they will burn Oh yes Jesus they will burn.

Or OP people are finally accepting of others and it is being mirrored in our TV and ad's.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Chillax, I was reading too much into it. I wasn't meaning to sound condescending. Roar

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

boymonkey74
OMG how ruddy dare they

Heck in the 70's I thought it disgusting we had gay people actually in comedy series..like this one.

I think we should only have straight people on TV and no ad should target others with gayness involved.
God says gay people are evil and they will burn Oh yes Jesus they will burn.

Or OP people are finally accepting of others and it is being mirrored in our TV and ad's.

Jesus power > Gay Power

When jesus burns evil gay stuff does it leave rainbow glitter ashes behind?

I also like the symbol right in front of the title...it could be a sign for GAY POWERS!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

Imagine the power of GAY JESUS!!!
Heck he hung around with many dudes I reckon he swang both ways

Just watched the head and shoulders ad (joe I love you saving shots but tut tut) and why is it gay? it is just trying to sell shampoo.
edit on 23-9-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
i,m guessing from your post your not an accepter ?i,ll accept anyone for what they believe,what they want to be or what they are,we have a very wide range of humans and i for one aint going to be judge or jury in their believes.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
So nobody here is remotely interested as to why & how 5 Western countries have legalised gay marriage in 5 months?

I guess that amount of international power can only ever be used for good?
I guess it doesn’t matter where it’s being co-ordinated from?

Now: Just listen to the opinions amplified by radio waves, across millions of TV screens, because they evidently make you feel safe & warm. Right?

Mark Harris Got this far and couldn't be bothered to read on.
That’s very typical of anybody who doesn’t look outside their own opinion. Maybe you’re a intellectual coward? Maybe your just damn right intolerant?
Am I missing something positive that can be said?
Ever way I have a great idea: Give up ATS, buy a Dictaphone, and listen to yourself over and over again.

Have you actually watched the commercial? Adultery?
Well yeah (I have a TV in the UK): She has a husband she leaves at the station (morning work?) plus has a lesbian, he seems to be clueless about.

the owlbear The title of this thread alone is hysterical.

LOOK OUT!!! GAY POWER!!!
No the title of this thread is: Gay power, why-how? (Yes I’ve shortened it a little, so hopefully this time it might be understood –not that I hold my breath).

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

The natwest ad is about two identical twins, one gay and one straight (that is why one is married and one has a girlfreind)..it is just showing us all we are all different.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

The timing is impeccable but keep in mind homosexuality is not a new phenomenon either. I recently saw a CBS interview with Cher when she explained how Russia contacted her about performing at the Olympics but she said no because her homosexual following kept her going since the early days. Similarly, there is a global shift in attitude presently being undertaken to change the perspective on the LGBT community. Perhaps these ads are to normalize what may be seen as "weird" or perhaps they are part of an institutional effort to shift our consciousness. You decide!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

boymonkey74

Mr Humphries was gay?
Well thats very subtle then.
I always thought it was Captain Peacock, he's the one with the moustache.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

alfa1

boymonkey74

Mr Humphries was gay?
Well thats very subtle then.
I always thought it was Captain Peacock, he's the one with the moustache.

That's not a mustache, it's a # duster. lolz

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Boymonkey74
The Natwest ad is about two identical twins, one gay and one straight (that is why one is married and one has a girlfreind)..it is just showing us all we are all different.
First time I realised it was too identical twins. I guess with them being identical twins, the underlining message being promoted, is the one I received?
After all, perfectly easy to have two non-identical twins, and then the message being communicated (well… apparently so) would be undeniable.

Mysterious Husky I recently saw a CBS interview with Cher when she explained how Russia contacted her about performing at the Olympics but she said no because her homosexual following kept her going since the early days.

And yet when it comes to Saudi Arabia www.queerty.com... and the dozens of other countries that execute homosexuals (in Saudi’s case they sometime crucify them) Obama & Co’s condemnation (she apparent over Russia which merely passes a law banning advocating homosexuality to under 18’s) is all but silent.

Similarly, there is a global shift in attitude presently being undertaken to change the perspective on the LGBT community. Perhaps these ads are to normalize what may be seen as "weird" or perhaps they are part of an institutional effort to shift our consciousness. You decide!

Political correctness is very interesting, if one opens eyes a little wider. E.g. Before the 1950-60’s racism was actively promoted by the British media (both broadcasters and advertisers alike). This fitted in well with a society that had much wealth, and pride, in its colonist empire.

Then: Come the 1950’s we start having an empire wind-down, combined with mass (black) immigration to fill in the low-paid jobs, which had been hard to fill, owing to the labour killed during WW2.
Suddenly it was no longer in our ECONOMIC interests to promote racism. And between 1950-1960 the media seems to have gone from nearly always actively promoting racism, to actively promoting the reverse.

The fact I and most people today support this, entirely misses the point. The point is: What’s politically correct, is largely a result of what’s deemed good for the economy.

But promoting homosexuality now? (Something legal in Britain for over 46 years) I see less of an economic motivation, and something more ideological. Something promoted by presumably by very rich people (Bilderburg?) Either way their agenda is interesting (not least as regardless of the fact it may well be good in this case; there’s usually something, rotten behind it).

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join