It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self Induced Slavery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I really like the guy from "Bevolution" and his overall sense of connectedness and concern for humanity and the world. In this short video, they are discussing how we are becoming slaves by our own actions, and what is happening to the people of the world. This was all spoken of long ago, even that we would be enslaved to computers and losing touch with one another.

I know I have some on ATS who regularly spar with me, and yet I can't help but feel if we could get together over a nice meal, share life together, we might actually find out how normal and sincere we are despite our disagreements. I think that is why I like Skype and am happy to skype with people if they set up a time to do so. So much more is shown in actual voice chat that we lose in these typed messages. So, I hope those who are concerned about the world and where humanity is headed will watch this:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

Yeah. But it's a little hard to weep for humanity when they're such idiots.

I really haven't much to add. If the other 95% of the human race don't wake up, and look up—well, that train bearing down on us isn't going to leave many survivors....

edit on 9/22/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Einstein was right.

But lets check...

I don't own a cell phone, doesn't that make me an idiot nowadays?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

Dooooom! Doom I say! *As TDawg chuckles madly*

I do love the irony of people saying that they are lonely, when they are surrounded by people.

People need to get over themselves and have a actual conversation. I left a date a while back because she couldn't pull her head out of her cell phone. When I asked her what was up? She replied that she was just checking up on FaceBook. Sorry, I gotta go if I'm that boring. I have better places to be.

There are times that I really do hope that the grid does collapse.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
i have a tracfone and only make phone calls from it, no internet on the phone.
only three, no make that four people know the number. i only use it to find out what i need to pick up or where i need to be.

now i do listen to tv at night when i'm reading on ats. and that's it. nothing else done electronically.
i go to the bank with my pay check, i go to the drive thru to get cash, i pay cash at the store.

i will never go the complete wireless age.

they are gonna have to earn every cent they get from me.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Ex_CT2
Yeah. But it's a little hard to weep for humanity when they're such idiots.

That's an interesting pronoun choice.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
If anything....

Social media and my smart phone has made my opportunities for actual personal contact and intimacy much easier and more frequent.

I do agree that when on a date; turn your phone off and give your undivided attention to your date.
edit on 22-9-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Nothing more than a self-righteous statement with a fake Albert Einstein quote.

They said the same thing about the walkman back in the mid 80's.

ETA: The people in those pics are interacting with people.
edit on 22-9-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

TDawgRex

I do love the irony of people saying that they are lonely, when they are surrounded by people.

People need to get over themselves and have a actual conversation. I left a date a while back because she couldn't pull her head out of her cell phone. When I asked her what was up? She replied that she was just checking up on FaceBook. Sorry, I gotta go if I'm that boring. I have better places to be.

There are times that I really do hope that the grid does collapse.

Brilliant! That may be the saving grace for humanity. Get back in touch with people and nature! That would certainly wake a lot of folks up!

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
when i had my shop, one of my pet peeves, was cell phones.
i hated it when a customer came in and was talking to me at the counter, and the phone would ring, and they stopped talking to me and answered the phone.

so i started going to the back of the shop when that happened, and would wait a few minutes after they got off the phone. if they asked why i did it i would tell them that my time was valuable, and i need to be working instead of waiting for them to get off the phone.

i even put up a sign that said, if you answer your cell phone i will leave you to it and be back later.
you know what, that still didn't make any difference.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Think this guy has it right about the phone stuff.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
And so we have a generation of idiots !! can't argue that!

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Cell phone stereotyping is just yet another excuse for people to look down on other people. "Look at the zombies, they can't look up from their phones, ha ha, what has this world come to!" And then when it's pointed out that they, too, have a phone of some sort, they are quick to justify themselves: "Oh well I only have a dumb phone and ONLY use it when I HAVE to, please pat me on the head and give me a cookie for being so self-disciplined."

The other day we were in a doctor's office, and my wife, son and I all had our techno gadgets out. The nurse was like, "oh so sad that this is the new family unit, everyone with their phones, blah blah blah." I was like "and yet if each of us had our noses in one of those magazines THAT YOU PROVIDE, you'd have nothing to say. Even though the effect would be exactly the same."

And that's what it is now; a justification for either mocking others, or feigning concern for the future. How did we get so judgmental? Yes there are some people who abuse it and place it as a priority over immediate human interaction, but why lump the rest of us in with them? The vast majority of people I've come across respect face-to-face contact and don't worship their phones.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
nahhh you have it all wrong!

I feel that cellphones have forced me to have much much more contact and conversation than I want. Its like an open door to annoy me. It started out with the telephone.. now the cell so they can bother me even when Im NOT home. I want a grid failure for very different reasons... so I can NOT be social! If I turn the ringer off on my phone.. somehow these evil social people will find a way to infiltrate my peaceful frame of mind... CARS and LEGS!! They drive over in their cars or WALK across my beautiful lawn to ring my doorbell! Ive removed my doorbell. Then they knock with their evil little knuckles. Blab blab blab.. thats all people ever do with or without a cell. Its like a buzzing of a million locusts..

Bah... A curse of pox upon the house of AG Bell!!

( the reality is that I HAVE a dumb phone on purpose, DO turn the ringer off, and HAVE dismantled my doorbell... )

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This reminded me of this.

So connected, yet disconnected. People should learn to disconnect in order to connect

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I just got a text from an exotic oriental beauty I just met a couple of days ago. All it said was one word....

"Busy?"

Thank you Steve Jobs for all you've done.

Slavery....? Not in my book!
edit on 26-9-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join