It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do you see a ghost? or am i crazy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Hey guys,

This is my first thread. I hope that I have posted it into the right area. I have considered posting this picture before but never got around to it. Especially, since I thought I had lost it(keeping files secure isn't really my thing). But, I went through my old external hard disk, and found it. This is not the original file though, which is in fact lost. The quality therefore might not be up to standard.

To explain the picture:

It was made in 2004(around November), in the Netherlands(not the place where Peter Pan lives!) underneath a transmission tower(if that's what you call it). During a chat at school a friend told us about a ghost near his house. Which, we thought was very funny and we made fun of him(the way he told us just felt like a comedy sketch). He told us that the ghost was a witch with bad intentions. He even claimed to know her name(which just didn't make sense to me). The story his friends told me was that they were trying some paranormal stuff and things went crazy. They did seem traumatized. Up to this day I no idea what actually happened. I was 19, and they were a little bit younger.

But, ever since I was a kid I have been interested in these kinds of things and went with him and some of his friends. I later decided to borrow my brother's camera and went back with one of his friends. As I normally do with picture, I took a many as I could. And when I went through them I saw a face in the picture posted. Most people don't see it. The guy I went with also saw it straight away though. Which, might be a coincidence or maybe there is another reason?

Do other people see the same face in the picture? Or am i crazy? I won't say where I see the face. But, the face seems to be looking down(towards rights), and doesn't seem happy. I just want to know whether other people are able to see it too. If not, I'll add the picture where I've circled the face.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by EGO84

Sorry...(at least on my computer) the picture is of poor quality and is really too dim to really see anything; I wish I could see something.

I am not doubting you...that something is there...I just can't see it.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by EGO84

Flagged to help get other responses.

I don't see squat...

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Well, it was taken at night with no light in the area. Which makes things harder. Plus, I resized the pictured back then to be able to send to friends. Unfortunately, I don't have the original anymore. Which makes it harder in terms of quality. I see it because I know where to look. Maybe when another person see it or I add the picture which circles it.

p.s. I'm not claiming that the guy that is climbing the structure is the ghost.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Thanks, I really appreciate it. Maybe this helps?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EGO84

p.s. I'm not claiming that the guy that is climbing the structure is the ghost.

What structure?.....what guy?

I can't make anything out at all!

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by EGO84

Hold off bringing the circled picture as long as you can. ATS loves a mystery. People will "also" see it if you give up the secret to soon.

ETA: Aww, nevermind.
edit on 22-9-2013 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

EGO84

Not even slightly!

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

haha... oops!

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by EGO84

You must have stared at that a very long time to find a face there! I think there were other, easier candidates.

Even with the circle (red doesn't assist by the way, it leaves an afterimage elsewhere), it takes quite a while to imagine the random patches of light and dark make a face. For me anyway.....

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

EGO84

By God my eyes are about to pop out from focusing into that red spot you made to see something...

Squat...zilch...nada...just blurry whatever nothingness...

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BayesLike

Actually, I saw it straight away(same goes for the guy that was with me when I took those pictures) while going through the many pictures. It's a shame I don't have the original anymore.

Other candidates? Where?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Are we suppose to see the black streak?
because other than that, that's all I see.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by EGO84

You really shouldn't write thread titles like that. It could invite T&C violations if people answer honestly.

But seriously, the human brain is made to see patterns, especially faces, in everything. It doesn't mean faces are there. It's known as Pareidolia, so if that's what you're experiencing, and I'm sure it is, you're not crazy.

I see a face in this cardboard box and it even looks shocked to me. But there is no face in the cardboard box, or in your picture. That's just the way our brains work. Both are pareidolia.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EGO84

Actually, i must admit i saw the face straight away, however i didn`t have a clue there was a bloke climbing a structure lol. looks like a woman???? could just be the poor quality of the picture.

Or maybe a man with a tache????

edit on 22-9-2013 by fenian8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by fenian8

I'm glad I'm not the only one on ATS that sees it!!! The face i see is that of a woman. at least, that's what it looks like to me. The person climbing the structure is a guy(on the left side of the black part in the middle).

new topics

top topics

join