It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAO Launches Emergency Projects to Fight H7N9 Avian Flu

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Mhmmm. Several years ago, I went to a convention with about 30 or so peers. There were about 70k people in attendance and at least one of them had H1N1. Nearly all of us got it with severity of varying degrees by the end of the convention. Some of them flew home, probably infecting an unknown number on the planes. It was like a scene straight out of "Outbreak". CDC's worst nightmare and saying that may be very true. My mother used to work for a large medical school and only just realized a few months ago that that convention was likely the source of a case study she encountered.

Never underestimate the power of a face mask. I was quarantined with my two children while down, dreadfully ill for 10 days and as a single parent, that was..."fun". Both of my children escaped it despite living in the same house with me. I stayed in my room which I enforced as a quarantine zone within the house. No entry for either of them, door shut the entire time and fairly sealed. If I needed to leave the room, I did a full scrub up past my elbows and wore a mask provided to me by a doctor before exiting. I avoided touching anything outside of my room. It sucked and was horrible but neither of my children caught H1N1. Should something ever break out, this is what you do to protect your loved ones. Most transmissions are airborne or contact. Remember that.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

reply to post by marg6043

FYI - My premises & conclusions, in case you think otherwise:

1. Bioweapons have been created, and escaped and/or been released purposefully into the world (eg., bird flu, etc.);

2. Global agricultural corporations have the most to gain from using agricultural bioweapons;

AGRICULTURAL BIOWARFARE & BIOTERRORISM
…"Agricultural corporations, including producers, processors, and shippers, could benefit immensely from the economic impacts, market share changes, and financial market effects of a successful biological attack. Many also employ expert plant pathologists or veterinarians and have large collections of pathogens. The combination of motivation, expertise, and materials within a single, closed organization is worrisome. Of course, corporations, like countries, would run enormous legal risks if they perpetrated a biological attack, so if they were to choose to do this, it would be expertly designed to mimic a natural outbreak."

3. As a bioweapon, it is most likely that H5N1 bird flu was designed to target China's economy;

4. As a bioweapon, it is most likely that H7N9 bird flu was designed to target China's backyard, open market poultry industry to justify implementing the Codex Alimentarius: International Food Standards and make way for global corporate control of our planet's food industries - and food supply;

5. Agricultural bioweapons were created and released based on the mistaken assumption that diseases do not cross species barriers (they do, with increasing regularity);

Catastrophes after crossing species barriers
Probably the most tragic examples of virus infections that have caused the deaths of many millions of people in the past century were the influenza and AIDS pandemics. These events occurred as a direct result of the introduction of animal viruses into the human population. Similarly, mass mortalities among aquatic and terrestrial mammals were caused by the introduction of viruses into species in which they had not previously been present. It seems paradoxical that at a time when we have managed to control or even eradicate major human virus infections like polio and smallpox we are increasingly confronted with new or newly emerging virus infections of humans and animals. A complex mix of social, technological and ecological changes, and the ability of certain viruses to adapt rapidly to a changing environment, seems to be at the basis of this phenomenon.

Emerging zoonoses: crossing the species barrier
The ability of infectious disease agents to cross the species barrier has long been recognised for many zoonotic diseases. New viral zoonotic diseases, such as acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), caused by human immunodeficiency viruses 1 or 2, emerged in the 1980s and 1990s, and have become established in the human population. Influenza virus continues to find new ways to move from avian species into humans. The filoviruses and the newer paramyxoviruses, Hendra and Nipah, highlight the increasing proclivity of some animal viral agents to infect human populations with devastating results. A previously unknown transmissible spongiform encephalopathy, bovine spongiform encephalopathy, has emerged in cattle in Europe and spread to humans as well as other animal species. A novel toxicosis, caused by Pfiesteria spp. dinoflagellates, has become a secondary problem in some areas where large fish kills have occurred. The increasing proximity of human and animal populations has led to the emergence of, or increase in, bacterial zoonoses such as plague, leptospirosis and ehrlichiosis. …..(more)

6. Every lifeform on the planet is now undergoing a rapidly accelerated evolutionary process. This acceleration is largely created by human activity (including but not restricted to bioweapons release and GMO's), but at this point, nature has taken over and the process is waaayyyy out of human control. …It's all about evolution now and we better catch up in a big hurry. In this light, researchers like Fouchier and Kawaoka are NOT suspect, they are doing essential work.

7. We need to recognize the corporate agenda and strategies to make sense of the situation. Corporations are all about making money, and getting power. Their strategy is certainly planned, but many components are opportunistic. In broad strokes, the strategy here is to profit from:
a. Vaccines (mostly agricultural but also human);
b. The medications needed to treat chronic illness developed by disease survivors (these medications need to be taken for life, and represent a FAR greater profit margin than monies to be made from vaccines);
c. Control of the global food supply; and yes,

d. Population reduction and control - corporations are not interested in any people except those willing and able to generate profit for the corporate system; "useless eaters" are unwanted.

Pinkorchid, please, please listen to this podcast made almost 10 years ago The Soficrow Radio Show. "Bird Flu: Why Worry Now?"

Also see:

Spin and Counterspin: New Bird Flu Mutation has 91% Fatality Rate in Humans

The Soficrow Radio Show. Bird Flu or Mad Cow: You Choose

Is H5N1 Bird Flu a Bioweapon that Targeted Asia's Economy?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
And to think sofi that back in the days all this talks of using bioweapons in order to control population and to target specific areas of the population were just part of a wish list in governments agendas.

Now is happening around us and sadly most people do not see the connection they can never comprehend that their own governments will do such a think.

We should have never allowed companies like those that are genetically modifying food to even get out of the ground to become the monstrosities they are now, it only shows how money can buy anything and the pursue of profits can turn those behind this type of science into monsters.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Hey , I fully agree, no argument here. That's why I posted what I did , to show how the pieces fit together.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Thanks for your posts WhiteAlice. Good stuff. Would you please share some of your wisdom here too?

Pandemic Preparation, Natural Prevention and Treatment

Thanks, sofi

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
A bit more background coverage. ...Interesting info about the US government's 211 pandemic line.

USGOV Preparing Nat'l Disaster Medical System for Possible H7N9 Pandemic

Sept 21, 2013

What You Need to Know
On several occasions in recent months we have reported on the extraordinary efforts being undertaken by federal health and disaster authorities to prepare for some form of pandemic-scale public health event (see this, this and this). The sheer scale of the preparations, the amounts of money being spent and the speed at which these preparations are taking place reveal significant concern on the part of authorities.

About Influenza A(H7N9)

The U.S. government, the World Health Organization and other world health authorities are seriously concerned by the potential for a bird flu (avian influenza) pandemic in the upcoming flu season (Sept. - May). Since the first cases of H7N9 were detected in humans in the Spring of 2013, approximately 33% of those who become infected die. The British Medical Journal reports the virus can be transmitted via human contact. (See this and this). The National Institutes of Health reports the virus is capable of airborne transmission. (See this and this). At present there is still no effective vaccine available.

If you think you or a member of your family is becoming ill in a pandemic situation, it is important that you DO NOT IMMEDIATELY RUSH TO THE HOSPITAL. The simple reality is that you will likely encounter desperate throngs of other sick people doing the exact same things. The chances are also very good that hospitals and other medical facilities will already be overwhelmed.

The Centers for Disease Control and the American Association of Poison Control Centers are already establishing a "National Nurse Triage Line" using the 211 phone number for an Severe Influenza Pandemic. The 211 line will be used in managing ill persons with influenza-like illness during a severe pandemic and to electronically or telephonically transfer authorized prescriptions to local pharmacies. Attempt to call the hospital emergency room and the 211 line BEFORE setting out to find medical attention.

For any clear thinking adult, this reason alone should be motivation to follow the preparedness guidance in this document BEFORE a pandemic scenario is upon us. If the government is currently spending billions of dollars and dedicating other resources to preparing for a possible pandemic, this should be your signal to make some preparations of your own.

The lives of yourself and family could hang in the balance.

Download a copy of this preparedness guidance in virus-free PDF form and share with friends and family.

www.BirdFlu211.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Well super.

Going to China on business middle of October.

Don't want to go now.

Three weeks as well. Bound to be around possible infected people.

Any advice welcomed. (I have to go by the way so that's not an option, unfortunately)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jehova620

Take surgical masks (N95 I think), surgical gloves and wash, wash wash. Follow extreme hygiene rules. I also have a little ionizer I wear around my neck - supposedly kills viruses within a 3 foot diameter - makes a kind of walking bubble. And don't forget nutrition - all your vitamins, micronutrients and everything else.

Also, check around ATS archives for stuff that came out around H1N1 (2009) and H5N1 (2005ish), and watch this thread:

Pandemic Preparation, Natural Prevention and Treatment

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

We're just better dressed, with bigger homes, and with cars.

Don't forget airplanes, international travel and the obsession to congregate in ENORMOUS public crowds, packed like sardines in the can. The next run through a viral pandemic won't be the least but pretty.

It may even be the Georgia Guidestones won't need any outside meddling to see it all come to pass. The creators may have been well aware of that too. Just wait...patiently. Eventually, nature will do far better what we can only play at by comparison. Patience...time..and opportunity, right?

What are the chances it happens in his lifetime without humans creating it. Its like predicting the black plague a year before it happens. But ya some people really think everything is just coincidence.

Whats the chance all of these different viruses are born within a decade?

The people behind the georgia guidestones and denver airport know coincidence doesnt exist in these kind of amounts. 99,99% of us is just to close minded to think the worst of it.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsup86

Actually, the books I've read about Corporate Animal farming these days pretty well make the emergence of new and more deadly hybrid viruses a certainty. Not much debate about it. Take the Hog Farm this one is about..

Utah hog farm part of $7.1 billion Chinese deal

That one says it produces 1.2 million hogs annually and that's 185 times more than the local human population. Endless opportunity for sickness and mutation among a huge population ..and thats hardly the largest complex or at all unique. Back east you'll get them in close proximity to chicken and turkey farms too. Close enough to be a valid point anyway, and the mixing of virus goes on at rates never seen before ...because 'some' livestock isn't enough. No.. These days, it has to be raised in such incredible numbers, it's mass producing meat and little more. Concentrating animal illness is also the result though.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I would like to add the possible staged events on the east coast as well. Or should I say drills that are being set up.

Ok off to read the thread.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

It is of interest that here in the Midwest fleas were nearly non existent, we had ticks and chiggers galore but fleas were manageable, but in the past 5 years they have become so rampant that I have met so many people who cannot control them no matter what they pay or do. Perhaps it is in the feed? The medicines to stop them? I dont know but it has become bad. The more you spend on flea killing products the more you get fleas. At one point they thought that the big death would come from mosquitoes, but maybe it will be fleas?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I have two strictly indoor cats and, for the first time in 10 years, they picked up fleas and badly. Theoretically, fleas can develop a resistance to many of the pesticides used. We're using Advantage Plus but, in case of resistance, we're also using food quality diatomaceous earth. DE is a fine silica and slaughters fleas as the dust attaches to their exoskeleton so they eventually either die by bleeding or drying out. It's natural but very dusty so use a mask as it's not good to inhale. Vacuuming several times a week (I toss bits of a flea collar in the tank) and keeping bedding clean is really important.

Fleas typically carry B. Henselae (Cat Scratch Fever) for domestic pet fleas and Y. Pestis (plague) for wild animal fleas. As someone whose immune system just sucks (my antibodies are mutinous and don't do their jobs), I can definitely attest to the former. One of my cats scratched me while I was sleeping not long ago and by the time I woke, it had the dark red streaking of infection. It was a real "whoa!" moment as I've been scratched many a time with no infection (even if I didn't treat it). Only time that had ever happened previously was while I was on a mild chemo so that was a bit of a shocker as I'm not currently on chemo. Make sure you clean any and all cat scratches or bites. The buggers in my area are definitely carrying it. Cat Scratch Fever, thankfully, is not typically fatal. However, if the fleas that live on domestic animals are booming, then other flea populations are probably booming as well including the ones that live on rodents and may carry Y. Pestis. Cases of plague are still rare but if you have a cat who is a mouser, make sure that their mousing days are over.

The boom and drift of insect populations is largely due to shifting weather patterns and warmer winters. Insects thrive in warmer temperatures. There's been a few articles on genetically modified mosquitoes on ATS. Well, this is why they are doing it especially as bat populations are dwindling. They are trying to eradicate the buggers before malaria starts rearing its ugly head in the US. While I don't think it's particularly bright to deliberately try to make a species extinct, I still get why.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Hi WhiteAlice - thanks for all your great posts. ...I am wondering why you are more concerned about bats as a vector for malaria than for rabies. Rabies does seem to be evolving and as I recall, some rabies strains are airborne.

Take care, sofi

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This may seem a dumb question....it is certainly an uneducated question.

Do these dangerous strains tend to be abdominal or respiratory?
It's probably wise to have herbal remedies for both...but which tend to be more virulent? Which more deadly?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

My concern about bats is less as a vector (most don't bite humans) but more as a population controller. The role of the bat within an ecosystem is as a nocturnal predator on insects and millions of bats have died at this point. Considering that warmer climates are causing population booms, that means more of the insects and a loss of a predator. It doesn't make for a balanced equation.

reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Iirc, dysentery (an amoeba) was and is one of the biggest killers out there and it is purely abdominal. However, that's globally. Our sewer and water systems here actually shield us from dysentery whereas when I went to the USSR back in the late 80's, I couldn't even brush my teeth with the water because of the risk of dysentery (they dumped their sewage directly into their drinking water supply--so gross!).

However, the Spanish Flu and other pandemics have been respiratory. Whereas you can control drinking crappy water (literally), airborne stuff is a lot harder to control. That's the probably the biggest reason why they get more (excuse the pun) airtime. However, the Bubonic Plague is just basically all body destroying but two features are coughing and vomiting blood (bubonic can sometimes become pneumonic plague, which is extremely fatal). It's not even cut and dry on the plagues. Ebola is abdominal but can also produce coughing.

I guess the best way to put it is that the big baddies, outside of dysentery, tend to hit a multitude of key areas and can't really be distinguished as being either respiratory or abdominal. Some do both, others nail blood, immune systems and they are all nasty. I don't know if that helped or made the confusion worse, lol.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Not dumb. The answer is ...the dangerous flu strains tend to affect BOTH the respiratory and digestive systems. Besides generating a "cytokine storm" centered in the lungs, they infect and replicate in the gut.

Avian Influenza A(H5N1) Viruses Can Directly Infect and Replicate in Human Gut Tissues

The human respiratory tract is a major site of avian influenza A(H5N1) infection. However, many humans infected with H5N1 present with gastrointestinal tract symptoms ... H5N1 can directly target human gut tissues.

...H7N9 ...replicates in the respiratory and digestive tracts ....

The H1N1 swine Flu virus has differentiated itself from the seasonal flu not only in its speed of migration around the world, but also in the development of gut related events.

...novel influenza A (H1N1) 2009 virus could be harboured in the digestive tract or a systemic inflammatory response could affect the circulatory system and/or the central nervous system, generating nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea.

The Gut is the primary site of innate immune cells and will on a typical day process more immunological information than the rest of the body does in a lifetime.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

Those two things have literally nothing in common. Latching on the word "enzyme" to draw comparisons is like latching on to the word "the"

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Fleas already brought the big death once.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Interesting. Earlier reports from Replikins indicated H5N1 was next in line to go pandemic - the latest news says they're hedging their bets with vaccines for H7N9 too. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

...Replikins has a track record of successfully predicting potential viruses, including the prediction of the H1N1 pandemic of 2009 and the outbreak of H5N1 in Indonesia between 2006 and 2008. The company is currently preparing vaccine candidates against the influenza strains H7N9 and H5N1...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join