It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disaster, September 2013..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Keep in mind that there are shriveled up dead riverbeds in the Sahara from a very long time ago. Climates change, that is virtually an absolute. The weather may be a harbinger, but trying to stop it from shifting is like trying to stop a locomotive with a toothpick: It ain't gonna happen.

That said, it's not an excuse to be dirty pigs on this rock, we could stand to be a whole lot cleaner at everything we do. Weird weather should never have to inspire that if we use common sense

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

what would be normal..yes some of this could be normal..but there is way to much of it..now i did see a whole lot that is not normal and the sounds as well.. great vids of the happenings...it got me cought up on the events taking place....

Nope not normal what so ever...the last video really got me..wow...thanks for the info....

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Weather patterns, for whatever reason, change over time. I think we've been in a somewhat mild period that more recent generations might not appreciate.

Talk to old timers they have the memories. We've all laughed at the "when I was a boy I walked miles to school in chin deep snow" stories but I"m beginning to think maybe they were true.

I've lived in southern CO for 30 years but my dad was born/raised here, he's 82. I've talked to a lot of old residents/ranchers and they all tell the same stories.

They talk about frequent raging floods, snowstorms piling snow up to the eaves of the roof. Despite this life went on, it was their normal.

I've seen snow like that in the high country but down lower it really hasn't been that bad. Same thing with rain/floods. Actually our weather has been fairly mild and dry for sometime. I attributed their stories to bad infrastructure/foggy memories.

50-100 year weather events do happen and old folks talk about them too but they all agree the times in between were no picnic either and far worse than what we experience today.

The weather they talk about just seems overly exaggerated compared to what I've seen in my lifetime, hard to believe. I wonder if the mild weather we've enjoyed for so long might be going away? What will the new normal look like? Not sure what to think but I don't laugh at their stories anymore.

Love your threads/posts cheesy, you're such a sweetie!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
We're due for something, soon. The pride and arrogance level, is at an all time high, and rising.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

AmberLeaf

12voltz
i didnt watch the videos ,because i see the changes with my senses and so do the animals
The weather is changing and if people who constantly deny it it bothered to go outside ,they might see it as well.(note ,driving in your car with the ac and the windows up doesnt count as being outside)

Let me guess, you see a future filled with pain and termoil, crazy weather that wipes out all of humanity....doom and gloom...right???

Weather changes, as do climates....seriously, its nothing to worry about. You will no doubt live out the rest of your life without seeing any major changes to the climate, you say you sense things...so do lots of other people, many sense ghosts, aliens, shadow people etc...its just another form of paranoia/mental illness.

The reason for all the weather hype is because (ignorant/kids) people are discovering the weather isnt the same year in year out, and it certainly changes from continent to continent. The internet has a lot to answer for, Its made many normal people basket cases because they can read stuff or watch things they wasnt able to before...but they dont understand it, so it worries them. Much like how religion was applied to control people....gods going to do this if you dont do that....theres a tornado, god made it to warn you to be good. Ignorance...nothing more.

edit on 23-9-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

You don't have to be asinine about it. The person is hustle bringing up a valid scientific fact now. Wow i said it there really is global warming. Everyone knows it now, even the government talking head scientists, which you kinda sound like, finally agree, yes the earth is warming at rate not seen since we started tracking it. With this climate change we are seeing larger, more frequent, storms and weather of every kind.

Largest storm ever hitting China now. These are facts and it is commendable for this person to be concerned. I did not hear hem say gloom just wow weather getting freaky and they are right. You are one of those people your mom was always talking about, if you can't say something nice, do us a favor and just don't speak, for real.

The Bot

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

AmberLeaf

12voltz
i didnt watch the videos ,because i see the changes with my senses and so do the animals
The weather is changing and if people who constantly deny it it bothered to go outside ,they might see it as well.(note ,driving in your car with the ac and the windows up doesnt count as being outside)

Let me guess, you see a future filled with pain and termoil, crazy weather that wipes out all of humanity....doom and gloom...right???

Weather changes, as do climates....seriously, its nothing to worry about. You will no doubt live out the rest of your life without seeing any major changes to the climate, you say you sense things...so do lots of other people, many sense ghosts, aliens, shadow people etc...its just another form of paranoia/mental illness.

The reason for all the weather hype is because (ignorant/kids) people are discovering the weather isnt the same year in year out, and it certainly changes from continent to continent. The internet has a lot to answer for, Its made many normal people basket cases because they can read stuff or watch things they wasnt able to before...but they dont understand it, so it worries them. Much like how religion was applied to control people....gods going to do this if you dont do that....theres a tornado, god made it to warn you to be good. Ignorance...nothing more.

edit on 23-9-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

There is a reason for the letters ass , u and me being part of the word assume, which is what you have done,because it makes me see u as an ass.
Dont guess about people you dont know and imply they have a mental illness because they take note of whats going on around them in the real world.
And remember to keep it set at 23 degrees for maximum comfort

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

Largest storm ever (you might want to add) in recorded history
The observatory used in HK established in 1884, western meteorology is just 150 years old.
Its big yes its destructive yes but we honestly don't know if its the biggest ever.

reply to post by 12voltz

It's good people get aware on what is happening around them but itbwoukd be better if they would research the past oncevthey are aware to understand what is happening. Climate always changed both in human history as before. Its both destructive as it would bring new stuff. Its just change. Just because its on YouTube doesn't make its more special more people are just seeing it that's all.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Morningglory

i remember those storys too i have seen the snow bad a couple of times in my life 20 +foot snowdrifts
and minus 35 with a wind chill of minus 55 .

but those people had it worse and no central heating or double glazing now we get 6 inches of snow and the world stops

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by geobro

i live in wv... and it use to snow alot here..well not any more..barely any snow...things have changed..big time..now i dont mind the snow not being here as much..so to me its a blessing...but not for the weather pattersn and globel warming...my coomputer key board is sticking..yukk...lol

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by geobro

I worked at a ski area my first winter in CO, trial by fire. I was used to snow, growing up in the Chicago area we got heavy wet snow but I was completely amazed by CO's powder.

Although people had inferior housing compared to us they were prepared and tough as nails. I don't have central heating or double glazing and we stay quite toasty all winter...love the wood stove.

The old timers got more things right than wrong imo. In fact they told me not to seal up our house too tight when using a wood stove because of oxygen deprivation. I wasn't about to try and prove them wrong so we don't worry over air leaks. I'd like to see the return of the one room school house too, kids in those days actually learned to read/write.

Out here in the boonies one soon learns to appreciate the experience/knowledge of our elders. Too many modern folks have forgotten the important role they still play in natural societies.

With all our science/accumulated data and modern innovations we think we're so much smarter. Several people have died here in tents/housing due to lack of proper venting. It never even occurred to them yet it's the first thought for old timers.

That way of thinking is getting lost in the technology and if we ever return to those tougher times lots of people will die.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Sept 24 2013, Magnitude 7.7 earthquake Pakistan. 250 thought to have died. New island appears just off coast.

www.bbc.co.uk...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join