It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Price of Chocolate Set to Double

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

TPTB own most of the stock of all those companies.

Obviously they have ordered the 'shortages' to create a false need and panic situation !!

They are desperate for sweeter profit margins.

TPTB also own the artificial sweetener brand names.

Just think about the children !!

Just think about fluoride !!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

xuenchen

TPTB own most of the stock of all those companies.

Obviously they have ordered the 'shortages' to create a false need and panic situation !!

They are desperate for sweeter profit margins.

TPTB also own the artificial sweetener brand names.

This doesn't look like your post!

Obama own most of the stock of all those companies.
Obviously Obama has ordered the 'shortages' to create a false need and panic situation !!
Obama is desperate for sweeter profit margins.
Obama also own the artificial sweetener brand names.

better!

edit on 9/23/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The only reason chocolate is cheap anyway is because of the children in very poor countries who are worked to death to harvest the coco beans in the first place. All your chocolate prices are subsidized by the blood of dying children.

The entire industry is a disgrace, fueled by the consumer!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
There is no such thing as "Chocolate" in the US...this is the major illusion here

(Exception: The imported ones of course)

Believe me, I know. I do not know WHAT Hershey etc. produces, but I can mail you a €0.55 piece of REAL chocolate here from Europe and you will realize the illusion and the scale of the conspiracy right away

In the same way, I want to enlighten you guys there is no such thing as "beer" made in the US, but I fear the brainwashing has advanced to such an extent that you guys seriously believe you have "chocolate" and "beer" while the companies making those fake items laugh all the way to the bank

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

I totally agree every time i visit my friends in America they insist i bring over half a bag full of Cadbury's Flake's

edit on 23-9-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
As more second and third world economies wake up to the same kind of greed evinced in the US, more commodities, like cacao and its byproducts, will skyrocket in price.

Coffee and tea have been steadily rising as those areas of the world realize exactly what their products are worth.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

NoRulesAllowed
There is no such thing as "Chocolate" in the US...this is the major illusion here

(Exception: The imported ones of course)

Believe me, I know. I do not know WHAT Hershey etc. produces, but I can mail you a €0.55 piece of REAL chocolate here from Europe and you will realize the illusion and the scale of the conspiracy right away

In the same way, I want to enlighten you guys there is no such thing as "beer" made in the US, but I fear the brainwashing has advanced to such an extent that you guys seriously believe you have "chocolate" and "beer" while the companies making those fake items laugh all the way to the bank

Multiple stars for this observation with a couple of exceptions. Our craft brewers are first class and small chocolatiers are doing a great job with craft chocolate.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Restricted
As more second and third world economies wake up to the same kind of greed evinced in the US, more commodities, like cacao and its byproducts, will skyrocket in price.

Um ... this isn't a 'big bad America' thread ... it's not because of greed in the USA that the prices are going up. Supposedly, it's because of massive purchasing by consumers in ASIA.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Restricted

Um ... this isn't a 'big bad America' thread ... it's not because of greed in the USA that the prices are going up. Supposedly, it's because of massive purchasing by consumers in ASIA.

There's more to it than that. I used to work in the industry. The little guys are waking up to how the world, and the US in particular, bones them.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I do not eat chocolate, or for that matter crisps, or drink fizz drinks.. so I care not about their made up shortage, it is probably more true that they are getting the so called cocoa butter or whatever it is for less than they were paying, so prob less than 4000, that gives them a great opportunity to swing the axe the other direction, and say "hey everyone guess what, bad news, the butter is now costing a whole lot more so we gotta rip you off even more than we are doing already" they stand to make a huge profit margin, if what I assume here is true...... don't be a sheep and kick a sheperd up the ass...... it's your'e only hope.. either that or give away all your money to the chocolate highwaymen....

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Well I found some more information after digging a bit, it seems that the warnings of a coming chocolate shortage is been going on since 2010, when the first news came about telling how chocolate will be so costly in 20 years that it will be off the reach of the common citizen.

The Coming Chocolate Shortage

By JacobSloan on November 29, 2010 in News

disinfo.com...

Then in 2012 it was another warning of shortage, now with all this warnings since 2010 it seem either a way to increase prices or it could be that the situation is real.

Now, did anybody knew that most of the chocolate productions comes from Africa ivory coast and that child slaves are the ones been worked to death in this farms?

I had not clue that this was true, I always believe that chocolate was from south America.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

marg6043
I always believe that chocolate was from south America.

I thought it was like the coffee .... from both South America and Africa ... regions like that.
What I found interesting was the amount of waste of cocoa beans via insects and mold.
What a waste.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Halloween will likely not be affected by significant price increases

Major sweet makers contacted by Reuters declined to comment on whether the butter price hike would lead them to raise the retail price for their chocolate bars, although Nestle said any increase in price is always the last resort.

Anyone who hands out gourmet chocolate to the kiddies will have to pay a premium.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This price increase has been expected for a long time. I say it's time to bake and make your own stuff or just cut it out of one's diet. I will take the second option.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Didn't these guys all pay fines recently for conspiring to fix the price of candy bars?
The consumer gets to pay the price for their misdoings.
They might as well be in politics.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

That is bad news, I guess because Chocolate originated from South America where it was only the drinks of the Gods and then it was introduced in Africa by the major chocolate businesses as the production in Africa is cheap due to child slavery.

But perhaps the reason that it is soo much trouble with chocolate is because in Africa the production have many problems.

This article paints a different view of what is call cacao overproduction and not shortages

Although the cacao bean originated in South America when it was introduced to Africa the cacoa bean found the climate extremely conducive to its growth. The end result being that Africa now produces 80% of the world's cocoa bean production, the Ivory Coast alone producing 46% of this production.The overproduction has led to the cacao bean producers getting the cheapest labour they possibly could. As a result the wages of the cocoa bean workers are in general pathetically low -

Now can this be just a way for the corrupted manufacturers of cacao to get away with changing the amount of real chocolate while claiming shortages but still selling higher for an inferior product?

Read this.

There exists world overproduction of cacao beans, one of the reasons is that the major chocolate manufacturers have succeeded in putting other vegetable oils in your chocolate and some of them have as high as 50% vegetable fats causing the chocolate not to really be chocolate and contributing to the overproduction of the bean, because of the lower offtake.Major chocolate manufacturers are lobbying to increase the percentage of vegetable fats, and still be able to call the result chocolate, something they can't do at present. If they have too high a percentage of vegetable, fats the manufacturer may not call the end result chocolate

Behind all the so call shortages of anything is always a hidden agenda

The Story of Chocolate in Africa

www.africhef.com...

edit on 23-9-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by YarlanZey

Oh how I love chocolate.

I agree about the jaffa cakes and wagon wheels, they use to be much bigger. Same with Walkers crisps, those buggers use to be nice and thick, now their so thin you can see through them.

I now want chocolate after all this talk about it, where's those After Eights. Yum Yum.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by restless genius

I agree about the jaffa cakes and wagon wheels, they use to be much bigger.

Maybe it just seemed they were bigger because when you were younger your hands were smaller? I remember years ago having this discussion with someone in secondary school that swore chocolate bars had gotten smaller since he was in primary school. lol

edit on 23-9-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Good...Chocolate is the Devils Dangleberries....evil stuff.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Maxatoria
On behalf of every male in the world all i can say is "oh feck"...chocolate is the easiest way of placating a PMT suffering woman, might be worth stockpiling it by the hundredweight

Wait, you're a guy? Arrgh!, that totally awesome avatar completely faked me out. That's cruel.

As far as chocolate is concerned... no worry's just leave me my snickers bars. $5 each? OK I'll pay.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join