It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I had a weird dream the other night...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

ProfessorChaos
I would like to start this off by sharing that I have fairly eclectic musical tastes (I like many different types of music, from traditional Irish, some Hip Hop, Classical to Boston Hardcore and Punk), but for the most part, I listen to very hard rock, or heavy metal (Black Label Society, Clutch, Megadeth, Metallica, etc.) when I'm in the mood for music.

That being said, I had a strange dream the other night, the details of which are lost to me other than the "ending", in which I was walking down a hallway, possibly of a school, and I began to hear the song "Tom Sawyer" by Rush playing. I thought to myself (in the dream), "I really need to get myself some Rush and listen to it, because it's pretty incredible stuff!"

Now for the rub, I've never been drawn the Rush's music in waking life, I mean, the few songs I have heard seemed okay, but nothing I would necessarily go out of my way to listen to.

So for the music buffs, specifically those that are into that kind of music, do you think that maybe I subconsciously like Rush, and should get some to listen to regularly? or am i taking the dream out of context?

Am I missing out on something if I ignore the dream?
edit on 9/23/2013 by ProfessorChaos because: added content

mm... 'school' is usually ' this world' , this matrix

perhaps you áre 'tom sawyer'... or "Rush wánts you to be" [ wants to trick you into getting like tom]

please look what is the character of 'tom ' [ im not so familiar]

'rush' = subconsciousness, directed by Evil ?

regards,

- add
i never heared of 'rush' but i assume its the category metallica etc, hence i phrased 'evils subconsciousness'
edit on 24-9-2013 by Lone12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Lone12

Never assume. Rush are nothing like Metallica, as a simple websearch, or for that matter, reading the thread ought to have made clear.

Metallica are, or I should say, were a thrash metal band (these days just a directionless oddity), but Rush are a progressive rock band. The two sounds are as different as old style blues and pop punk are.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by Lone12

Never assume. Rush are nothing like Metallica, as a simple websearch, or for that matter, reading the thread ought to have made clear.

Metallica are, or I should say, were a thrash metal band (these days just a directionless oddity), but Rush are a progressive rock band. The two sounds are as different as old style blues and pop punk are.

- i didnt mean it like that honey,
i just wanted to indicate to 'find the character of the several themes' , like 'tom ' and 'rush'

..sometimes even searching the etymology of names [ from the dream] indicates much.

hope that makes sense,

new topics

<< 1   >>

join