It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zionist ADL seeks to take down Hispan TV’s YouTube page

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Zionist ADL seeks to take down Hispan TV’s YouTube page

The Zionist Anti-Defamation League (ADL) has admitted to playing a key role in taking down the YouTube page of the Iranian English-language news channel Press TV, and revealed that it is also trying to block Iran’s Spanish-language Hispan TV’s page on the popular social media website. In a posting on its official website, the ADL has confirmed that only one day after YouTube started the live broadcast of Press TV, the officials of the Zionist group contacted the popular video-sharing website, calling for Press TV’s webpage to be taken down, said Press TV’s Newsroom Director Hamid Reza Emadi. Since July, YouTube has blocked Press TV’s account four times, prompting the news channel to create an alternative page each time to counter the move, he added. He said that a recent posting on the ADL website indicates that the Zionist institution also seeks to stop the live streaming of Hispan TV on YouTube.

Leave it to the good old ADL to be against freedom of speech here in America but now they want to control speech in Latin America. This group which is against American rights needs to pack their bags and get out of my country. This is another group where the members should be listed as foreign agents.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

First, You Tube is a business. They have the right to refuse ANYONE they want to. Second, this group shouldn't have a say in what You Tube wants or doesn't want. Third, I am all about free speech but unfortunately the platform in which Iran wants to expound their views is a Business ran in America.

When Iran allows the same freedoms it so wants for its own people, I might care a bit more. I do wonder how many Iranians are allowed to see this.

edit on 22-9-2013 by sonnny1 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

sonnny1
reply to post by buster2010

First, You Tube is a business. They have the right to refuse ANYONE they want to. Second, this group shouldn't have a say in what You Tube wants or doesn't want. Third, I am all about free speech but unfortunately the platform in which Iran wants to expound their views is a Business ran in America.

When Iran allows the same freedoms it so wants for its own people, I might care a bit more. I do wonder how many Iranians are allowed see this.

edit on 22-9-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

I see you are as anti American as the ADL. You are about free speech but only when it is something you like. What is going on in Iran has nothing to do with this article. It is about America and Latin America and how the ADL seeks to control what people sees and hears. So go whine about what is happening in Iran in another thread.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

buster2010

I see you are as anti American as the ADL. You are about free speech but only when it is something you like. What is going on in Iran has nothing to do with this article. It is about America and Latin America and how the ADL seeks to control what people sees and hears. So go whine about what is happening in Iran in another thread.

I am as anti-American as Iran it seems! I am all for freedom of speech, but if ATS, as an example, doesn't want to talk about illegal substances they must be anti American too? Its a business, just like You Tube is and they have those rights to refuse, for WHATEVER reason they deem fit, right or wrong. Come on now. You're just angry I made a good point showing the hypocrisy of Iran. Its glaring.

BTW, WHY dont you see the hypocrisy of Iran in this? They wont let their own people view it, they claim its "immoral" but yet they want to post their own crap on it and are angry at the losses of "freedom of speech" or the ADL ?

To funny.

The Zionist hate machine is alive and well, it seems.

Personally, I can care less about Iran or Israel. I just like to show the hypocrisy that those with agendas play.

edit on 22-9-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Dear sonnny1,

I've come to realize that what drives some posters up the wall is not what is being done, but who is doing it. For some, if the US, or more especially Israel, performs some act, then it is a terrible outrage. I used to get excited about it, but I've discussed it in enough threads that it's starting to get routine.

A group asks youtube to pull an offensive video, youtube does, as it has the right to.They have done it before and will do it again. If I recall the title correctly, The Innocence of Muslims was pulled at the request of the entire US government. It was considered a rather silly move at the time, but I don't recall anyone protesting it as a violation of free speech. I would be astonished to learn that our OP had.

The headline is misleading and inflammatory, and as you say, it requires behavior from the rest of the world that the Islamic world would never tolerate.

I have no idea what this thread contributes, but I'm sure someone will be along to inform me.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Strange how the lack of responses to this thread, but all the stars and flags.
I would expect those who either admire it, or have a say in it to actually comment on it.

The anger at the ADL but lack of anger towards the Iranian Government is telling. The message the Iranians want to get out is obviously only a message they want the West to hear, and not their own people. If they did they would allow the "immoral" YouTube to be watched by ALL their people without strict Government control or filtering. Ironic that Iran has their own version of YouTube(Mehr) but wants to use the Great Satan's version. Ironic indeed that when you show this hypocrisy you are not wanted in the thread, as stated by Op. Sometimes I wonder if its really "Embracing Ignorance" that some on ATS might be pushing.

Clearly the Agenda is to point the finger at the ADL, all the while willfully ignoring Iran's own policies towards YouTube and "freedom of speech".

Deny Ignorance indeed.

edit on 22-9-2013 by sonnny1 because: typo

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Israel is constantly threatening to attack Iran for it's supposed nuclear weapons development (that they should of had years ago according to Israel), however using the ADL to try to win the propaganda war just adds insult to injury.

(post by buster2010 removed for a manners violation)
(post by buster2010 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Press TV is nothing more than the Iranian government propaganda machine. So I can see why the ADL wants it gone. Press TV is notoriously anti-Jewish and anti-Israel. (and exceptionally stupid and easily debunked).

The Press-TV vs Isreal thing would be like the Black Panthers wanting the KKK not to have air time, and vice versa. Neither group is pristine. Both have nasty agendas. However, both the Black Panthers and the KKK have a right to spew their crap ... so both Press TV and Israel should have a right to spew their crap as well. And civilized society has a right to ignore both of them.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

buster2010
reply to post by sonnny1

Let me see if I can dumb it down enough so even you can understand it. You say you are for Freedom of Speech. You are a liar. You support a group that blocks Freedom of Speech in America you cannot do this and support Freedom of Speech. You whining about what is going in Iran has NOTHING to do with the article.

So you would require private companies and people to give people they do not support an outlet for what the believe? So for example the NAACP should have to host a KKK article on its website? Freedom of speech protects you from the Goverment it does not force you to expouse or support views you do not want to. If you tube chooses to use its freedom of speech to not support this channel then your idea of freedom of speech is forcing them to? How are you any different the ADL? Hint, your not. Of course your both just pushing your agendas, you tube is free to do as it pleases and if the choose to enact that freedom then you can not then claim that freedom has been denied.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

MrSpad
If you tube chooses to use its freedom of speech to not support this channel then your idea of freedom of speech is forcing them to?

That's a really good point. I didn't think of that. Forcing youtube to play the Press TV propaganda is denying youtube it's rights to free speech. It's forcing them to participate in propaganda that it wants to avoid. So those who push youtube to play the propaganda from the Iranian Gov't run Press TV are doing exactly what they accuse the ADL of doing. VERY GOOD POINT.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Freedom of speech to an individual or individuals I can see. To a totalitarian Government and one that doesnt value freedom for their own citizens?

Hypocracy at best.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Taking news channels off the air because of a forceful influence from an economically dominant minority is a direct violation of the freedom of speech...It is like if You tube or hotbird could have totally taken down fox news or CNN because Salafis told them to!! ,,Hypothetically of course,I can imagine the looks on people's faces and the bullets loading their guns...Once again the Western double standard at it's best.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Can we take down the illegal labor pickups at corners of every major city?? Why do we allow these people into our country with a free ride, allow them to work off the books while getting that free ride, and local governments spend money on posting expensive signage to help these illegal people cheat and work off the books while collecting welfare?

I JUST DONT GET IT

Ever heard of RAID?
edit on 24-9-2013 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
It always surprises me to see the double standards at work in some ATSers. Freedom of speech is great - unless it is from a group you don't like, then of course it's more emotionally acceptable to condemn them.

YouTube might be a private company, but they are not founded on a race-specific platform. YouTube has, on the contrary, traditionally been a paragon of free speech and an unequalled source for alternative media.

As for the KKK? Freedom of speech. As long as they are not committing any crimes or espousing the intent to do so, it would be utterly UNamerican to deny them a platform.

The ADL on the other hand... They are nororious for being more utterly opposed to free speech than any other US-based institution. As Buster says, they are so unAmerican in both philosophy and in practice that they should be considered foreign agents.

The main issue is not so much about PressTV, but about the ADL's unnatural influence over the American way of life. As it's been pointed out, YT is an American company. Why is it that free speech matters, except when Israeli or Federal agencies tell us otherwise? This is simply censorship for the sole purpose of giving Israel greater control over the distribution of propaganda.

If we're going to truly respect American values, we can't play favorites. Either we condemn both nations' propaganda, or we allow both.
edit on 2620139 2013f 229Tuesday by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Mr. Confusion up for another round. What in the world are we talking about? What is this insistence on Freedom of Speech for Iranian state news on Youtube?

Are the posters who are calling for it American? Or perhaps they were educated in America's public schools, and therefore ignorant? Or is it just a propaganda piece designed to confuse Americans?

"Free Speech" applies to the restrictions imposed on government to prevent them from interfering with citizen's speech. Government is not involved in this decision to restrict speech, and the organs of the Iranian government certainly aren't citizens.

"Free Speech" is not an issue here, and those who think it is are misinformed, or malicious.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

charles1952
Mr. Confusion up for another round. What in the world are we talking about? What is this insistence on Freedom of Speech for Iranian state news on Youtube?

Are the posters who are calling for it American? Or perhaps they were educated in America's public schools, and therefore ignorant? Or is it just a propaganda piece designed to confuse Americans?

"Free Speech" applies to the restrictions imposed on government to prevent them from interfering with citizen's speech. Government is not involved in this decision to restrict speech, and the organs of the Iranian government certainly aren't citizens.

"Free Speech" is not an issue here, and those who think it is are misinformed, or malicious.

Its not even worth it Charles.

These peoples hate for ANYTHING Israel, or Zionist has them disregarding the biggest elephant in the room. Iran and its own freedoms for its own people being blocked! Iranians cant even go on YouTube without circumventing the filters and laws !

Iran wants to be part of the Great Satan's mouth piece!

Iran NEEDS YouTube to get their message of Hate out!

Iran has friends and supporters willing to push their agenda for them!

Its too hilarious isn't it?

top topics

join