It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet ISON In Motion,22 September 2013 impressive velocity is --more than 72,000 mph

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Yeahhhhh Finaly Motion ISON..Here You Go Friend..

Comet ISON is falling toward the sun for a close encounter on Thanksgiving Day 2013. If it survives, it could become one of the finest comets in years. At the moment ISON is still far away and faint, but its sunward velocity is impressive--more than 72,000 mph on Sept. 22nd

Tx For the Site Owner for EXTRA Upload Size! Love You All!

edit on 22-9-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
That's pretty fast!! but Voyager 1 has it beat by 25,000 MPH, lol!!
Love the thread and keep up the good work, you seem to be very interested in this COMET, its really gotten me on the band horse too.
Being Military, if anything were to ever happen...............

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

That is very awesome! I'm really hope it puts on a great show for us here soon. I've got this new camera that I'm really looking forward to putting to use in capturing some of my own shots of this potentially awesome visitor!

Ooh! If you look closely you can see the windows and the propulsion system of the UFO hiding on it.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Arnie123
Love the thread and keep up the good work, you seem to be very interested in this COMET, its really gotten me on the band horse too.

Tqs! Yes I am So Interested in this Comet ! So Much!
this comet will rise it Velocity when close to Sun, Maybe get Double..Creazy,cant imagine if this strike earth with that Velocity..

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

.Creazy,cant imagine if this strike earth with that Velocity..

But one can still hope, right? At least that's the idea I get.

At the moment ISON is still far away and faint, but its sunward velocity is impressive--more than 72,000 mph on Sept. 22nd

Yes very impressive, I don't think I can run that fast, on the other hand I am not an object hurtling through the vacuum of space accellerated by the gravity of a sun......

When you think about it it is not that impressive at all, but at least it is more impressive than Earth with a meager 67,000 Mph.

edit on 22-9-2013 by NeoParadigm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

cheesy

Arnie123

this comet will rise it Velocity when close to Sun, Maybe get Double..Creazy,cant imagine if this strike earth with that Velocity..

Actually, if it were some how able to sit still in space (resists the sun's gravity some how), and sat right in Earth's path, our planet would hit it at 66,610 Mph because that is how fast the Earth orbits the sun.

If you think C/2012 S1 ISON is fast now, wait until it whips around the sun. The sun's gravity will have accelerated it to a huge 425,000 Mph by November.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Kepler's Supernova Remnant

could this actually be Ison?????

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Kepler's Supernova Remnant could this actually be Ison?????

Because they are both spacey kind of thingies and you have heard about both of them?

Because that is the only connection there is and even a little bit of research and logic would make this clear.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

NeoParadigm

Kepler's Supernova Remnant could this actually be Ison?????

Because they are both spacey kind of thingies and you have heard about both of them?

Because that is the only connection there is and even a little bit of research and logic would make this clear.

"Kepler's",,,do u even have any idea who Kepler is?,, and why Nuburu got mixed up with,,lets see,, what exploded,, and left a super nova remnant,, keplers remnent it seems,,,, ohhh even Shakespear mentioned it as well,,,so,, ya more than a " both spacey kind of thingies".

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Omg, off course, you don't get sarcasm either....

I ask you again, what is the connection between Kepler's and ISON except the fact that they are both space phenomena you have heard of?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

BobAthome

When you're an ATSer, anything could be ISON.

Never mind that Kepler's is a supernova remnant that is 20,000 light-years away from us, and which occured in 1604, whereas ISON is in the Solar System, only a few kilometers in diameter, and wouldn't have been detectable, say, 10 years ago.

I hope you know the difference between a star (and whatever remnant it leaves) and a comet.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

I like how he added this though,

for clarity.......

NUBURU

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoParadigm

Why did you add in Nibiru? I don't see that word on the white board??

Comet ISON is one to keep up with thats for sure... thanks for the thread OP!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

MamaJ
reply to post by NeoParadigm

Why did you add in Nibiru? I don't see that word on the white board??

Comet ISON is one to keep up with thats for sure... thanks for the thread OP!

No idea why he added the images he did in his post (and spammed it in another thread also that had nothing to do with those images).

The whiteboard is talking about electron's energy and how different colors in the light spectrum are the result of different electrons having different energy levels (how much they are excited and then give off a photon).

The whiteboard uses M&M candy colors as representing that: red M&Ms as electrons would have low energy, where as the blue M&Ms have higher energy.

The image might be related to the images of Kelpler's Supernova, in that we can observe the supernova remains in different spectrums (visible light, infrared, ultraviolet, x-rays, radio waves, etc). But they have absolutely nothing to do with comet C/2012 S1 ISON.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Yeah, I was just wondering where Nibiru came from? lol

I know how Bobathome posts and I guess that's why it doesn't bother me. Used to it.

Actually thinking he may believe the Comet is something other than a comet but no way did I get Nibiru from what he posted.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

"Nuburu" was also mentioned in his 2nd post.

and why Nuburu got mixed up with,,

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Interval of time 35 minutes, 32 seconds... does that mean the time lapse length is 35:32, or that the time lapse length is 35 minutes with 32 second exposures? Just wondering what exposure length they used there. Very nice images in any case. I'm still waiting for a morning with winds calm enough for me to polar align and run longer exposures on ISON, but here's the best I've got so far from an altitude-azimuth alignment with 45 second exposures (15 exposures stacked):

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Maybe OP can post his source.

I think your questions are a bit above his expertise.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

BobAthome

I know that this is really stretching things, and probably has zero correlation but when I saw the pic of Ison (the one with just the blue coma), the shape within it instantly reminded me of this thread I made back in August.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

eriktheawful

cheesy

Arnie123

Actually, if it were some how able to sit still in space (resists the sun's gravity some how), and sat right in Earth's path, our planet would hit it at 66,610 Mph because that is how fast the Earth orbits the sun.

If you think C/2012 S1 ISON is fast now, wait until it whips around the sun. The sun's gravity will have accelerated it to a huge 425,000 Mph by November.

Let's not forget how fast the sun is orbiting the galaxy, and pulling earth with it, and how fast the galaxy is moving. We could be moving MUCH faster than that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join