It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before I Go...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The tears in your eyes and grip of your hand are comforting, but they will not alter my fate. The powerful thoughts and prayers that occupy your mind are better saved for someone else. Just as my life energy dissipates, new life will enter the world and establish its own identity. The cycle will continue indefinitely until every last soul has reunited with the Source. Until that time arrives, our temporary incarnations in this world will be recalled only by the living. But it is the powerful will of the living that determine how we will be remembered. And those memories will form the basis of our history and heritage.

I regret that I will not be able to see you and the young one grow up and experience all the joys and lessons that life has to offer. To see life from that perspective is one only few get to experience and it was just not my turn. But don't despair; I am certain we will get the chance to rekindle the magic that we experienced together while I was alive. I will be able to inject myself with the youthful exuberance I have craved for many years, and you can choose your own prime period of your life to revisit. Our final destination will differ greatly from our current reality.

My Soul is on its way...

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Nice poem, where is it from?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

I actually wrote it about 30 minutes ago and probably submitted it prematurely. I was not sure if it was "poem worthy" or not, but I'm glad you enjoyed reading it.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
For many years now I have been thinking why there has been and still is such evil in this world. Could it be that the people that are born with souls carry in them the need for good, and the people who are born without tend for evil.
Perhaps there is just a set amount of souls and as our population grows so less and less people are born with souls ? I dont know but your poem brought this idea back to me, keep writing your words do have effect

and the effect seems to be good.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

edit on 23-9-2013 by imod02 because: sent the post twice

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

It's very touching. Ty for it.
edit on 23-9-2013 by ChuckNasty because: F'n autocorrect

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Not a poem. Creative writing. Very nice piece. I hope you show us more of your work sometime.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Beautifully written, and very touching.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Nice OP.

imod02
For many years now I have been thinking why there has been and still is such evil in this world. Could it be that the people that are born with souls carry in them the need for good, and the people who are born without tend for evil.

Some people are made to believe in a soul or choose to, they have the immaterial image of a place which is heavenly. Those without are like programmed robot nomads who want houses like that without the effort.

Those with a soul can't fight anyone, they are good and peaceful, anyone can enter their house since they would not be good if they would let the homeless wander outside of heaven or force people out against their free will once they are there.

Perhaps there is just a set amount of souls and as our population grows so less and less people are born with souls ?

There are just more people born into families who believe in science, chemical processes and short term gains and those who are born into families who have faith and see the importance of the spiritual factor or afterlife and of truth and the purpose of tests to see if one is fit to live in heaven among other peaceful beings.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

Thank you for interesting text, i forgot to say when i say soul i do not mean it in the scene of religion, more in a way that nature works. I do believe this small world of ours is alive and has awareness of which we are part. Everything that has lived is made of something that has been before. I dont believe in religion and i feel that many times science behaves like a religion wanting in its self to be god. What you wrote in your OP was wonderful. So I leave you with small idea, do we say with our last breath "goodbye" or do we say "see you later" is something we all will find out in time.

top topics

join