It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran deploys passive radar system

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Bedlam
reply to post by Tajlakz

LMAO. I did used to post too much crap. Which one was May?

This sucker: www.fark.com... ut-all-computer-chips-to-play-dominos-with-engineer#c50903132

But then again,"It sounds like someone is trying to come up with a way to produce a relativistic rotating Bose-Einstein condensate to shroud the ship in, in order to lend credence to their fantasy. If I was making something up for the tech part of a sci-fi novel, that might be where I'd start"..."The tech to put an entire ship in a relativistic Bose-Einstein condensate toroid is, well, beyond anything that could be done, I suspect."

Hmmm...what's a guy to believe?

eta: I shelved it for something I could actually turn in. Only I had so much work going on I had to drop the class. I'm going to retake it, by then I should have finished the second one. You'd like that one too, but it's more fictional. At least the McGuffin is, the surrounding bits are still accurate.

At least, AFAIK it's fictional. Let's say, it's an extrapolation of stuff I tried real hard not to be involved in at all. Right now I'm strapped for a clean ending. Looks like the protagonist bites it, or at least has to appear to have.
edit on 26-9-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

(nerd rage) Spoiler alert!!!
Hehe how bout this: Our squid protagonist wakes up in a daze...but we saw him die?...he tries to get up, but realizes he's strapped to...an operating table? Confused, he looks around, trying to get a sense of his surroundings. That's when he notices the shadow on the wall,"Ah shiat..." The five tentacles and four legs of the Meepzorgian were unmistakable. Our hero fears the worst...and loses all hope when he hears the familiar sound of his standard issue anal-probe powering up. Fin.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Tajlakz

rotating BEC

www.phys.ens.fr...

no warp drive yet. haven't seen any serious connection with gravity yet other than the usual mysterious stuff about Li Ning.

Aharonov-Bohm non-locality as a electromagnetic effect, not a quantum effect:
arxiv.org...

Tom, how does the Aharonov-Bohm effect influence inertia and gravitational stuff and not just EM-sensitive charges?

edit on 28-9-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-9-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

Well, the engineer reduced version is that they are getting some sort of very local negative energy state. Sort of like how you get minority carriers in semiconductors, only its 'holes' in the local ground state. That in hand, there is some trick that depends on space curvature and the universe rotating to be able to get a solution to the math. That is outside my paygrade.

eta: fwiw though, the explanation only has to be sufficient for repair work...given the topic it could be intentionally oversimplified. What you get for a sigma 4 job sometimes differs in key details from a sigma 3 job, for instance.
edit on 28-9-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Just got around to reading those two papers, fascinating!

I can't wait to find out what happens when they spin the BEC fast enough that the number of vortices is predicted to come close to the number of atoms in the material...not holding my breath for any grav/inertial effects though

Regarding the A-B effect, do you understand Tom's response? What do local negative energy states have to do with the non-locality necessary to explain the phenomenon? This perplexion is what I deserve for being interested in the topic yet too lazy to get properly educated in the subject

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Tajlakz

I find when having conversations with Tom that my brain tends to make really loud whimpering noises a lot.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I feel that way about the non-linear effects guys. I tend to say Ooooook a lot. Sometimes I think if I hear "it obviously follows that..." one more time I will snap.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Lol same here...I think Tom is taking out his frustration with the eggheads on us

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Tajlakz

I had a really interesting conversation with him once that I'm pretty sure sprained something.

edit on 10/7/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Tajlakz

Just got around to reading those two papers, fascinating!

I can't wait to find out what happens when they spin the BEC fast enough that the number of vortices is predicted to come close to the number of atoms in the material...not holding my breath for any grav/inertial effects though

Regarding the A-B effect, do you understand Tom's response? What do local negative energy states have to do with the non-locality necessary to explain the phenomenon? This perplexion is what I deserve for being interested in the topic yet too lazy to get properly educated in the subject

Nope. I don't see the link from having an effect on charges to actual gravitation. A giant unexplained leap. We need the 'egghead' textbook.

"energy states" in what? Holes in semiconductors are electromagnetic. No interesting effect on gravitation.

Ning Li was actually proposing optimizing something in orthodox Einsteinian gravitation, frame-dragging from rotation. It's not controversial that spinning mass also has a gravitational effect ("gravitomagnetism") in analogy to the way that mass-energy itself has a gravitational effect with a 1/R^2 effect like Coulomb electrostatics. Frame-dragging is usually a really really really really really really tiny effect that was measured with extraordinary effort with Gravity Probe B from the rotation of the entire mass of the Earth.

In analogy with electromagnetism, that is spinning lots of charges very slowly. If you can spin masses extremely quickly then you can substitute speed for bulk. Her idea was that if somehow you could get nuclei or other massive particles into a single macroscopic coherent quantum state then their internal intrinsic spins would all line up instead of cancelling. The gravitational analog of ferromagnetism---in which electrons pair up and mutually interact making a coherent net macroscopic spin and because of how electrons roll, a magnetic field.

I still don't see how the numbers work out on that.

Or how A-B effect can increase the utterly tiny gravitational coupling.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Bedlam

I feel that way about the non-linear effects guys. I tend to say Ooooook a lot. Sometimes I think if I hear "it obviously follows that..." one more time I will snap.

75% of the time they say that when actually explaining the derivation is difficult and they don't want to get called on it on the spot. They know it too.
edit on 7-10-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I also love statements like "x can't change instantly" then they give you an equation with dt in it. "Don't you mean it can only change infinitesimally" "no" "Then how can it ever change at all?"

Meetings with me and the theory team end up with a lot of "But..." "We'll get back to that" which never comes.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
The implications that Iran has technology that can influence satellites is pretty serious, then again many other countries have this kind of technology... I have another thing to look up now. There's always new tech and there's always ways to counteract or cope with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join