I got food stamps

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

Life really sucks at times and then one day you really appreciate it.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

yamammasamonkey
reply to post by calstorm

Yes I do. Dude is single. I have moved across country many times while single and with a family. While single I could do it for a few hundred dollars. If you have all that stuff, you should sell it to provide for yourself instead of leaching off your fellow citizens.

So whats the point of him paying into it if he's not supposed to USE it huh????
Troll fail

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

Hey man, I've been there, and a little worse. I was on government assistance and even had to stay at a shelter for a little while ( life changing.) There is nothing to be ashamed of. I used to be really hot headed and evil towards those I thought were abusing the system, but having been in a situation where I needed it I'm incredibly grateful it exists, even if there are assholes out there that abuse it.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

The extremists have done a good job of mental abuse by convincing the public that all social programs are riddled with freeloaders. I say mental abuse, because you have no reason to feel guilty.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I have no problem with people who really need it. As long as you’re NOT abusing MY TAX DOLLARS unwisely, than I don’t have a problem.

Personally, I think a lot of Americans are as lazy as hell! What were people doing when there weren’t food stamps? I’ll tell you what they did. They got to the bottom of the barrel and were forced to chew their pride and fight to get back on their feet.

There was a time when I was really down and out, and I ended up going to food banks to get food for a while. A lot of people won’t do that though, because, god forbid that someone actually have to get off your azz to do so.

I wish you well…

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

The freeloaders and drain on our resources are the rich. They hoard the money, do no real work, control the business and media and education system and sponge of all of us. The fraud the do amounts to trillions and the fraud the unemployed do is a mere pittance. Let's put this in perspective.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Man, I remember when I was on food stamps. I bought expensive cheeses, candy, gourmet crap, ribs... I was working 20 hours a week, but I lived with roommates.

Now I have a full-time job and am not eligible *sigh*. I miss the good ol'days

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Tacitwidget
Man, I remember when I was on food stamps. I bought expensive cheeses, candy, gourmet crap, ribs... I was working 20 hours a week, but I lived with roommates.

Now I have a full-time job and am not eligible *sigh*. I miss the good ol'days

So says the troll...

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

You'd like to believe that, I'm sure. I was more of a trendy kind of asshole back then and had no shame.

One time as I was checking out, I said "Thanks for the water" (implying that she helped me buy it with her tax money)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Tacitwidget

You have no conscience that you denied the benefit to someone who may have really needed it? Like a child or a sick person? That is pretty close to having blood on your hands. Of course, maybe you are one of those case studies, like serial killers, that are just predatory.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

More power to you for taking what is your right and privilege as an American when one is in a unique financial need.

I am proud that my tax money and your own tax money can help you and others in-need.

I am also glad you are trying to better yourself. Keep it up and stay in school and do well and one day I am certain you will be doing better.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Good luck to you and I hope your circumstances change for the better in the future....

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I was just searching who benefits most out of food stamp program and came across this on youtube:

Talk about taking advantage of the system.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join

ATS Live Reality Remix IS ON-AIR! (there are 77 minutes remaining).
ATS Live Radio Presents - Reality Remix Live SE6 EP8 - Season Finale!

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def