It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the bloody hell has happened to this site?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
And another thing where are all the mods with their digital feet planted firmly in my ass?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

ChristianJihad
Where has that bloody thing gone that used to be down there V(arrow pointing down) at the bottom but a bit to the right. The thing that one used to be able to click "Current topics"

Current topics options...

Top menu >> recent: recent posts, just like before, but with forever scroll.
Top menu >> new: list like the new topics firehose, but better, with forever scroll
Top menu >> live: just like the old live

"My posts" etc ???

Top menu >> speech bubble (4th from right): your posts
Top menu >> double speech bubbles (3rd from right): replies to your posts

And whose clever idea was it to change the facey things into sodding unrecognizable
exorcist pea soup puke green eclipses ?

Mine. New smiley icons are being developed as part of a cooperative member project.

Did you (whoever the hell you are) not ever hear the phrase "if it's not broken then don't freaking fix it " ???

I have several (dozen?) posts throughout all the threads about the new design, starting more than six months ago, about how it was broke.

Still no bloody spell checker though

A web-client spell checker makes no sense, never did. Just about all modern browsers have local spell-checks built-in.

More importantly, everything is outlined in this thread

edit on 23-9-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord

More importantly, everything is outlined in this thread
edit on 23-9-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

Ahem... you are speaking to a group in which a large segment of us feel that reading the instructions is an admission of weakness....

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad

I'd give you a star and flag, but those buttons dont show up on my screen anymore.
edit on 23-9-2013 by theconspirator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I was wondering when you'd pop in on this thread.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

On a serious note, this format does feel more intuitive to me, and with the little additions that have been made since launch, I find this format to be far superior to the previous one, once the emoticons are finished, I will be a happy fella as far as the new look goes.

Give it a chance before you decide to lose your mind officially, it'll be worth it.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Still can't right click and open multiple threads into a new tab from the Hose/Recent box (in Firefox). Have to read each thread in the same window one after the other. Sigh.
edit on 23-9-2013 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Puweezzzzzz....canz I habs the old thumbs up thingie back.....

Des

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Hearing you there!

I have tried to like it but the colours make typing seem like a chore, bedazzled, blinded and offended by sick green faces, I cannot be bothered trying to find half of the stuff that used to be elegantly sat there, neatly well composed, legible, easy on the eye and formatted well, it was lovely.

Alas the new style is as you said, more like a dodgy old style, it reminds me of sea sickness, all bits glaring here and there, wincing at the text then the green slime faces that look like they are from 1985 and designed by a juvenile.

The old style was more sophisticated, grown up, well organised, reasonably slick, an altogether pleasant UI experience.

Insert opposite words for the new style.

I have some questions too?

Isn't there supposed to be an alternative colour option, I made some suggestions but was ignored but a few other posters did too so wasn't there anything worthwhile or was that thread, like the 'choose the smileys' thread a placating ruse? Hmmmnnn.

Those are the worst and ugliest smileys I have ever seen!

edit on 23-9-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The only way i can handle viewing this sight anymore is by flipping the color scheme to black and white even though it feels cheesy it doesn't make me feel sick like the neon green and strange grey does.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

ProfessorChaos

OpenEars123
:-D

That's some funnyass sheet right there! I'd give you a thumbs up but I can't find it :-|

Thumbs up has become

...sigh...

I've tried. I really have, to make that neon puke green smiley say thumbs up to me. It doesn't.

All it says to me is, I'm constipated. Or, I gotta pee really bad, where's the bathroom.

Des

edit on 23-9-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Fan bloody tastic rant , I'm just going on the literary content and not the actual content , but funny as a bunny with a chastity belt.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

ProfessorChaos

WarminIndy

And where is the search function? If I want a certain subject I have no way of finding it. The archives? That means I have to go through it day by day to see what interests me. But if I specifically want a subject I can't find it.

Please, someone lead me to the search function.

The search function is located under the navbar at the top of the screen after the twitter, facebook and such; it is the green magnifying glass.

Oh clever. I did not even see that before, because I forcibly turn my attention away when I see the share buttons for facebook and twitter. If I want to go to facebook or twitter, I will go there but I usually don't want to just keep sharing with facebook and twitter. I don't like it, the whole thing seems to be a conspiracy to keep track of our interests, and I would think ATS would do better than that.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

The additional functionality you receive if you pay is worthless so I don't understand why people always bring that up. What more do you need on a conspiracy website than being able to see each and every thread/post and the ability to reply to each and every thread/post? You get that all without paying here and there.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I keep seeing examples of confusion when it comes to people complaining about extra space between posts and the administrators of this website unable to understand what these people are talking about. The administrators should be rightfully confused if people are still complaining about this because it doesn't exist....anymore. There was one time however where there was a ridiculous amount of "space" between posts and very shortly after that time the extra space was gone. This was long ago around the time of a beta release. I can't give any specifics or even proof on this, but I can tell you I saw what I saw and I'm positive I wasn't hallucinating. All I know is I got on one day and was instantly shocked at how much space there was between posts. Looking at the website as it is now I can tell you this is not what it looked like at that time because if it had, I wouldn't have became so transfixed.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Sublimecraft

I've uploaded all the old school emoticons.

Copy/pasta these to a work doc for future use.

Bless your ever lovin heart, I am so grateful to you..
Thanks a million!

I am bookmarking your post!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

WarminIndy
t to go to facebook or twitter, I will go there but I usually don't want to just keep sharing with facebook and twitter.

There are no share buttons of any type. There never was, never will be.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

SeriousIndividual
Lastly, realize that "GLP" is much more popular than "ATS"

Well, if you like an over-abundance of meaningless posts containing nothing but emoticons... yes, they're more "active."

However, nearly 90% of our overall traffic comes from guests -- meaning we have a bit more overall traffic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join