It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VOTE: 8,400 Extra Votes Favor Kerry in Orange County Florida.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Right after the elections, the Orange County elections office Web site showed that Kerry had won over Bush in that county by 9,227. But officials working for the Orange elections supervisor said the correct totals, which are available elsewhere on the site, show that Kerry won by only 827 votes. The 8,400 extra votes were caused by an error when counting the votes precint by precint.

www.orlandosentinel.com
The cause of the error, Orange officials said Thursday, was a software program that could not tabulate more than 32,767 votes in a single precinct. On election night, officials anticipated the problem and adjusted for it, deputy election official Lonn Fluke said Thursday.

But the next day, workers failed to account for the glitch while posting precinct results online. When absentee-ballot totals exceeded the limit in one precinct, the software caused additional votes to be subtracted from Bush's total.

A similar discrepancy affected vote totals posted online for the U.S. Senate race between Republican Mel Martinez and Democrat Betty Castor. But neither online counting problem made it into the real totals sent to Tallahassee, election officials insist.

"The election results we certified to the state are correct," Fluke said. The presidential and U.S. Senate absentee results posted online were "garbage."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

(To see the full article you have to subscribe to the web site, but it is a free subscription.)

As we can see the "glitch" favored Kerry and not Bush. Officials are saying that similar problems happened in Broward County and in Greensboro, N.C.

If we look at some of the other "glitches" we can see that the glitches affected everyone, and that in some cases there is more evidence of real fraud, when seals for the e-voting machines were found broken, while others seem to show that there was an error in software.

The following is another error that favored Kerry.

The totals were so large, the tabulation computer threw some numbers away. Retallying changed two outcomes and gave an additional 22000 votes to Kerry.

Excerpted from.
www.votersunite.org...

Related News Links:
www.votersunite.org
www.charlotte.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
VOTE: 3,893 Extra Votes For Bush In Suburban Columbus, Ohio County (only 638 voted)
New Research Project: 2004 Electronic Voting Issues

[edit on 14-11-2004 by Muaddib]

[edit on 11-14-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Humm, by the looks of the "views" to this thread not a lot of people seem interested in finding the truth. However many seem very interested at any news which bash and blames Bush or the administration....even if some of these accusations later prove to be false....

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Bull. If they favored Kerry, then regardless it needs to be checked. Jesus. Stop with partisanship and let's get the damn voting system fixed. Fraud is fraud, glitches are glitches. Who cares. I want a fair election. PERIOD.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
This single fact is only part of the story.

The story has to do with the FACT that Diebold machines can be programmed to create any OUTCOME the programmer wants to create, without respect to the ballots having been cast.

So, what else is new?

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Emily_Cragg
This single fact is only part of the story.

The story has to do with the FACT that Diebold machines can be programmed to create any OUTCOME the programmer wants to create, without respect to the ballots having been cast.

So, what else is new?

People were claiming that all the glitches were favoring Bush, and that this showed that Bush and his people had "rigged" the elections. We can see by this information that this is not so as glitches favored Kerry also, and by very large numbers.

[edit on 14-11-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
To me it makes no difference who the votes "favored", and I couldn't care less. The thing that has me concerned is for the very nature of the voting system itself. Clearly these machines are screwing with votes, and one of the most basic rights of Americans is being torn out from underneath us.

WAKE UP PEOPLE...Its not about votes being counted for Bush or Kerry...it's about our votes being stolen by faulty voting machines and irregular voting procedures. If we continue to sit by and watch this happen any longer it wont just be a vote of "a lesser of the two evils", but rather your vote simply being disregarded. This is more than just party politics.

[edit on 14-11-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
exactly Jazzerman....it is the system that is not working but no ;officials' want to admit it...why stop something that can so easily be manipulated. this election seems to be a proving ground. imagine what could happen in local elections??....elections that will not get alot of attention from the media...how could the manipulation of these elections change the states and AMERICA....
its the system..........................

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Threads like this are divisive in nature. Kerry has moved on. We truly have to let it go for now and do some nation building. In another three years time by all means drag out all of these "catastrophies" and debate them whilst tearing apart Hillary and Rudy, but for now let's give the rest of the world the impression that this is the UNITED states of America. I have been hearing from so many foreigners how much they hate the US and Bush, the reason they feel comfortable doing things like that is because we tell them its ok.

Every country has its issues as it was in the beginning and as it will be forever.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Do you think that paper trails are not susceptible to fraud?

Voter fraud has been around for a long time before the e-voting machines.

No matter in what manner we will vote, there will always be voter fraud. Now, i do think that this should be looked into, perhaps even have the e-voting machines leaving also a paper trail like a member suggested some time ago. But going back to the old method of voting is not going to make sure there is no more voter fraud.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Now, i do think that this should be looked into, perhaps even have the e-voting machines leaving also a paper trail like a member suggested some time ago. But going back to the old method of voting is not going to make sure there is no more voter fraud.

I never suggested going "back" in voting methods, but simply that what we have now simply is not good enough. I believe our technology is still in its infancy, and with that comes problems. One cannot leave our infant baby technology alone for long because one day it will get into the cleaning cabinet and drink some Drano and die. Until our technology is allowed time to grow so that fraud can be prevented easily we should not be rushing technology upon such a large task as voting...it simply is not the time! Until voting machines can do their job right, in this case, the old way may be the best way.

However, like you mentioned there is always fraud when anything like voting. The best thing we can do is to correct the problem, yet no one seems to be correcting the problem with technology. Perhaps this is yet another case humans believing that what we create in infallable

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
In order to convict a criminal of a crime, one usually looks for a motive.
There was certainly a motive, a method as well as an agenda that all
points to justifiable reason for suspicion about the results of this election.

Many people were not so much voting FOR KERRY as much as they were voting
AGAINST BUSH. The exit polls strongly supported this as well.

Everyone knew that the e-voting machines would be watched, but the
uploads of data from the optical scan counters would not be attracting
that same kind of attention.

These few glitches we are finding are just the tip of the iceberg IMHO
This was a massive effort to tilt the scales in favor of madness.

The current effort to sweep the TRUE results under the rug is deeply disturbing.

Of course all of us hope that things will improve before the next election, but
meanwhile the Bush Dynasty will do all it can to alter the course of our country
for the next few decades.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Many people were not so much voting FOR KERRY as much as they were voting
AGAINST BUSH. The exit polls strongly supported this as well.

You are correct, if I remember correctly, nearly 70% of those who voted for Mr. Kerry did so simply to vote against Mr. Bush. I also remember reading that nearly 45% of the Democrat's also voted in favor of banning same-sex-marriages.

Interesting, to say the least.

seekerof

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Whoops, my bad, I didn't read the topic. After the elections from now on, they should instate a manditory recount to prevent what scandals could occur.

[edit on 14-11-2004 by NWObringer]

join