It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the bloody hell has happened to this site?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
First it was ads, then popups, then background advertisement, now this... why in the H*** do some people always think they can do something better. I'm for bringing back the old ATS myself.

I almost broke my habit of coming here due to the advertisements being annoying, this will only makes it easier to break that habit...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad

Hahahaha
totally agree, nicely written.

# these smiley's. I want my thumbs up & down back !!!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Nice rant!

I like the new look. I really like the font and the colors of the forum itself. I do not like the emoticons. Perhaps they can get new emoticons?

What used to be the "ribbon" down below is now up top. So, instead of looking for the V (arrow) down below, click on the V (arrow) up top. There you can access your inbox and your other things.

One thing I really like about the new forum is that it is so easy to "Star" now. Remember before that every time you starred a post, the entire page had to reload?!? It took forever and so a lot of times, I just wouldn't bother. But now everyone's getting lots of stars from me - because it's instantaneous.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

misscurious
And why are some thread titles blue and some green.. what is the meaning of this?

That's what I want to know.
Are they important topics, they don't seem to be. I don't get it

I miss the ribbon at the bottom of the page. I used that to navigate. I could go right to my posts and see what threads I last attended. Now I'm all over the place in topics I have no interest in, just to be able to participate. I just don't know which page is a good starting point to find topics I like. I tried new but it's not really new, there's stuff in the list from days ago. So I try the live which is like the old new.

I must have posted in all of the least interesting topics since the change. It seems they are the easiest to find, not the better quality threads.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks for the help on my posts and replies. I wasn't aware. I should see what each button does. I didn't. Will now.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Destinyone

ProfessorChaos

OpenEars123
:-D

That's some funnyass sheet right there! I'd give you a thumbs up but I can't find it :-|

Thumbs up has become

...sigh...

I've tried. I really have, to make that neon puke green smiley say thumbs up to me. It doesn't.

All it says to me is, I'm constipated. Or, I gotta pee really bad, where's the bathroom.

Des

edit on 23-9-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

I'm sure they'll come up with something, I'd make some myself to submit, but I simply don't have the time.

Either way, I know that it's being worked on, so be patient and before you know it, we'll have some fitting emoticons with which to emphasize our posts.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Perhaps this will help you ease into the new layout:

ATS 5.3 Tweaks (greasemonkey script)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Destinyone
Thumbs up has become

All it says to me is, I'm constipated. Or, I gotta pee really bad, where's the bathroom.

Sad but true...

I don't even bother with them for that reason,

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

All that does not replace the highly more effective current topics button that existed, it was far more accurate as to how people wanted to see things, have new updates, now things are 10% as interesting, and feels more guided by (?) something to reveal less information.

Big step backwards for perhaps the best feature this site had.

You must admit that really traffic is way down since people realize they just do not have the time to speak there minds and get banned.

All sites are down, and it is not because of fonts, but because we do not change anything typing away...

How the site looked was not bad at all, hopefully you will tweak more.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Your picture must fairly accurately depict the shock you were exposed to when seeing the new ATS interface?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

darkbake

Your picture must fairly accurately depict the shock you were exposed to when seeing the new ATS interface?

Nope, it accurately describes my suprise when I realized that allthough there was a mirror there was no toilet paper in the photobooth.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

OH THANK GOD! I was going to ask someone who was good with computers to do this.
Thank you!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I don't like the new (1980's) look at all. In my opinion
it just sucks. The typeface is way too condensed and
compacted. The quoted text is much more appealing
than the body type. The old skool hacker backdoor
green is, well, old skool. Been a while since anyone
used that hideous color and ditto emoticons. The big
fuggen icons are for the blind people among us?

Meh.. not my rant thread so I'll stop, but this is a
horrible design. Sometimes keeping things simple
adds more than trying to be trendy...

Meh!

edit on 24-9-2013 by snewpers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Well it would be nice to have a choice like some sites, New or Old layout.
win8TS

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

ChristianJihad

I'm quite a lazy bastard

I think that's your problem right there

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
^ (see no stars)

My rant:
I'm starting to see a lot of non - sense type post on ATS, where it use to be only creditable content allowed. Example: linking a BS story to Godlike Pro or not even telling what the post is really about in the title (seen that twice this week) or the title having nothing to do with the actual post, or a post with no info what so ever, just a link to youtube. etc etc etc.

What happened to the intelligent and philosophical conversations, the debates and the interesting topics?

Seems everything is all about politics, religion and guns guns guns. (which ran a few folks off I noticed)
In fact, I have had many comments removed/flagged when I post "my views" on a religious or political post. Very uncool! I'm not one to jump on a bandwagon and will stand my ground firmly. I guess now this can get your comment removed???
I made no mention of curse words, I stated how I felt, or perhaps asked a tough question, or was firm with how I viewed the content of the poster and nothing more. This is a public forum and people have different views if you are entitled to your views, than so am I! If you don't like someone going against your grain of what is personal to you, than keep it off a public forum!

Also, I am wondering where my star(s) are that are normally above my post. I noticed some others do not have them either.
fin~
edit on 24-9-2013 by Staroth because: more cow bell!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Chill brah it's not that bad after you use it for a bit.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Destinyone

ProfessorChaos

OpenEars123
:-D

That's some funnyass sheet right there! I'd give you a thumbs up but I can't find it :-|

Thumbs up has become

...sigh...

The loss of the old thumbs up, has left me with no compulsion to heartily congratulate a post for more than above average content. The whole concept of a resounding, job well done, has lost it's meaning. None of those neon puke green smiley-wanna-be's, can convey the old thumbs up.

JMOHO.....

Des

totally ..

and

whole heartily agree.. !!!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Staroth
What happened to the intelligent and philosophical conversations, the debates and the interesting topics?

We've made it easier than ever to find such topics...
Archive: threads from this month, sorted by flags.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Staroth

When you post, you will not see any stars for that post until some one gives you one. I'll do so just as a example.

I like many of the forums on ATS but in my opinion, Politics breeds the greatest conspiracies. You could really pretty much wrap most CT into politics.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join