It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Once Again Pushes Gun Control at Memorial of Naval Yard Killings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Never let a good crisis go to waste is what his middle name should be. I swear the President of the USSA is really trying to capitalize on these events. HE said we as a nation have to change. to prevent anymore of these kilings. SO once again the Communist in chief makes it a question of do you care enough to change? It may sound mean but no matter how many people die from these shooting i refuse to give my weapons up because of someone being killed.
edit on Sun Sep 22 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: ALL CAPS IN title

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

Do we care enough to change? Yes! We will be more vigilant of our surrounding and more aware and active against the anti 2nd Amendment crowd than ever.

Bluntly put they will NEVER take my personal weapons, ever. Didn't see any video on this, did he wipe away his tears too?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
First of all do not use the word communist when you clearly have no idea what it means. Second of all maybe it would not be to much to ask that crazy people with a history of shooting at people not be allowed to buy a gun.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

First of all do not use the word communist when you clearly have no idea what it means. Second of all maybe it would not be to much to ask that crazy people with a history of shooting at people not be allowed to buy a gun.

Who defines crazy? The crazies running the asylum?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

very well replied mate!

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Okay, Mr. president, whatever changes the focus from your latest abysmal failure as a leader.

Seriously though, I truly hope that no one is actually surprised by this guy politicizing YET another tragedy, because by now, we should all know that this is all this guy ever does, especially when he's shot down on another front, he "pivots" to a different subject in order to attempt to make himself look better than the fraud that he is.

I know that most, if not all, politicians do this type of thing, but Barack Obama is the 'Gregory Hines' of tap dancing himself out of trouble with the public.

If I wasn't utterly disgusted by his antics, I'd almost be able to appreciate how good he is at manipulating people and situations to his own benefit.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Removed post. my internet made me do a double post. Sorry. please remove this one mods.
edit on 13000000pppm by yuppa because: Opps. double post.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

MrSpad

The man got a gun while he was sane,and the first time it was labeled a accident when he shot a gun into his roof/floor of the neighbor above him. HE even reached out for help and was denied.

The fact is that Obama wants your guns so that you cannot protect yourself and your family when Obama crosses the line. And make no mistake, given the chance, Obama will cross into communist hell. Even Pravda calls Obama a Communist. What does it take for the good people of America to wake-up to Obama's scams?

YA hear that PRAVDA even calls him a communist!

freedomoutpost.com...

Yet more evidence of his communistic tendencies in the above link. Communist believe in a state where all are the same and everyone works for the common goal. It rarely turns out that way though.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Second of all maybe it would not be to much to ask that crazy people with a history of shooting at people not be allowed to buy a gun.

It's already illegal for "crazy people with a history of shooting at people" to own a gun. The "Navy Yard Shooting" was the direct result of current laws not being enforced properly. The same is true of the recent Chicago shootings.

Why do you, and Mr. Oblamer, seem to feel that more laws will help, when current laws aren't being properly enforced?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Like every president doesn't do the same thing to get what they want. If they didn't do it then they wouldn't be in the political game long.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Actually, No.... I don't recall many, if any Presidents doing quite the same low class pandering that this one does. No event is sacred, no occasion immune and no audience safe from his pandering for votes and personal agenda. Most Presidents have cared about looking Presidential. It's a whole persona thing that kinda goes with the Office ...until now. This has been like watching the Beverly Hillbillies gone to Washington.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Not really a surprise that 'Bama would use this tragedy to further an agenda. Say, how come when people get shot and us conspiracy-minded folks say "government-sponsored false flag" we get pilloried for being disrespectful of the victims and using them to advance our political ideas, but when the gun-grabbers do it, it's perfectly okeh? Hmmmm.

Speaking of conspiracies, I wonder how the Prez feels about his old stompin' grounds getting the dishonorable distinction of being the new U.S. murder capital? Part of me thinks that the uptick in shootings in that area has to be weighing on him personally, affecting his decision-making, which may be why there have been so many shootings there lately. Oh sure, it's "gang related," but we all know from watching the Middle East how outside forces can stir up factions against each other.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

MrSpad

Agree with the 1st part, and changing a law to make it more difficult to obtain a gun is fine, but its not going to prevent it. There are just too many thieves running around selling stolen guns. Immoral people who have a mind set o do something of this nature will find a way to do it, plain & simple.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Where on planet Earth are you guaranteed protection from all harm? Even in 'advanced' nations? How bigoted is that notion? What demented moral high ground does one need to secure so that sounds right? Has anyone even called the President out on that gem?

Those who want disarmament generally are unwilling to do for themselves. They want the government to mandate for their ideals, self responsibility be damned.

After all the guns are gone, once they realize badies are still out there, they will still continue expecting help from Uncle Sam. Some may realize then their personal safety was never an intent of the disarmament. Most won't get it. What will be the next 'common sense approach' the latter advocate for? The silence from above on that request will be deafening.

We have gun laws. Laws designed to protect people. How this dude ever got a gun, I have no clue. How come no one is talking this issue? Please don't mention the good folks who perished that day. No one doubts it's a tragedy. I am just deeply concerned about a vocal percentage of Americans who want the same people who brought you the current flawed system to implement even more useless draconian ineffectiveness.

Do you honestly believe that would turn out well? Or are you of the mind that obviously the new system will be flawless because of who wants it? The same folks in DC you are petitioning to make the world a better place are the same folks bringing you the NSA spying bonanza, drones flying over your city, bailed out banksters while millions are unemployed, childhood poverty rates which are shameful, an education system producing illiterate graduates, Congressmen who exempt themselves from the laws they subject you to, and absent 'representation' unless you are a wealthy multi-national corporation buttering their bread.

You like that stuff? You want more? Go ahead. Make gun "control" happen. You are blind.

new topics

top topics

join