It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: CIA has anti Bush purge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Welcome to the new America, Bush is starting to flex the power that he said he had gained through the last election. Reports indicate the Porter Goss, new CIA director, has been ordered by the White House to purge his agency of "soft leakers and liberal Democrats." This is straight out of Soviet Russia, all that is missing are the gulags....

www.newsday.com
CIA plans to purge its agency.
Sources say White House has ordered new chief to eliminate officers who were disloyal to Bush.

WASHINGTON -- The White House has ordered the new CIA director, Porter Goss, to purge the agency of officers believed to have been disloyal to President George W. Bush or of leaking damaging information to the media about the conduct of the Iraq war and the hunt for Osama bin Laden, according to knowledgeable sources.

"The agency is being purged on instructions from the White House," said a former senior CIA official who maintains close ties to both the agency and to the White House. "Goss was given instructions ... to get rid of those soft leakers and liberal Democrats. The CIA is looked on by the White House as a hotbed of liberals and people who have been obstructing the president's agenda.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

So now we don't get ANY truth from the intellignece services in America. All we have now are "yes" men, regurgitating the party line in fear of losing their jobs.

The end of impartiality, is the end of democracy and an open society.

[edit on 11-14-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   
This is wrong on SO many levels.

As if we felt we could trust the information they fed us before, now we are dealing with an agency who's members will be afraid to speak up when something questionable is being done. This is scary.
This country is edging more and more towards something other than a democracy. Where will it end?

BG

edit-sp

[edit on 14-11-2004 by beergoggles]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Well we all saw this coming. Vote for Bush and you might not have the right to vote in the next election. Exciting stuff. We've not an Intelligence Czar on the way, let's see what else in in route. Freedom of speech and right to assemble could verry well be next on the civil liberties asassination list.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   
If this is true then Bush will be assassinated. Sorry but he won't get away with it.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This is such BS! Bush is such a sneaky Bastard! First he acts dumb about the warnings HE got while HE was President about Bin Laden before 9/11. Then HE makes up some Phony Crap about the CIA telling him what a Dangerous Threat Iraq was to
National Security because HE WANTED to go to WAR with them (can you say BOUGHT Servant of OIL CORPORATIONS). The CIA was telling him that they were NOT such a Big Threat. They were telling him that IRAN was a Bigger threat. Then he threw a Temper Tantrum. Bush Jr. ALWAYS gets what he wants - don't you know? Now he has the Ballz to try & Purge the CIA (not even he knows who they are really) of
So-Called "Liberal Democrats" (this is an example of the Idiotic
2-Dimentional Thinking that our Politicians display).

Hey 59 Million Americans who Voted for Bush again - do you realize what you have done to our "Home Land"?

Hail Hitler - er um... I mean Hail Emperor Caesar President Bush!!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I am starting to believe this is also bs, like some other stories that have come up recently and are bs.... There is no way to track down "the sources" of this story.... no way to find out if this is true. Unless we can corroborate this I take this report with a grain of salt.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ycon
If this is true then Bush will be assassinated. Sorry but he won't get away with it.

Ycon, please. There are alternatives to assassination (and civil war):

There are three other alternatives besides civil war for effecting change.

1. Sacrifice--Ghandian tactics. When Christians and Sikhs and Muslims lay down their lives in peaceful protests, the whole world and history and media NOTICE. This is how the Vietnam War was brought to an end. This, likewise is HOW the Soviet Union came down--like mushrooms in the grass. It collapsed because people saw what a sick sick methodology was in use.

2. Legal Remedies. In fact, there are several class-action suits against Bush for crimes against humanity and crimes against the Constitution. Who knows? Maybe they will work out for Justice.

3. Repudiation and humiliation of "middle levels" of "Gummint." If and when the Secret Service and FBI are finally "up to here" with oppression, lies, deceit and games that are being played upon the working and electing populace, it is possible they [and our Military leaders also] will--PROFESSIONALLY--revolt and provide the means [exposing truth and prosecuting Justice themselves] for the return of this nation to a Constitutional Republic--as it was designed to be and as we have all been taught since infancy that it is or was.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

oops. Did bold instead of quote. Fixed it.

[edit on 14-11-2004 by soficrow]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
And no other president, Republican or Democrat, has ever done this or something like this--purging "employees" who strongly disagree with them & make it harder for their policies to be implemented?

Don't get me wrong, I definitely think such actions are "not cool" -- but before I completely bash Bush I need some proof that Democratic presidents have never done something similar. And I don't think you'll find that proof. Because...

...as much as this is horrible to say, governments are run like corporations, not like democracies. In the business world, things like "purgings" happen all the time. All the time. In ways much more grotesque & obvious than this.

And leaders who consistently tolerate subordination are perceived as "weak." Leaders who do not do things like purges are considered weak.

The real problem is the system itself, not a particular President. Bush is just performing the role he was hired for.

Of course, I find it an interesting possibility that a rift is forming between Bush and the larger "Powers That Be" (if you believe in such things). As much as he is considered the head & voice of that evil, all-knowing "Powers That Be" -- I don't think he really is. And I think with moves like this he is making some very formidable enemies...

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Yeah this purge thing sounds so rank and file totalitarian, but never mind, the problem is wanting to hear your own opinion again, while closing off reality. When you have nothing but "yes men," whose prime task is foreclosing on what is real, within what was once an "intelligence agency," you are flying blind without instruments.

You see Bush wants the former "authority," of the CIA, without facing the reality and knowledge that gave gravitas to it. Oh yes if there is a motto for the CIA it is this: "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
--inscription in foyer of CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia.

In this case, Bush is the source of truth, not many agents looking at the world from every perspective, yes, including "liberal."

So all this "putting sand in your own eyes," looks terrific, now you can report the "truth," that Bush already told you to report, and if he says a flaming house is not on fire, then forget it.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   

People....
Porter Goss was not hired to maintain the status quo, k?
The Intelligence Services are not immune from this, nor is anyone irreplaceable.
The end of Democracy and open society? Doubtful, though this may be an interpretation, but we must also consider that the government functions as say a super-large coorporation does? Inter-department purgings are normal and to some degree, required.

Methinks that Mr. Goss is simply doing his job, a job that has been done in the past and not necessarily undertakne by a Republican president. Interesting how this thread has gone into the realm of "it's Bush's fault, again....."

seekerof

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Ycon - people who want war are never assassinated. Only people who want peace and/or justice are. Look at Abraham Lincoln, Mahatma Gandhi, John Lennon, Anwar al-Sadat, Itzhak Rabin...

One for whose life I fear is Michael Moore.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ycon

Please be careful what you say on the Internet. Someone could take that as a direct threat to Bush, and even to me that sounds a big ambiguous, though I think you mean that some radical left-wing nut may decide to take matters into his/her own hands.

I'm a Christian and as such I just try to leave matters in God's hands. This is the hand we're dealt here, and we have to deal with it in the right way, and that excludes assassination or revolt.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I just dont see what ya'll are complaining about. Hell, as far as i remember, every one of you has said that you HATED the cia, calling them evil and such. And now you're upset that someones finally cleaning up that dirty house huh? May i remind you that they've done a terrible job lately! Intelligence? REALLY bad. Look at all the failures on their hands.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentMulder320
I just dont see what ya'll are complaining about. Hell, as far as i remember, every one of you has said that you HATED the cia, calling them evil and such. And now you're upset that someones finally cleaning up that dirty house huh? May i remind you that they've done a terrible job lately! Intelligence? REALLY bad. Look at all the failures on their hands.

I just dont see what ya'll are complaining about. Heavens, as far as i remember, every one of you has said that you loved cia, calling them peace keepers. And now you're upset that someones finally dirtying a clean house huh? May i remind you that they've done a terrible job lately because they obey whatever Bush wants to hear? Intelligence? REALLY bad. Look at all the failures on their hands from obeying Lord Bush. Now he wants everyone to obey whatever he says totally regardless of what is in front of everyone's own eyes, and you object?

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
All I hope is that some of the members been taken out get their hands on some juicy documents and start downloading then in the internet.

That will be the best conspiracy ever.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I think its just downright sad that you have some CIA agents simply leaving over such a little thing. You know what that says when someone leaves the agency during these times of terrorism? : That you dont give a damn about the country anymore. If they were truly devoted, they'd stay and do their best to DO THEIR JOB. Quitting, isnt helping protect the country. Well fine, have em leave, dont need their sorry asses. Might as well go find some devoted people to fill in these jobs.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Knowing the Langley and Mclean Virginia area quite well,
I would say that this could be a
bargain hunters dream come true! :-)

Between this and 700 layoffs at nearby AOL HQ in Sterling Virginia,
you might just be able to get that millon dollar home at a considerable savings.

I can't help but wonder if this may also be due to the fact that in opposition
to the norm, Virginia turned DEEP PURPLE for the 2004 election.

If you were paying attention to the Virgina results, you would have noticed
a looooooong delay where the media was calling this state too close to call,
then suddenly the scales tilted for some reason

[edit on 14-11-2004 by FallenFromTheTree]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This is definiately unconstitutional. What is happening is exactly identical to when Richard Nixon created his "Enemies list", I feel this should be portrayed to the public. NOW it's REALLY IRONIC that the Bush supporters vote for him because of morale issues.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The best people are leaving the CIA in disgust. They can't do their jobs due to 'political correctness' and to leaders at the top that are clueless spineless political appointees rather than experienced field agents.

Blaming the CIA for 9/11 and Iraq is ludicrous - the blamers should look in the mirror to find the cause rather than look for scapegoats. It is like the puppeteer blaming the puppets.

Top notch CIA agents are trying to tell the leadership we are going to get nuked and why. Does this change our foreign policy? Does this fix the CIA? Is anyone listening?

Bush's 'answer' is to fill the CIA with 'yes' men. God save us all!

Read these books by former CIA agents if you want to know the rest of the story.

"Imperial Hubris: Why the West is Losing the War on Terror" by Anonymous (a.k.a. Mike Scheuer)

�See No Evil: The True Story of a Ground Soldier in the CIA's War on Terrorism� by Robert Baer

�Sleeping With the Devil: How Washington Sold Our Soul for Saudi Crude� by Robert Baer

Also, in spite of the fact that this was published by the government, this is a well written book:
�The 9/11 Commission Report: Final Report of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States� by National Commission on Terrorist Attacks.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Let's see... we have people leaking classified information to the press with the expressed intention of undermining U.S. policy and the supposedly unintended consequence of possibly getting people killed.

We have an agency that has been publicly admonished by Congress for repeated failures to properly perform its job, and making the U.S. an international laughingstock.

We have an agency with demonstrable and fundamental management problems, with senior members refusing to do the jobs they were hired for and refusing to carry out their orders.

We're talking about an agency whose failures can be measured directly in human lives lost.

So the President decides that this has gone on long enough and that those who are unwilling to do their jobs need to be replaced. And, of course, he is criticized by the usual suspects for doing so.

You know what? When all you do is complain, eventually no one will listen to you.

Those being drummed out of the CIA for malfeasance have made their beds, now they can go sleep in them. People willing to get the job done will be replacing these washouts.

My primary complaint in this case is that the President didn't do this about four years ago. But he gave them a chance -- it's not his fault certain people blew it and let everyone in America down in the process.

Good riddance.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join