It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will this invention end all wars?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Sounds good to me OP. Send one my way when you finish. I don't think they should be shooting at the gun club close to my house after eleven o'clock. They put up lights and sometimes shoot later. I'll turn it on at eleven every night. If that works as you say, it would also stop a forest fire. OOps, maybe it will keep my oil furnace from working .....forget about inventing it, the government will just use it to freeze us to death..

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

supergravity
they could do is beat us with clubs and stones.

And that exactly what they would do instead!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Don't you have to take a chemistry course to become an electrical engineer? You cannot think such an invention is plausible...

The only conceivable way war could be eliminated is constructing a device that could manipulate people on a wide scale. A mind control device, or a device that genetically engineers non killers, as an earlier poster suggested.

It may be possible to mold a climate less prone to war by truly coming together as a global entity-- no more pointless boundaries separating people. But of course, people would still tend to segregate and stick with people that are more "like them," so the world would still see wars based on groups of like minded individuals having disputes with other groups of like minded individuals.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by supergravity

No not crazy but if you are really capable of this level of engineering then you could make some really good device's but and here is the caveat, your first customer would be the military to use them on there opponent's and they would work around it in no time.

Take metal, it has a melting point but what if you take a purified metal of a single non alloy element, let's say iron and you experiment with varying resonant radio frequency's, you find the one and the amplitude too melt the iron then you create the opposite frequency and expose the metal to high temperature but bombard it with a frequency at an amplitude to cancell out the metals ocscillation at the atomic level so stabilising the crystaline macro molecular structure and actually preventing it melting (so raising the amplitude would compensate for rising temperature and enable it to remain solid with some abblation at extremely high temperature), what practical application would you find for that.

No war in unfortunately a side effect of human incompatability and shortage of resource and asset's, it is the lazy alternative to finding more intelligent solutions that could allow a 1000 percent increase in population with managed ecological engineering, but we are more likely kill ourselves first, sadly.

edit on 23-9-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I fully support your anti gun powder? Machine? 350 unicorn power gas engine? Electronic? Magic? Xmen magneto powers? device or system.

What if people started using trained combat attack dogs ? Or tigers? Slingshots? What about people throwing shoes from hanggliders?

I think a lot of dudes with sweet pony tails, doing karate and smashing pumpkins in their parents garage that have mastered using katana and want to make their own sword out of a meteorite, would fully support you aswell.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SasquatchHunter

Cruel but made me laugh, it may actually be possible with one hell of a transmitter, did you know that during 1944 over hamburg in german allied bombers had to fly over 12000 feet as something was cutting there engine's off and at the same time only diesil motor's would work in the city as all electrical ignition systems would fail.
It is not beyond concievable for a energy/radio frequency field to be generate that could suppress the chemical reaction but it would require one hell of a radio generator which would likely fry the people as well, though beyon hypthetical it is not likely and you forgot about angry woman with pan's and rolling pin's.

Still you do come accross as very callous on this one.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

supergravity
I was thinking about the history of all wars and weapons of wars and began to think of something that would systematically shut down all abilities of known warfare and come up with the following and wish other opinions on these ideas.
First, I wanted to do this legally and without harming anyone.Being an electrical eng I found that chemical reactions can be speed up or slowed down by adding electromagnetic energy,So I began to make an "ANTI-WEAPON".It is a harmless devise and can harm nothing and nobody, But when activated "NO gunpowder will ignite within 100 miles"I percieve this invention to be totaly leagal and it would put warfair back into the stone age. If 20,000 troops showed up to kill me or my town the only thing they could do is beat us with clubs and stones.
I took It a step further and planned out other "ANTI-WEAPONS" to stop other systems of electronic warfair such as the new and speading electronic harasment" SYCOTRONICS" So far I have cured 17 people that have a horrible screaching in both ears, All research sugests this is caused by mutiple countries expironmenting on each others citizens.Am I crazy for trying to change this out of controll world?

In my humble estimate, the best "anti-war weapon" you could invent would be a device which would kill politicians and political leaders with the flip of a single switch.
You could do a limtied demonstration, just to get their attention, and hold the rest of them hostage with the threat of using it if anyone starts a conflict of any kind.
This is the only way you will ever stop wars. After all, old politicians start wars so young men will die.

Population control.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Not aware of the incident you pointed out, but I will check it out. That frying pan thing could be tricky I seen some women doing zumba that would be deadly with powerful weapon like that.

Maybe the OP invention would be just the spark we need to clone dinosaurs. I would for sure ride a velociraptor into battle, wizard staff in one hand and American flag in the other.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SasquatchHunter

This guy wrote a book called the hunt for Zero point, en.wikipedia.org... it and a lot of other interesting fact's about the NAZI secret science programs were included, sadly I lent my first edition copy to my brother (I should have know better) and that was the last I saw of it.
www.amazon.co.uk...
Should be able to get it at the library though, Great read if you are interested in this stuff.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Didn't see any info on the Wiki. The different size and colored fonts on the book cover were very hard to read, also I don't have enough pounds to purchase it.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

supergravity
But when activated "NO gunpowder will ignite within 100 miles"

Well, as gunpowder is not used in current weapons.... you have a "device" that does nothing!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
A gun is a tool not the weapon .I have many tools I can use.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
No single invention no matter how effective or what it does will end all wars. You have a tool that negates most weapons on the battlefield? Ok, people will just use other weapons. Invent something that solves one of the problems people go to wars for (like a perpetual energy machine)? Ok, people will just go to war over different reasons. It's sad but humans are addicted to war. We are so addicted to it, we will go to war over the silliest and strangest reasons.

I truly believe that if a perpetual energy machine were to be discovered war would go away. Maybe not for good, but I think that people would see that there is a much better way we could be living. I see why you think people would still go to war for other reasons, but a kind of perpetual energy machine would help the whole world out.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Okay, my weapon systems will not work.
I pull out my gerber and sharpen a stick, I walk over and start stabbing, I just found a way around your device.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

FYI over 100,000 people have been killed in 1 "event" (which may have taken more than a day) by hand power alone on many occasions - check out en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Weapons have never caused any war..People do..

From the neighborly dispute that gets escalated to something ridiculous to the world wars and everything in between.

So unless you have some way to get rid of all the evil, insane, crazy, selfih, violent, angry people in the world your invention will not do much no matter how noble the origin.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

LABTECH767
did you know that during 1944 over hamburg in german allied bombers had to fly over 12000 feet as something was cutting there engine's off and at the same time only diesil motor's would work in the city as all electrical ignition systems would fail.

Of course you have a source for that claim.....

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

supergravity
Being an electrical eng I found that chemical reactions can be speed up or slowed down by adding electromagnetic energy...

Well, if you're talking about heat, I guess that's literally true. Other than that, no.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

teamcommander
In my humble estimate, the best "anti-war weapon" you could invent would be a device which would kill politicians and political leaders with the flip of a single switch.

If you've got a good DVD rental place, you would probably like "The 27th Day", it's a cheesy 50's SF movie, but along this line.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

supergravity
reply to post by ManFromEurope

The anti gunpowder Devise is still in the works but the anti- tinitis countermeasure is a reality and helping many people.I just wanted some opinons on "THE CONCEPT" of a practice and meathod for creation of said omni-directional wave front technology that can affect said chemical reactions of many types of combustion.
pray tell me more of this tinitus cure as it is driving me nuts i will be your guinee pig for this

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join