It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students Facing Expulsion for Playing With Toy Gun in Yard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Boys Suspended For Airsoft Guns In Yard

www.wavy.com...

I think that things are going a bit too far. We need to start limiting the power that School Districts have over our children. Being suspended and facing expulsion for playing with a toy gun in your own yard! I'm not one for lawsuits, but, I could be swayed very easily in this case. These morons are calling an Airsoft gun a "firearm". Something needs to be done.

A few years ago my Nephew was suspended for three days for smoking, in his own yard, on a Saturday. A teacher driving by saw him and reported him to the Administration. My Nephew at that time was 18 and legally able to smoke.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This is seriously ridiculous, I am only 22 years old and when I was 5-10 playing cops and robbers was the best fun I had at recess. And when I was 14 and thought smoking was cool I could round a couple corners and be just fine to smoke as long as no coppers drove by and hassled me.

I feel like I was the last of a generation that wasn't extremely hindered by political correctness of this magnitude.

The schools and the governments need to butt out of our personal lives and do their public duties. That is all.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Darolla
This is seriously ridiculous, I am only 22 years old and when I was 5-10 playing cops and robbers was the best fun I had at recess. And when I was 14 and thought smoking was cool I could round a couple corners and be just fine to smoke as long as no coppers drove by and hassled me.

I feel like I was the last of a generation that wasn't extremely hindered by political correctness of this magnitude.

The schools and the governments need to butt out of our personal lives and do their public duties. That is all.

The people running things are the people in High School that only responded to "punch in the face", or else they would tattle. And they knew of they tattled on the face punch threat, life would become literal hell.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
since we're talking airsoft guns I have a quick question. How young do ya'll think is to young to allow your kid to play with airsoft?

The story in the op is ridiculous btw.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I think the description is a bit misleading. They were on their own property, but the people they were shooting at weren't. They were shooting at kids who were waiting at a bus stop. Imagine if you sent your child to wait at the bus stop and a bunch of punk kids started shooting at them from across the street? Sure it's just air-soft, but if you get hit in the eye you can easily lose your eye.

Now I do agree that the action taken is extreme, and it's probably a result of ultra gun-conscious paranoia, but they shouldn't just be ignored either.

EDIT: The kid was whining that he can't get into a "good college" now with this incident on his transcript. I doubt that's true. A college is a business. If you have the money they'll take you, especially in these times when less and less people have the money.
edit on 23-9-2013 by AlliumIslelily because: added thoughts

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by digginforthetruth

It all really depends on the kid. Some kids are stupid some are not.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I got suspended for fighting other kids far from school property on the weekends.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

zonetripper2065
I got suspended for fighting other kids far from school property on the weekends.

Fight Club?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AlliumIslelily

In the current nanny state environment I think the school would be going after them if it was a water or rubber band gun because all they focus on is the gun part.

At most they deserved a warning or whatever happened to in school suspension. I spent many days in that for smoking or fighting as a kid. That was a punishment being thrown out a few days was a vacation....ah but times were different then.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

That's how it all kinda started. Then our fight club met another fight club and the rest is history. Then they arrested a few of ours and we had matching tattoos so we were booked as a gang and all that crap.

top topics

join