It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about meditation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
For approximately the past four months, while I've meditated, I've been having this intense pressure build up in my frontal lobe area, unlike any thing I've experienced in the past 12 years. I Googled a reason and found a guy who said its because I have other chakras that are blocked. I was just wondering if anyone here has additional information, or has had similar experiences. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Tucket
For approximately the past four months, while I've meditated, I've been having this intense pressure build up in my frontal lobe area, unlike any thing I've experienced in the past 12 years. I Googled a reason and found a guy who said its because I have other chakras that are blocked. I was just wondering if anyone here has additional information, or has had similar experiences. Thanks.

What kind of meditation are you doing? Is it to be empty or connect consciously to the divine?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Hey man!

I have had this intense pressure too inside my forehead while getting to this meditative state. It almost feels like the muscles inside my forehead are moving slowly. And it also tingles and feels numb a little bit too. But it is not an uncomfortable feeling at all.

I wrote about it in this thread I started: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Tucket

I suggest, if you plan on continuation in your meditation, not to unnaturally turn your senses inward towards your organs, but to exist in Gods presence and forget all things but God for the sake of God himself.

Try reading the OP in my signature.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I'm not sure. I just try to visualize and focus on a miniature sun or some type of diamond in my head. For the past while I've been experimenting with different sounds and frequencies that I find on you tube.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hey thanks for the link. It sounds like its a normal thing. I was just curious as to why now, after all these years of meditation things suddenly change.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
What is the purpose of your meditation? I think the answer lies in that. My purpose is to connect to the Divine and experience oneness in this presence. I have practiced meditation for over 25 years and taught it to many. I think the pressure is possibly in seeking something imagined in your head... I am not saying fake, but just the way of going about it. Grounding is very important as if you try to hold onto the energy you will feel immense pressure and get a headache, but to simply exist in the connection to the Divine and not hold onto that allows for healing, wholeness, and connectedness to both the Divine and the world around you.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I've had this happen to me as well. Sometimes it was because my eyes being unable to be still and focus on nothing. Sometimes, it was my facial muscles not being truly relaxed.

Other times, its a tremendous pressure that feels like something's about to burst through my forehead! Mostly its a result of bad breathing techniques, remnant facial muscle spasm or tension in the forehead and neck, overall relaxation.

Pay special attention to your breathing techniques. Improper breathing can cause all sorts of tensions in the body, and can create pressure points on the body and face/head.
edit on 23-9-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Susan Tuttle has some YouTube™ videos and She is also on farcebook™ The videos will assist in clearing Your chakras.. It reads as if Your 'ajna' needs tuning/un-blocking. In what shape is Your 'Pineal Gland'?

Due to Mother Earth completing Her 'dimensional shift' the 'akasha' is easier (for those attuned) to access...

'Akashic Records'

EDIT: Ajna is Your 3rd eye, intuition. Make sure You journal/chronicle Your dreams...

namaste
edit on 09/03/2013 by LewisStulePhD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Tucket

Take a pencil with a metal holder for the eraser (number 2 pencil). Place the end with the metal as close to the part of the forehead, where the brow is, just above the nose. If its the same sensation you just opened up your forehead chakra. Its is usually the first to open during consistent meditation.

If you continue to meditate you will also have similar sensations, in relation to the commonly known positions for all the chakras.

Think of it as something that is just beginning.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Tucket

Any heat or cold followed by it and what direction is the pressure pushing outwards/inwards.

I have a a similar heat push downward going on now days on 1/3 rd and a spin going on at 2/3 to the back.

If you are pushing chi, the sensations do not need to be blocked chakras from my point of view but instead you senses aware enough of the energies flowing thru.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Tucket
Hey thanks for the link. It sounds like its a normal thing. I was just curious as to why now, after all these years of meditation things suddenly change.

A theory is that it is getting easier to change the more chi/light/energy that is pushed thru to this place. But also those youtubes videos can be very effective. I used them myself to activate my chakras since I am not good at only sitting still in meditation.
edit on 23-9-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
A personal question since there seem to be a lot of people here that have experiance. Do anyone here know anything about nerves being activated right between the eyes where the nose goes over to the forehead? It is very annoying in my body when it happens and I now usually put my finger to not have to feel the nerves overacting.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Tucket

My own humbler opinion:

1) Find a mediatation teacher.

2) You are trying to hard. It isn't about 'forcing' focus - it's about watching what goes on inside. Sounds like something I used to do - tense up trying to not think about anything but my mantra or other focus. Once a teacher explained that it wasnt' about keeping thoughts/feelings/images out but not holding on to them or chasing them donw another track and gently coming back to 'point', it went away.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

LittleByLittle
A personal question since there seem to be a lot of people here that have experiance. Do anyone here know anything about nerves being activated right between the eyes where the nose goes over to the forehead? It is very annoying in my body when it happens and I now usually put my finger to not have to feel the nerves overacting.

I have a very sensitive area between my eyes. I can shut my eyes, and my partner can go to touch that area and I can say when they are within an inch of it usually. The more we seek to connect to the Divine source of all life, for me that is God, the more we feel this tingling. I think the fluoride issues have caused many to not be able to connect, but I have no fluoride in my water or toothpaste. I stay away from most chemicals and pharmaceuticals. I believe we were a much more in "tune" people 200 years ago than we are now. You can decalcify your Pineal gland which is in the center of your brain (third eye) and just having the intention to connect will help.

I greatly agree about trying too hard. The easiest thing to do is to let go once you experience it. Letting go of control, not holding onto anything in essence what St. Teresa of Avila meant in detachment. We are much too attached to things and thoughts. Contemplation is a true gift imho, and frankly I need to do it more now than ever.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Tucket

You might want to google the microcosmic orbit and read Mantak Chia's "Awaken Healing Energy through the Tao".

Energy can get stuck if you focus too much on one area. Exercise, walks outside, and other grounding techniques might help as well.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

I can take any metal object and place it to my forehead and experience what seems like energy.

The same sensation presents itself in meditation without tools.

edit on 23-9-2013 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   

UnifiedSerenity

LittleByLittle

I have a very sensitive area between my eyes. I can shut my eyes, and my partner can go to touch that area and I can say when they are within an inch of it usually. The more we seek to connect to the Divine source of all life, for me that is God, the more we feel this tingling. I think the fluoride issues have caused many to not be able to connect, but I have no fluoride in my water or toothpaste. I stay away from most chemicals and pharmaceuticals. I believe we were a much more in "tune" people 200 years ago than we are now. You can decalcify your Pineal gland which is in the center of your brain (third eye) and just having the intention to connect will help.

I greatly agree about trying too hard. The easiest thing to do is to let go once you experience it. Letting go of control, not holding onto anything in essence what St. Teresa of Avila meant in detachment. We are much too attached to things and thoughts. Contemplation is a true gift imho, and frankly I need to do it more now than ever.

Thanks for the sharing
. I have this theory that those nerve endings might be an offshoot of the third eye. If you think about it the middle of forehead third eye is in a way the nerve endings that the pineal gland uses to get whatever sensory data it can pick up
. You are still feeling the push/tingle/heat on forehead but the pineal gland is in the middle of the brain.

I am probably to curious again about how the biological machine senses work with the spiritual connection. I am a believer that the spiritual can be be both philosophically and biologically quantifiable if humanity just make the effort to do it.
. Divine source is waiting for us to catch up and teach on the level we can understand.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Kashai
reply to post by LittleByLittle

I can take any metal object and place it to my forehead and experience what seems like energy.

The same sensation presents itself in meditation without tools.

edit on 23-9-2013 by Kashai because: Added content

I tried putting metal to my forehead and it makes me feel cold instead. So nice. I needed that since I feel a little to hot in my body

Chi/light/energy (or whatever you wanna call it
) can feel different at the same time in my body. I noticed it especially when you get reiki from several people at once on different places in the body. Cold, little hot, very hot, pressure, tingling, pulsating, spinning tingle (it is tingling but spins where it tingles).

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Personally, I'm on the fence about the value of meditation but my Life Partner has the same problem. He solved his with a past life regression (is this bunk?) which found that he was killed by a spear to the forehead.

Arouet

top topics

<<   2 >>

join