It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Connecting Consciously, Where to begin?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
As of recently I have became a lot more aware to the spiritual side and become more conscious, so with so much fact it is hard to turn an eye to it all. So I began a little bit of research into the topic as a whole and breaking down into little bits where I found needed, etc.

Australian tap water, our tap water contains fluoride, which is done to reduce the function of the pineal gland. People think I am loopy for believing this but with so much evidence its hard to see past the fact. But really how much effect does this have on it and am I really bad off drinking tap water?

Are there certain foods I should eat, or things I should do(not on the lines of meditation) to also become more conscious? Daily activities that are good?

I have been listening to The Power Of Now, by Eckhart Tolle, and another guided meditation track, I personally do have trouble fully focusing, also to mention I just found out my father has cancer, then 3 days late that my grandmother has leukemia in far stages, so this might be why its hard to fully focus.

I will thank anyone now who leaves me some information!

Thank you guys!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by kangajack

I read we need to avoid calcium and fluoride for pineal gland. Something like raw apple vinegar helps.
But this i'm not sure.

I'm sure food has nothing to do with the concentration.
Because when we worry about the food, it is actually the mind that worries/fears (Mind traps),
It's okay if the minds are noisy, u just need to be You and observe the mind. Don't get identified with it.

Another thing I found is: Listening to New Age Music like Enigma actually helps to remove the worriness. Most of their music will vibrate the energy field inside the bodies.

Another trick that works for me is repeating a short prayer or mantra (one liner, short, not more than 15 words) for 1 hour, try to 'connect to' the present moment while doing this prayer.
This will also keep you at state of peace.

I'm sure others have better approaches that what I suggests here

edit on 23-9-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by dodol

Thanks, yeah I know that food doesn't effect it directly, but I read that everything you put in your body makes a difference to the way it will operate, so I assumed same as the mind.

Thanks I will try that, and by prayer you aren't actually reciting a bible prayer are you?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

dodol

I read we need to avoid calcium and fluoride for pineal gland. Something like raw apple vinegar helps.
But this i'm not sure.

Because when we worry about the food, it is actually the mind that worries/fears (Mind traps),
It's okay if the minds are noisy, u just need to be You and observe the mind. Don't get identified with it.

Another thing I found is: Listening to New Age Music like Enigma actually helps to remove the worriness. Most of their music will vibrate the energy field inside the bodies.

Another trick that works for me is repeating a short prayer or mantra (one liner, short, not more than 15 words) for 1 hour, try to 'connect to' the present moment while doing this prayer.

this has been something that has interested me for a few years now ive tried meditation but cant for the hell of me clear my mind i fight stress nearly every day and im slowly beginning to conquer that how do you connect to the present moment because as your thinking of the present moment it has passed already thats something that confuses me

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Have a pop on the ats search.
Look for 'how to decalcify the pineal gland'.
I found some great informative threads when I first started researching it here.
Good luck.

edit on 23/9/2013 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

kangajack
reply to post by dodol

Thanks, yeah I know that food doesn't effect it directly, but I read that everything you put in your body makes a difference to the way it will operate, so I assumed same as the mind.

Thanks I will try that, and by prayer you aren't actually reciting a bible prayer are you?

No worries.

any prayer will do. any favorite deity. the prayer must be non worldly/materialisic (thinking about lovers, asking about cars etc)
for example:
If you're Christian, you can use Jesus Prayer or just say,
Lord Jesus protect me from evil (in this case its mind)
Lord Jesus show me the way to be one with You, etc etc
any mantra/prayer is as good as another.

make sure your intention for freedom is pure. make sure you want it. but dont convert your intention/desire into imagination or thoughts or delusions.

i find its best when directly targeted to centre, where you feel beingness. usually at around centre of chest. but dont treat the center as part of body but as You. you must be You. Being You.

the teachings from Nisagardatta at this link will help:
thenisargadattasadhana.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

zedy63

dodol

But this i'm not sure.

this has been something that has interested me for a few years now ive tried meditation but cant for the hell of me clear my mind i fight stress nearly every day and im slowly beginning to conquer that how do you connect to the present moment because as your thinking of the present moment it has passed already thats something that confuses me

as long as you are You. you are doing great brother

time doesnt matter anymore whether its fast or slow
even location doesnt matter anymore.
Only You being You the only thing matters

The one who is stressed is not You. Ego is.
Dont get identified with it. Just observe the stressed guy (robot)
Observe robot of its every action, speech, inner speech (including you command the robot to talk to other robots), feeling (fear, desire, greed, etc)

another way of stopping Robot from judging other robots with its crazy thoughts is to treat everyone around You as God/Jesus/Buddha/etc or as You.
link below will help
iamuniversity.org...

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

dodol

zedy63

dodol

But this i'm not sure.

Observe robot of its every action, speech, inner speech (including you command the robot to talk to other robots), feeling (fear, desire, greed, etc)

another way of stopping Robot from judging other robots with its crazy thoughts is to treat everyone around You as God/Jesus/Buddha/etc or as You.
link below will help
iamuniversity.org...

Thank You for the info and the link much appreciated

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

zedy63

dodol

zedy63

dodol

But this i'm not sure.

link below will help
iamuniversity.org...

Thank You for the info and the link much appreciated

no worries

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This doesn't always happen to me, as much of the time i get caught in the undertow of the world. So I don't know yet how effective common practice would be.

I suppose it's more of a thought exercise that anything else. Like being aware at all times of what the bodyself is doing without becoming too detached. Sorry I can't explain any better right now, but it's like experiencing the sensation that you're actually in a computer game, controlling your avatar with your mind. Just like the brain controls the movement of limbs, only the brains under the control of the higher mind. Like now, I look at my hands typing the will of my mind and i'm like, wow, those are my avatar hands, I can do all sorts of magical # with those digits (sewing, cooking, writing) - but maybe I just smoked too much ganj when I was younger and play too many computer games, i dunno.

Just thought i'd mention it since you say your looking for something day to day. So maybe it's worth a shot, like just observing yourself as you do something like the washing up, feeling your mind reach for a dish and immerse in warm soapy water. But relaxed like, not forced. Suppose it's rather gestaltish, or the tao of nowish.

Also, I'll often practice seeing with my third eye (aswell as the other two), or staring at the space between stuff (like literally staring into thin air). Or listening with my 'third ear' and hearing music in the world.

Anyway, I do find i'm much more spiritually attuned during these times. I 'see' alot more activity (real, ethereal, surreal, metareal...) and my intuitiveness increases. No doubt someone out their will have some description that this is mere detachment and early onset psychosis or something

Good luck on your quest all the same.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I dont know a whole lot of the pineal gland, third eye or spiritual side of things. I like reading about it, but I am nowhere near an expert.

I will say this however. Here in Denmark flouride is not used in our tap water and it never has been for the duration of my life. The reason being we take our water, not from oceans or lakes, but from deep underground. Our water is aired and then filtered through sand filters to remove natural metals and such.
So as I said, no flouride in our tap water and mate.. My third eye aint open, my pineal gland is probably in the exact same state as yours. So we can rule out the flouride in tap water thing.

In fact, if I were to be worried over flouride, it would be because of it being in the toothpaste. HOWEVER, this was quickly laid to rest when I ressearched the difference between Flour and Flouride. I have no worries about that. To add to it, I have an Aunt and uncle who for the large majority of their life, have used a toothpaste without flouride in it. (some ecological/organic toothpaste. It does not even foam! I cant stand using it!
) And once again mate... They are nowhere near being spiritual or acting any different than you and I.

now IF our pineal gland truely is the seat of the soul, linked to our third eye or anything in that area of spirituality. And IF something truely is holding back our pineal gland from being active, I am 110% confident that flouride has nothing to do with that.

I would think negativity and the lack of unity, love and care for each other is a much more viable reason for our pineal gland being inactive, if it indeed is.

Last piece of advice that I have found to ring most true to me, concerning this. Vibrations and frequencies. So IF anything is able to activate our pineal gland (IF that is even possible) I believe the best option is to ressearch vibrations and frequencies linked to the pineal gland.

edit on 23-9-2013 by needlenight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Well some people who move into this don't see food as energy anymore, at least not the same energy as what sustains consciousness and power. But I would recommend non acidic foods, stay away from anything acidic, eat alkaline forming foods, potassium, protein, vitamins.

ALKALIZING VEGETABLES
Alfalfa
Barley Grass
Beet Greens
Beets
Broccoli
Cabbage
Carrot
Cauliflower
Celery
Chard Greens
Chlorella
Collard Greens
Cucumber
Dandelions
Dulce
Edible Flowers
Eggplant
Fermented Veggies
Garlic
Green Beans
Green Peas
Kale
Kohlrabi
Lettuce
Mushrooms
Mustard Greens
Nightshade Veggies
Onions
Parsnips (high glycemic)
Peas
Peppers
Pumpkin
Radishes
Rutabaga
Sea Veggies
Spinach, green
Spirulina
Sprouts
Sweet Potatoes
Tomatoes
Watercress
Wheat Grass
Wild Greens

ALKALIZING FRUITS
Apple
Apricot
Avocado
Banana (high glycemic)
Berries
Blackberries
Cantaloupe
Cherries, sour
Coconut, fresh
Currants
Dates, dried
Figs, dried
Grapes
Grapefruit
Honeydew Melon
Lemon
Lime
Muskmelons
Nectarine
Orange
Peach
Pear
Pineapple
Raisins
Raspberries
Rhubarb
Strawberries
Tangerine
Tomato
Tropical Fruits
Umeboshi Plums
Watermelon

ALKALIZING PROTEIN
Almonds
Chestnuts
Millet
Tempeh (fermented)
Tofu (fermented)
Whey Protein Powder

Now in spirit I believe we are all one, so when someone says that I am not one with them and they pull away from me, perhaps stealing form me or not giving to me when I'm in need. I am still trying to find a way to connect with them.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

thanks everyone for there inside on this!

really am going to start trying a lot more and thinking about the present!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

kangajack
reply to post by greyer

thanks everyone for there inside on this!

really am going to start trying a lot more and thinking about the present!

do not thinking of present. only aware

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dodol

right thank you this little piece of information helped a lot and does really answer itself!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Gday Jack,

As a fellow Aussie, I'm sure you'll understand.

its called committed to the cause lol. : )

Remember no matter how chaotic or crappy the situation at hand is ..
Anchor your self to this moment via your breathing.

PS: I sent you a ATS mail to Btw.

Muzz
edit on 25/9/2013 by Ormuz because: wha?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
How can we discuss consciousness when we don't have a working theory for what it is? We have a great deal of evidence (do we?) but without a theory, we're SOL.

Is it mind=brain=consciousness or is consciousness to be modeled as part of the etheric? Or is it part of memory and part of the brain?

Confused? I am!

Arouet

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

dodol
do not thinking of present. only aware

Do not be picky on words and give bad advice.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Arouet
How can we discuss consciousness when we don't have a working theory for what it is? We have a great deal of evidence (do we?) but without a theory, we're SOL.

Is it mind=brain=consciousness or is consciousness to be modeled as part of the etheric? Or is it part of memory and part of the brain?

Confused? I am!

Arouet

Consciousness is not in the body. The body/mind is inside the consciousness.
Starts when we wake up (born) and ends when we sleep (die).
Your Consciousness includes everything you see, hear, sense, taste, smell, think, feel
You are not just the body/mind.
The body/mind are just tools for you to communicate with others.
When you shut your eyes and you can still perceive the entire body.
That's because the body is inside your consciousness.
But at the same time you are also aware that you're conscious!
That's because consciousness is also inside the awareness.
Consciousness gives us experience of the world we live.
The blind man experience from headless.org... will explain better.
edit on 25-9-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

dodol

Arouet

Confused? I am!

Arouet

Consciousness is not in the body. The body/mind is inside the consciousness.
Starts when we wake up (born) and ends when we sleep (die).
Your Consciousness includes everything you see, hear, sense, taste, smell, think, feel
You are not just the body/mind.
The body/mind are just tools for you to communicate with others.
When you shut your eyes and you can still perceive the entire body.
That's because the body is inside your consciousness.
But at the same time you are also aware that you're conscious!
That's because consciousness is also inside the awareness.
Consciousness gives us experience of the world we live.
The blind man experience from headless.org... will explain better.

Thanks, really did some help been sussing out The Headless Way a little bit and some very good reading there recommend it for anyone else too?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join