It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haunted Neighborhoods and/or Families Who Live Far Apart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Hello everybody

I have read about haunted neighborhoods that have been built over former graveyards and burial grounds, but has anyone ever heard or experienced a haunted neighborhood that that does not apply to?

Also, does anyone know, or has anyone experienced a family being haunted where some members of the family live far apart from one another but experience the same paranormal phenomena?

I am just wondering if anyone has anything they could share.
edit on 23-9-2013 by seen2much because: I forgot to write "am" in the last line.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I spent the first five years of my life in a haunted neighborhood. It was three houses and a field in between two of them. Not exactly a whole neighborhood, but a section of it. It was absolutely terrible. I don't recommend that experience to anyone.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by seen2much

I know I'm going slightly off topic here, but I've got to ask.
How come graveyards are always so haunted?
I can kind of get my head round places where people have died and the ghost hanging round in a state of turmoil etc, But hardly anyone has ever died in a graveyard!
Why would the ghost hang around where it's old rotting remains are?
If that's the case, why do they haunt on the surface?
Why not under ground where their bones are?

Just pondering.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wrathofall

I live on a small block with about 9 or 10 houses. Neighbors in about five or six of those houses have told me about creepy things that happen in their homes.

I was bored one night so I decided to do a little background check of my area, so to speak. Four blocks away from my house to the north, right where the Dollar Tree is, used to be an Indian burial ground of the Eriez Indians or the Cat People as they were called. Five blocks west from the dollar tree is 'part' of an old cemetery with tombstones dating back to the 18th century. The creepy thing is that it isn't the whole cemetery. The trailer park across the street is on top of what used to be the rest of the cemetery. I've heard lots of creepy stories from friends that lived in those trailers.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOutcast

Maybe some spirits don't part with their bodies. IDK. Good question though, i've often thought of it myself.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I have mentioned in other post about seeing a dark figure in the house we use to live in. My daughter who was 7 at the time seen it multiple times while we lived there. I lived in that same neighborhood when I was 9. As a kid, we all said there was a black man that would come out of the woods and take kids at night. Thinking back on it, maybe the dark figure we seen was the black man. I thought as a kid they were talking about an african american but it was probablly actually what i seen as an adult???

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by seen2much

The broom would probably not just volunteer this information without being asked, but since you did...

Not exactly sure how it started, perhaps with my grandfather who was a practicing sorcerer, among other things, perhaps it goes further back, I cannot say, for my knowledge does not go beyond, or further back than him.

But everyone in our family has had encounters with the same demons.

For example, my twin brother and your servant, both witnessed a robed and hooded human-like figure. This figure would be accompanied by a blob that was hundreds of sparkling lights, really small and faint. It would hoover next to the hooded figure above the level of his head. There was no face on the hooded figure, just a darkness that was darker than the night.

I observed it pick my one-year-old brother up out of his crib at night once. I screamed and it dropped my brother and vanished.

A cousin two hundred miles away was picked up and thrown into a closet by the exact same demon in front of his brother. He gave a description that matched exactly what we had witnessed, yet, he didn't know about our encounter.

Two aunts, other cousins, and their husbands have all experienced encounters with it, in a wide variety of places, all in one state. In fact, only since I moved to a different country have they stopped bothering me completely.
edit on 7-10-2013 by Broom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOutcast

It seems most pictures captured of ghosts in cemetery are old - always wearing early period clothing. This sounds bad but maybe they weren't dead when brought to the cemetery. It is well documented that many people were inadvertently burried alive - even into the 1800's.

I am not sure when embalming became standard but until it became an absolute consistent standard - across the board, there would be no guarantee someone were dead unless it was completely evident (gunshot wound to head, etc). So - maybe some of the ghosts that hang out in cemeteries did die there.

join