What the bloody hell has happened to this site?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+25 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Ok, so I'll probably end up ranting to myself for the next ten minutes, there you go.

I've tried, I really have tried, not hugely hard but pretty hard for me as I'm quite a lazy bastard when it comes to navigating around websites.

Where has that bloody thing gone that used to be down there V(arrow pointing down) at the bottom but a bit to the right. The thing that one used to be able to click "Current topics" "My posts" etc ???

And also where has that column of threads gone from the right side of the page (Where sodding pacman now resides), I go out for a bit come back and some buggers decorated death grey and nicked the sodding furniture !!!

And whose clever idea was it to change the facey things into sodding unrecognizable
exorcist pea soup puke green eclipses ? Did no one entertain the thought that some of us older miserable bastards got to have more types of prescription spectacles than Smiley Virus has bedsores , let alone problems for the colour blind.

Did you (whoever the hell you are) not ever hear the phrase "if it's not broken then don't freaking fix it " ???

Still no bloody spell checker though ,so you have no intention of dragging my fat arse into the twenty first century in too much of a rush then!

There you go that's got that off my chest, no idea whatsever if I broke any T&Cs, not as though I could find T&Cs if I wanted as the new "Space 1999" Text is so bloody small and scary i have to checheck my suger levels to even think of trying to read.

edit on 23-9-2013 by ChristianJihad because: (no reason given)

(post by zonetripper2065 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad

Give it a little time, monkey around with the buttons at the top, it'll grow on you.

It took me about a week of messing with the test site, but now I really like it.
(

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
:-D

That's some funnyass sheet right there! I'd give you a thumbs up but I can't find it :-|

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

OpenEars123

That's some funnyass sheet right there! I'd give you a thumbs up but I can't find it :-|

Thumbs up has become

...sigh...

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
i,m with you if it wasn,t broken then why fix it?bring back ats we all love and know.
edit on 2013 by sparky31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
And why are some thread titles blue and some green.. what is the meaning of this?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

misscurious
And why are some thread titles blue and some green.. what is the meaning of this?

This is just a guess, but perhaps those have to do with recently flagged and recently replied or starred?

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

ProfessorChaos

OpenEars123

Thumbs up has become

...sigh...

The loss of the old thumbs up, has left me with no compulsion to heartily congratulate a post for more than above average content. The whole concept of a resounding, job well done, has lost it's meaning. None of those neon puke green smiley-wanna-be's, can convey the old thumbs up.

JMOHO.....

Des

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

It took me about a week of messing

A sodding week ?? Like a bible week , seven freaking days ??
Dude it took me about half a bloody hour sign in and I only did that because the light grey and adverts were deafening my eyes and giving me a headache.

Ah, but I see I still have 7066 characters left, no that perhaps should lull me into a false sense of calm. But I don't know if its 7066 or 7000 because the bastard numbers are so small!!
Christ i need a knap .

Did anyone else notice that the reply button is conveniently tucked away down there out of sight where the other topic thingy used to live (arrow pointing down) !!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

ProfessorChaos

OpenEars123

Thumbs up has become

...sigh...

What in effin hell is that supposed to be ? I smiley face with a slanted roof ??? A ski slope brain ? And they share what in common with a thumb ?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

And where is the search function? If I want a certain subject I have no way of finding it. The archives? That means I have to go through it day by day to see what interests me. But if I specifically want a subject I can't find it.

Please, someone lead me to the search function.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
LOL - that is a great rant, love it.
S&F for awesomeness

reply to post by Destinyone

I've uploaded all the old school emoticons.

Copy/pasta these to a work doc for future use.

NB: The old :xxx: codes do not work, you need to load the [img] like a normal pic. Also they take up their own line so you can't use them mid-sentence.

Chair shot
files.abovetopsecret.com...

STFU

Heyhowyadoin

Hammertime

Drunk

Whiskey

Uzi

Spam

Go Mods

Puke

Shocked

Monkey

Livid

Clown

Banned

Hail

Flamed

Cussing

Crybaby

Clowndance

Breakdance

Bash

Banghead

Banana

Afroman

Wow

Wink

Tumble

Tongue

Thumbs up

Thumbs down

Smile

Sad

Shocked

Roll eyes

Puzzled

Mad

LOL

Flaming

Exclamation

Duh

Cool

Big Grin

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

WarminIndy

And where is the search function? If I want a certain subject I have no way of finding it. The archives? That means I have to go through it day by day to see what interests me. But if I specifically want a subject I can't find it.

Got me there mate, can't see it anywhere could be with the spell checkers, if they stuck a google logo on it that would sure have helped. Or perhaps there's a special search tool to find the search tool.

I'm off to bed my eyes can't take anymore.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

WarminIndy

The search function is located under the navbar at the top of the screen after the twitter, facebook and such; it is the green magnifying glass.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Not too many explorers around here. Pick something and click on it. That's how one learns. EYEROLL.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I took a several month vacation from ATS and just came back. I still havent found my inbox and it took me about 20 min to find chat..... damn you ATS Gods.
Pukey green rage face..

I do believe the conspiracy here is to drive us older and more inflexible posters insane. Im positive its an ageist agenda.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

ChristianJihad
I'm off to bed my eyes can't take anymore.

Hehehehe, the irony in that sentence is that the reason they changed the site to this format is because they were losing too many people and the people that did still log on weren`t staying on the site as long as they use to, so they changed the site format to be more Iphone, ipad, Ieverything friendly in the expectation that more people would log on and stay logged on longer.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

If your going to change something why change it for the worse?

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join