It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple's iPhone 5S fingerprint scanner hacked after just TWO days!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Dumbass
Really is everything called hacking now? Its an analog approach not really hacking IMO.
In that sense, I can crack almost any new phone, laptop or computer in a second or two.... With a hammer.
Sigh

ITT: Lots of people - who dont know what the word hacking actually means; defending their new purchase.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

darkbake

My friend has an EMP failsafe he can detonate by pressing a keystroke combination, for example, in case he needs to fry his P.C.

No he doesn't.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

ignorant_ape
finally - to be brutally honest - this munkie [ if it had the urge to hack a iphone 5s ] would be taser the victim , use his own finger to activate the scanner - walk away with full access simples

This will happen to someone on the streets...I am absolutely sure it will pop up in the news....maybe not this week, maybe not next month, but maybe in the new year we will hear about it. Scary thought though.

And even if it was not a taser, it will be the real gun used.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It was hack before the public release of the iphone5s(c), its all over the Internet.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Famouszor

Link please or it doesn't exist online...

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Skywatcher2011
The only thing that would keep the iPhone not getting hacked by these hackers would be a retinal eye scanner...but that would be one expensive phone!
edit on 23-9-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

When you take a closeup of yourself, I believe they could be scanning your retina. Or maybe not.

Who knows?

Arouet - Doesn't want to be on anybody's bad side.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Most bio-metrics suck. The fingerprint is the worst. If your password is your fingerprint you walk around leaving your password all over the place all day long. People think "Well Iris is the solution", but Iris is even worse. I can take a picture of your Iris with a high megapixel camera, and reproduce them. Most iris recognition software can be beat by simply printing a picture of the mark. Bio-metrics that sucks include: fingerprint, hand print, facial recognition, Iris. Better Bio-metric technology includes Retina, hand geometry, typing rhythm, gait and hand vein recognition.

The real problem is what happens when your biometric identity is stolen. Think about that for a moment…just how do you go about get a new retinal pattern? How do you get a new set of fingerprints? You can't- once they've been copied or recorded the game is over. To put it in real world terms, how can you invalidate your fingerprints so they can't be used at an ATM, for example? Again, you can't. What happens is that your fingerprints have to be invalidated for any kind of useful or secure access. Welcome to the "Problems With No Solution" club.

The wonders of technology that promise to make sure that it's really "you" when you visit that ATM also mean that once it's shown to be "not you", what it means is that now it's "not you" forever. Your personal, one-time, utterly-unique identification method is now worthless, and you can't get a new one.

But it could be even worse than that. If your fingerprint, DNA, or retinal pattern is taken as absolute "proof" that it was you who accessed that ATM (and it really wasn't you), what's your recourse? Yes, maybe you were somewhere else at the time and maybe you have a way to prove it…or maybe you don't. Then what? Is the bank going to go to bat for you? (Excuse me while I laugh like a crazed gibbon for a moment…)

Why Bio-metrics are a really bad idea
edit on 26-9-2013 by scifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I remember the outcry when people had to leave fingerprints at the airport.

Now people willingly spend 100s of $ in order to buy a device that takes high resolution scans of their fingerprints, while being fully aware of the fact that government agencies have full access to the data.

Have people become completely retarded ?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This is so stupid! This is for the average joe you dumb conspiracy nuts. Seriously? Whoever goes through the trouble of lifting a fingerprint and # is going to get your info no mater what! It's just added layer of security for the average person who isn't that important!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join