More Martian strangeness,coin shaped object with markings photographed on Mars.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by GaryN

An interesting observation you make here. Whilst the ChemCam pics are on a rather small scale, and the object of interest we are generally discussing is certainly 'small' and 'odd', there is a highly attractive theory regarding electric discharge viz-a-vis Mars. Putting it simply, much of the cratering and channelling on Mars has been created by what is effectively lightening, or 'electric discharge'.

A good and interesting introductory video to the idea is available on YouTube:

The theory of an electrically machined surface on Mars is rapidly gaining adherents as closer attention is paid to the geological evidence on Mars. From the micro, such as weird vertical prominences and odd 'rocks' we sometimes see from the rovers on Mars, to unexplained channels. Even the suspicion that the northern hemisphere of mars has been badly effected by electrical discharge is a possibility.

The scattered rocks are not likely to be volcanic. Many will have suffered plasma heating and shock effects from a cosmic electric discharge. The holes in some of the rock surfaces may be plasma arc craters or they may be due to trapped gases being explosively released by hot plasma.

www.holoscience.com...

More information on the subject can be found at: 205.243.100.155...

Here's a cool example of the effect of lightening (electrical discharge) on Earth:

i0.wp.com... ite_1500_1-1.jpg

Does this look familiar to Mars' viewers? It should, as we can look to countless rover/MSL pics and see extremely similar objects. Now, to 100% say that the objects on Mars are caused by 'lightening' is not currently possible, - but it is an interesting change to our previous understandings.

Given this knowledge, it begins to meld with the possible truth that Mar's beings had the ability to harness rock and stone to create structures and mechanical parts - a crazy thought, but not yet negated by science.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Blister

Interesting theory. Fulgurites may certainly explain some of the unusual rocks seen on the rover images up to now. However, they're most likely not the reason for rocks displaying symmetries, straight lines and rectangular geometry found in various other images. I'm not even close to believing that even a combination of all the discussed geological processes could produce the many distinct features observed at Gale Crater so far.

The one thing that, IMO, comes closest to the sample discussed in the OP are the so-called blueberries, which have already been imaged en masse by Opportunity/MER-B. I see a certain resemblance there but it's difficult to make any assumptions as to what we're actually looking at ...

Spherical inclusions discovered by Opportunity on Sol 3247:

Source Image 1 / Source Image 2

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Blister

That`s very interesting I`ve never heard of that before.The pictures on the link do bear a similarity to the marks on that small rock.

Lichtenberg figures are now known to occur during electrical breakdown processes within gases, insulating liquids, and solid dielectrics. Lichtenberg figures may be created within billionths of a second (nanoseconds) when dielectrics are subjected to very high electrical stress, or they may develop over a period of years through a progressive series of small, low-energy, partial discharges. Countless partial discharges on the surface or interior of solid dielectrics often create growing, partially-conductive 2D surface Lichtenberg figures and internal 3D "electrical trees".

if I`m understanding that correctly Lichtenberg figures can be created inside of a rock, so you would only see it when the rock was broken. Even a tiny internal piece of the rock could have part of a 2D or 3D Lichenberg figure on it and the figure could be seen on that tiny piece when the rock is broken.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Please stop plugging your Electric Universe theory in every damn thread. Yes, we've heard that electricity runs the universe and is responsible for everything, from craters and ridges on moons and planets, to gravity and stars. No, it's not an attractive theory, as it aims to sweep under the rug hundreds of years' worth of science.

Back on topic, here's my own effort to use colours from the Mastcam image in the Chemcam image, with some additional contrast adjustment:

Looking closely, it appears to me as just a tiny pebble that has a pitted surface which was filled in with the dust.

It's also worth noting that some natural rock formations can look like fossils:

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

AmberLeaf
Come on guys, this rock thing is really getting old now!

Whats so interesting about this rock? Why are so many of you amazed with its existence?

Machined edges....LOL, interesting "object"...LOL could be a fossil...LOL

Are you lot looking at other pictures to that in the OP??? I cant see anything apart from a small stone/rock, surrounded by 6 other small rocks/stones.

i suppose you won't be able to see the manufactured artifact in this thread then.www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 23-9-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: added link,spelling

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse

AmberLeaf
Come on guys, this rock thing is really getting old now!

Whats so interesting about this rock? Why are so many of you amazed with its existence?

Machined edges....LOL, interesting "object"...LOL could be a fossil...LOL

Are you lot looking at other pictures to that in the OP??? I cant see anything apart from a small stone/rock, surrounded by 6 other small rocks/stones.

i suppose you won't be able to see the manufactured artifact in this thread then.www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 23-9-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: added link,spelling

Rocks with right angles occur naturally in nature. Rock sometimes breaks along natural lines of weakness (cleavage). In minerals it's the shape of the crystals that cause cleavage. In metamorphic rock, like slate, cleavage occurs along layering boundries of the sediments that compose the rock.

The most interesting rocks in the OPs pic are the rounded ones IMHO... those appear to be water worn.. like river rocks...
edit on 23-9-2013 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

mmmm I had a mint the other day, and when I took it out of my mouth and looked at it, it really looked like this image, are you sure this is not a close up of a mint???

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

No, it's not an attractive theory, as it aims to sweep under the rug hundreds of years' worth of science.

You mean hundreds of years of worthless science? Get with the times dude!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Yea I was going to say a shell, looks like it has patterns to it too, it was actually the first thing I have noticed.
Great find OP!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Hey! Were trying to find stuff here and now some pic's too!

Thanks 500 Times!

Hold on to your hat's, it's gonna get Crazy!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

Thank You 500 Times!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Are you lot looking at other pictures to that in the OP??? I cant see anything apart from a small stone/rock, surrounded by 6 other small rocks/stones!

The most interesting rocks in the OPs pic are the rounded ones IMHO... those appear to be water worn.. like river rocks...

That's what I was saying

And now the rock on the right that could be a shovel mixing up the rocks!

Some one once said that Mar's was hit By another planet long, long age!
Them rounded rocks had to be in
a river to have been like our rocks on Earth as in a riverbed.

Then again my Avatar picture of a rock I have in my hand was made by sedament and has no actually
images on it either. Go Figure!

Messed up on the Quote-ing; So Sorry!

edit on 23-9-2013 by infoseeker26754 because: Human Error!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

infoseeker26754

Are you lot looking at other pictures to that in the OP??? I cant see anything apart from a small stone/rock, surrounded by 6 other small rocks/stones!

I guess my response was a little confusing. I was responding to symptomoftheuniverse who was pimping his own thread.

That's what I was saying

And now the rock on the right that could be a shovel mixing up the rocks!

Some one once said that Mar's was hit By another planet long, long age!
Them rounded rocks had to be in
a river to have been like our rocks on Earth as in a riverbed.

Yep... I agree with you.

Then again my Avatar picture of a rock I have in my hand was made by sedament and has no actually
images on it either. Go Figure!

Your avatar pic seems to show a metamorphic rock. Metamorphs are formed by heat and pressure. Sedimentary rocks can become metamorphs after heat and pressure fuse the sediments together.

Messed up on the Quote-ing; So Sorry!

No worries.

In almost every pic from the surface of Mars there is visual evidence of water action/erosion in the rocks. Pretty amazing to me....
edit on 24-9-2013 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
TextText Purplereply to post by Tardacus

Are you positive this photo was not Photo Shopped? It looks like split Agate with crystals inside on one hand, on the other hand, through a strong magnifying glass, looks like a royal type of long blonde beach dude with a symbol of the Sun close to almost above his head like some kind of Apollo? coin.
I would love to believe these photo's are legitimate as there are so many similar even on the NASA Site. Most photo chop shopping looks too rea now so one can't be sure of anything. It's almost like THE ultimate conspiracy within itself except we all know human curiosity invented all manner of photo shopping which the earliest one I seen was done in the 1960's and done impressively at that.
However, I will not give reason as to why I believe that Mars is a lot more advanced and civilized than we will ever be told or shown.
Then again, I also believe every true Royal AND certain Vatican members know the truth and will continue hiding it until a regular lay person or group builds something amazing enough to find out hopefully in our life times.
Nice post. Thank you!

~Maybe Yesterday,Maybe Tomorrow~ J.J.R

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by StormyStars

That was my first impression also, (OMG someone photoshopped this picture and did a really bad job of it) that`s why I took a closer look at it. Then I remembered that I was looking at a raw image on the NASA site,and there were 3 more images of the same area with this anomaly.

I ran the picture through a photo editing webite and used a process called "blueprint" it is by no means scientific or even means anything but the result was interesting none the less.

fotoflexer.com...
It almost bears a resemblance to a flea .

edit on 24-9-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Your avatar pic seems to show a metamorphic rock. Metamorphs are formed by heat and pressure. Sedimentary rocks can become metamorphs after heat and pressure fuse the sediments together.

Igneous and metamorphic rock can also be created by electrical methods. Heating to molten temperatures can be caused by inductive heating, due to the dielectric properties of silicates, (you can do it in your microwave oven) while metamorphic rock can be produced by what is referred to as electro-magnetic pulse (EMP) shock metamorphosis. These are almost instantaneous processes.

LIGHTNING, DOWNED POWER LINE FORM INTRIGUING ROCK STRUCTURE IN DENTON, TEXAS
A quasi-fulgurite formation was created as a result of natural meteorologic and geologic processes coupled with electrical surges from a downed 7000 volt power line. This new structure, formed in a sandy clay topsoil, has characteristics of both metamorphic and igneous rocks

gsa.confex.com...

In almost every pic from the surface of Mars there is visual evidence of water action/erosion in the rocks. Pretty amazing to me....

Plasma flowing over a surface will cause what appear to be wind/erosion effects, as plasma will dissociate surface particles. This can give a sculpted appearance to the surface, something that is also seen in places on Earth.

It is an assumption to say that because rocks are rounded by water on Earth, they must be rounded by water on Mars. If the Martian pebbles are formed by electromagnetic processes, then it should be considered that the ones on Earth are also from electromagnetic processes, and I have the evidence to show that this is in fact so. No geologist can explain some of my photos of metamorphic rock 'growing' out of an igneous bedrock, or explain why many rounded pebbles, cobbles and boulders are found close to the upper extents of many fairly short rivers and creeks, where they have had no chance to tumble over long distances. This is from the upper levels of a creek in Indonesia. How long would it take to round those rocks?

Curiosity rover has a close up camera, lets try to see if those pebbles are really metamorphic, and go from there. I doubt they will give us the macro lens images.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

GaryN
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Igneous and metamorphic rock can also be created by electrical methods. Heating to molten temperatures can be caused by inductive heating, due to the dielectric properties of silicates, (you can do it in your microwave oven) while metamorphic rock can be produced by what is referred to as electro-magnetic pulse (EMP) shock metamorphosis. These are almost instantaneous processes.

I'm familiar with Fulgurites, they are classified as Mineraloids and are amorphous, not metamorphic or igneus.

LIGHTNING, DOWNED POWER LINE FORM INTRIGUING ROCK STRUCTURE IN DENTON, TEXAS
A quasi-fulgurite formation was created as a result of natural meteorologic and geologic processes coupled with electrical surges from a downed 7000 volt power line. This new structure, formed in a sandy clay topsoil, has characteristics of both metamorphic and igneous rocks

The terms metamorphic and igneus describe the way in which the rock was formed, not the characteristics of the rock.

Characteristics for rocks are hardness, lustre, color, crystal structure, streak and cleavage.

Plasma flowing over a surface will cause what appear to be wind/erosion effects, as plasma will dissociate surface particles. This can give a sculpted appearance to the surface, something that is also seen in places on Earth.

Ok...

It is an assumption to say that because rocks are rounded by water on Earth, they must be rounded by water on Mars. If the Martian pebbles are formed by electromagnetic processes, then it should be considered that the ones on Earth are also from electromagnetic processes, and I have the evidence to show that this is in fact so.

I'd love to see the evidence. I'm not saying you're wrong but I've never heard of such a thing.

No geologist can explain some of my photos of metamorphic rock 'growing' out of an igneous bedrock, or explain why many rounded pebbles, cobbles and boulders are found close to the upper extents of many fairly short rivers and creeks, where they have had no chance to tumble over long distances. This is from the upper levels of a creek in Indonesia. How long would it take to round those rocks?

I think you may be over-estimating the time/distance it takes to wear down a rock. The process doesn't take millions of years or even thousands... it can happen in a relatively short period of time... as little as several weeks.

Curiosity rover has a close up camera, lets try to see if those pebbles are really metamorphic, and go from there. I doubt they will give us the macro lens images.

It can be difficult to see if a rock is metamorphic, igneus or sedimentary... further testing might be needed.

I have to go with the most reasonable explanation for these rocks which is that they are water worn. Just like here on Earth.... but I'm not going to rule out electrical influences either... just not the kind you are talking about.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Okay you 2. Thank's for the info. Now we know they sold rock tumblers on Mar's long ago!

It seems one can say that water was on Mar's and Ice on the cap's would add to that fact.
Earth as we know it was a Ice Ball back in the day and still had life under the ice
so anything is possible on Mar's.

Air? Does not Mar's have a thin layer of air somewhat? So melt the ice caps and it's a start. or will
that work?
So what is up with the black rock now? Someone cropped it you say? Just consider that they
have rock's now, no way of sending them back here to Earth to smash to bit's.
Or have they already?

What happened to Mar's anyway? Was it hit by another planet, or did something else cause
it's death? It sit's in the Belt Of Love so it has all it needed to be somewhat like Earth. Could the core
have stopped spinning? Surly the Martain's did not blow it up, or did they?

Even here on Earth there has been War's even before the ape's became man; seeding a planet
could have been done to Earth long ago! Say we get to Mar's. What will we do? Seed it with life from
Earth.

Actually I'm starting to wonder what they found here on Earth and Mar's to go all out on this one.
There are thing's here on Earth that no one can explain who built it better then what we can do
now.

I just find it strange that at any given time WW3 can happen anytime and we do nothing about it,
only the Mar's hype is in full force! The other 2 rover's are still going and have been we were just not
told about it.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

TextText Purple

lol! I really did not think it photo shopped but had to ask anyway. You know some would've asked and I wanted that part over with fast a.p lol!
Noooow in the blue like that, I do not see anything flea like,, though that could potentially prove the was/is life on Mars which N.A.S.A, I'm quite certain, can not let people over consider but I still believe there was/is anyway.
No, in the blueness like that, I think it resembles Zeus, Poseidon and even some paintings of the,er, Christian God.
What if Martians were the E.T's that were inspiration for all of the depictions of ALL the Greek Gods and Goddesses? What if they were the inspirations of ALL religions including Christianity?
I am a total geek lol! Not Christian however so maybe I am seeing in the design what Christian wouldn't admit to seeing because, well, they're Christian so that may contradict ideas of creationism in a sense for them?
I watch a lot of A.A documentaries among other documentaries such as the Atlantean ones.
I love most documentaries so maybe my imagination has expanded a lot? But I see what I see.
Thank you again for this amazing and wonderful post

~Maybe Yesterday, Maybe Tomorrow~ J.J.R

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I have been researching martian rocks for some time now. And have posted some of the strange ones on my blog at WooIsWoo.com

Those who are interested in these new latest pictures may visit WooIsWoo and post your comments.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join