It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The big bad Bible

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
The Bible.....

A book written by men...
consisting of man-made mythology.

Children believe in Santa Claus...
a myth created by adults and taught to children.

I would not tell a child that Santa Claus does not not exist...
that would be insensitive and unkind.

However...
if that child were to grow to adulthood and still believe in Santa Claus and tell me that I had to believe in Santa Claus...
then we would have a serious problem.

Adults that still childishly believe in biblical myths need to get a grip and grow up.

Worshiping a dead human being as god is a pagan belief.

Let me repeat that...
the worship of a dead human being as a god is an ignorant and superstitious belief.
It is Paganism pure and simple.

That also goes for the worship of the dead human being's father...Jehovah or Yahweh or whatever you want to call the primitive Semitic tribal god.

Santa Claus does not exist...

and neither does Jehovah/Yahweh.

Edit to add:
There is an INTELLIGENCE, inconceivably incomprehensible by the human mind, that is vastly beyond the historically limiting title of "God".
The Universe is a manifestation of that INTELLIGENCE.
We are an intelligent and conscious manifestation of that INTELLIGENCE.
edit on 29-9-2013 by MildBill because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MildBill

There is an INTELLIGENCE, inconceivably incomprehensible by the human mind

Then how can you say it's there?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Since everybody here is posting on the ideas and meanings of the bible, i'm just throwing in my 2 cents, dude.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Wandering Scribe
reply to post by bigman88

You really think that God will admit you into the heavenly realm despite someone CONTINUING to perform evil acts, despite their belief and faith in him?

according to Lutheran doctrine, yes. Your deeds and actions do not matter. According to Martin Luther all the evil you do is irrelevant to God. All that God is interested in is whether or not you believe in Him, and have faith that He is the true God.

God is very clear on that, and we are judged by both faith and deed also. You will still receive your just punishment for your evil; just because you pray to God does not mean your prayer will elicit any blessings from the Lord.

Then your stance is that Martin Luther's brand of Christianity is wrong?

~ Wandering Scribe

I guess... I'm just going by what the bible says, and the personality of God that we know of.

Maybe Martin Luther did not mean that one who continues in evil despite worship will be blessed, but ones who have committed evil but repented, and promised to cut that out?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Defcon, in a handful of earlier posts, actually pointed out that Martin Luther's view concerning salvation was Biblical. If Defcon is right, and I see no reason to doubt him, as he seems to be a Christian, then Lutheran doctrine does allow for evil men to gain the kingdom of Heaven, since their deeds do not matter, only their faith/belief in Jesus Christ as the son of God.

(apologies to Defcon if you're a woman and I've been calling you a "he" this whole time, ha ha)

In the end, it doesn't really matter to me, of course, as I've already stated on here that I'm not a Christian. I just enjoy pointing out what might otherwise be missed according to Christian doctrine.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Wandering Scribe

Defcon, in a handful of earlier posts, actually pointed out that Martin Luther's view concerning salvation was Biblical. If Defcon is right, and I see no reason to doubt him, as he seems to be a Christian, then Lutheran doctrine does allow for evil men to gain the kingdom of Heaven, since their deeds do not matter, only their faith/belief in Jesus Christ as the son of God.

(apologies to Defcon if you're a woman and I've been calling you a "he" this whole time, ha ha)

In the end, it doesn't really matter to me, of course, as I've already stated on here that I'm not a Christian. I just enjoy pointing out what might otherwise be missed according to Christian doctrine.

~ Wandering Scribe

There are countless people and institutions in history that has twisted Gods word or omitted things.

Nowhere in the scriptures does it say that God will accept you based SOLELY on ones acknowledgment and worship of him. Nowhere.

Some dude named Martin Luther comes way later, and says that God accepts all who loves and worships him, despite them being a douchbag.

Based on whose authority? Approved by who? Who gave him this info?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Some dude named Martin Luther comes way later, and says that God accepts all who loves and worships him, despite them being a douchbag.

Based on whose authority? Approved by who? Who gave him this info?

Luther as an Augustinian monk
en.wikipedia.org...
So the answer to your question is: Augustine.
A lot of people think that Luther's theology is "Reformation" when in fact it was just his getting back to the Catholic roots. Meaning, ignoring the corrupt practices that came in later, like selling indulgences.

Bibles were hard to come by, back then, without any decent translations.
We have the opportunity today to understand the gospel properly, on our own, without all the Medieval trappings. That would be true "reform", not accepting those old theological ideas from a backwards church understanding.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MildBill

Worshiping a dead human being as god is a pagan belief.
Christianity does not worship a "dead man" as god.
We worship a god who could not be kept dead by any power in the universe.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

The reformation was when the catholic church was gutted, and what entered was the hail mary's, idolotry, pedophilia, slavery, and all other evil, douchbag activities that the catholic church conducts.

I was reading somewhere that the catholic church needed to better bring the masses into the reformed catholic doctrine, and had Martin Luther preach towards this.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Wandering Scribe
reply to post by the2ofusr1

The Just , ..Shall live ,..By faith ...Its not by any works we have done ..It really is hard for us to get our minds around and keep it there ..If the blood of Jesus Christ was not sufficient enough to redeem us to God then what kind of works would be ..Some think that prayer beads are needed but wouldn't that mean that Jesus is not enough ..

I am putting my trust in the Son of God and what He accomplished on the cross ..My best is like filthy rags before a righteous God .....peace

This is exactly why I have a problem with the Christian ideology.

A murderer, rapist, or war criminal who ravishes the Earth, enslaves his fellow man, kills women and children, uses chemical weapons, and pillages the land he assaults, but devoutly believes in his heart that Jesus Christ was and is the savior of man, will gain admittance into Heaven, despite his worldly actions.

Yet, a philanthropist, who provides medicine and shelter for the sick, who donates to help find cures for disease, who funds schools, adopts orphans, and does not judge anyone as lesser than himself, but lacks belief in the divinity of Jesus Christ, is going to be condemned to an eternity in Hell.

If our works do not matter, then what motivation is there to be good, kind, caring, loving people? If you can wholeheartedly believe in Jesus Christ, and be the most bigoted, racist, vile, cruel person alive but still gain admittance to Heaven, why not be evil?

~ Wandering Scribe

You think you're somehow better than Hitler but you're just as evil as he is, yours and his and all our hearts are the same.

Just because he did what he wanted to do (kill 6 million Jews and 6 million Christians), and you don't do everything you want to do, is irrelevant. You both think the same, and feel the same.

Prove me wrong?

Let's have one day where you can do ANYTHING YOU WANT, I mean anything, you could have sex with all the Supermodels and not even get herpes!

But you're stuck the whole day in a traffic jam.

I bet you'll kill everyone.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The Holy Bible:

Greatest selling book in History that no one reads!!

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

AbleEndangered
The Holy Bible:

Greatest selling book in History that no one reads!!

I just read some of it today.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by IDNeon

You think you're somehow better than Hitler but you're just as evil as he is, yours and his and all our hearts are the same.

Yet he is the one who approved of the plans that eventually killed more than six million people, and I won't even kill a spider if I find one in my house.

Seems like you're about to make a whole lot of unfounded assumptions about me.

Just because he did what he wanted to do (kill 6 million Jews and 6 million Christians), and you don't do everything you want to do, is irrelevant. You both think the same, and feel the same.

Assumption 1: I think the same as Hitler, believing Aryans are the dominant race
Assumption 2: I feel the same as Hitler, believing Jews are responsible for my country's woes

Prove me wrong?

Well, the burden of proof is actually on you to prove that I am as morally corrupt as Hitler, since you're the one who has made the claim.

Let's have one day where you can do ANYTHING YOU WANT, I mean anything, you could have sex with all the Supermodels and not even get herpes!

Assumption 3: I don't already do anything and everything I want each day
Assumption 4: "what I want" is sex of some kind
Assumption 5: my perception of beauty is that of a supermodel

Assumption 6: I drive
Assumption 7: traffic annoys me
Assumption 8: I use violence to solve my problems

Eight.

Eight baseless assumptions about me, all of which are unsubstantiated and unsupported by any kind of evidence.

I'm going to make one assumption. Just one, single, little assumption in response to your laundry list of insubstantial musings:

Assumption 1: what you accuse me of explains your own self better than I.

~ Wandering Scribe

edit on 10/10/13 by Wandering Scribe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Wandering Scribe
reply to post by IDNeon

Yet he is the one who approved of the plans that eventually killed more than six million people, and I won't even kill a spider if I find one in my house.

Seems like you're about to make a whole lot of unfounded assumptions about me.

Assumption 1: I think the same as Hitler, believing Aryans are the dominant race
Assumption 2: I feel the same as Hitler, believing Jews are responsible for my country's woes

Prove me wrong?

Well, the burden of proof is actually on you to prove that I am as morally corrupt as Hitler, since you're the one who has made the claim.

Assumption 3: I don't already do anything and everything I want each day
Assumption 4: "what I want" is sex of some kind
Assumption 5: my perception of beauty is that of a supermodel

Assumption 6: I drive
Assumption 7: traffic annoys me
Assumption 8: I use violence to solve my problems

Eight.

Eight baseless assumptions about me, all of which are unsubstantiated and unsupported by any kind of evidence.

I'm going to make one assumption. Just one, single, little assumption in response to your laundry list of insubstantial musings:

Assumption 1: what you accuse me of explains your own self better than I.

~ Wandering Scribe

edit on 10/10/13 by Wandering Scribe because: (no reason given)

Wandering Scribe you're not fooling any body, you're no different than anyone else.

Psychological experiments have already empirically proven that condition is more powerful than morality. The fact you can even think of evil, that you can imagine something evil is because there is the capacity to commit evil inside you. Something will set you off, you are not perfectly just, you do not dispense justice to all, you are not righteous.

Whether in your heart you wish to be just (a heart for God) or not is aside to the first point. Even if by mistake, you cause others to evil by some careless action where you cut someone off and they got angry, you still caused that to happen.

The Bible makes very clear, righteousness, and Good, are absolutes, there is no "gray area" where a little evil is ok.

No evil is what it takes to survive in the presence of God. Not a single blemish.

And you just don't fit that criteria.
edit on 10-10-2013 by IDNeon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join