It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You've fled from Africa and made it to southern Europe - NOW WHAT????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I have a survival scenario for you AGAIN.... (this is based on actual events)

Okay you've grown up in Africa in a region that isn't safe. To avoid the threat of being killed you join a small group that takes a boat across the mediteranian sea to Greece. Your boat is apprehended by the Greek authorities.

You're taken in, documented and then just told, "okay thanks for coming now you're free to go".

So you've made it to Greece!!!

But you have no skills, you can barely speak English, your friends have dispersed and you don't know anyone. You're on your own. All you have at this point is the clothes on your back. And the locals are very adverse to foreigners so the odds of any of them helping you are not great, as there's tons of people just like you fresh off the boats that are also on the street.

You spend your first night in Athens Greece sleeping in a local park

What do you do to survive and start to build a life???

edit on 22-9-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
walk upto women and say "oraya vija" until you get arrested would be a good start as you'll get fed and somewhere to sleep in a police cell

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
start claiming money and a lifestyle you dont deserve.
if anyone complains, call them a racist.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

One might try to learn Greek, and forget about the little English they might speak.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Was going to say being barely able to speak English in Greece would be no problem really, especially if you were fluent in Greek.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

what are you gonna do with a little bit of greek. I'd rather know english... ha ha.

but watching that documentary got me thinking a lot. I was like hmmmm what would I do??? That would be tricky.

I don't think it would be that hard though. Greece has all kinds of stuff from lots of fruits and veggies growing around, to fishing, and other stuff. I think I'd try and focus on getting my basic needs met. After that focus on a simple business like buy some water bottles put them in a water cooler, and go to an area where there's lots of tourists. And sell them. Keep doing that for a while, and saving the money. With that money use it to start some other small businesses. Eventually try and buy documents so that you can show you're someone with papers of some sort. With that maybe it would help in some ways such as getting job, traveling, etc etc.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

fenian8

Was going to say being barely able to speak English in Greece would be no problem really, especially if you were fluent in Greek.

no more people speak english in greece than greek

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Guess I'd have to hook up with a Greecey sugar mama.
At least til I learned something about cars and landed a job as a Greece monkey.
edit on 22-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Reminds me of an episode of Stranded with Cash Peters en.wikipedia.org...

Step 1: Get a job.

Step 2: Make a friend.

Step 3: Stay optimistic and make people laugh (with you, not at you).

Step 3: Tell friends your sad life story.

Step 4: Get one to set up a crowd-sourcing scheme to raise enough money for you to go wherever you want.

Step 5: Become familiar with Athens:

(Source: Wikipedia, Athens entry)
edit on 22-9-2013 by MysteriousHusky because: athens

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Though Wikipedia disagrees, I honestly wouldn't know. I've never been there, so I reckon it's all Greek to me.

I have lived in Spain though, and I know that English was only good for a laugh when trying to speak to most Spaniards. That was in the late 60s', so that may have changed by now.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

spartacus699

fenian8

OK

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Set my sights on the managers position at a Jiffy Lube and spend my life wallowing in Greece.
edit on 22-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
First Id dissociate myself from the other "boat people" and instead present myself as a gentleman instead of a refugee. Walking upright and with some dignity and smiling at the locals is important. I`d do that instead of acting like a downtrodden victim. Appearance influences peoples perception of me.

My first stop would be at campaign grounds to get a shower and get my clothes cleaned. Second stop would be to get any odd job or temp job. Third step would be to buy clean clothes so that I get better jobs. Id build a reputation as a reliable work person and collect good reports about my work. With better jobs Id then get an apartment. And from there on and upwards, slowly but surely.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I'd find the nearest left wing/anarchist/hippy and join the fight against the small minded bigotted fascist golden dawn.

rom there the revolution continues and spreads across thw world until the planet is a safe and happy place and there are no more territories but the planet is united and full of caring sharing people. Everyone is free to go where they want and everyone is fed and no one is poor or discriminated against.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Great scenario and very plausible.

The first night on a park bench is probably the best one can hope for right off the blocks. It still comes down to water, food, and shelter(includes security). Longer term I would be looking for employment and community.

I suppose Day two would be spent seeking possible community and food/water. It's Greece and the park bench, while unsecured, is most likely warm and dry.

Unfortunately Greece is not a 'land of plenty' right now unless you are looking for a 'land of plenty of problems'.

Without more specifics, that is about as detailed as I can go.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I'll probably have to get my hands dirty a bit, minor theft and burglary...Not so much as money, since I don't know the language I wouldn't understand the currency...But more so on food, clothing and odd end items.
I'll take residence up near a lake or river and use whatever knowledge I brought with me.
Ban together with some people in the same situation and see how it turns out.
Eventually I'll pick up things and sooner or later I'll get things down.
I become a crime lord eventually. Soon I knock out all the other operations and take over the city.
My operation expands across Greece and next thing the Gov is in my pocket.
I continue to expand my influence, eventually becoming the "Savior" of Greece and pulling the country out of debt.
With the countries total backing, I lean towards progression and soon start expand the sphere of influence in the region and one by one start knocking off the EU countries, one after the other....
30 years later....
I sit in my palace on the moon, all built in gold. I just mastered stargate technology and on my way to mining the asteroids.
10 years later....
I find ancient Stargates and utilize them, thus turning my empire into a military space faring civilization.
20 years later....
I have conquered my first solar system and looting rich data from the defeated I find Immortality, thus I begin my conquest of the Milky way.
500,000 years later....
I own the milky way...but I won't stop there, my thirst grows, my hunger unstaved, I look into the inky black realms of extra-galactic space and set my sights on other galaxies.....

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
this event would turn you into an African grease ball you know that right?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Arnie123

Good plan but i give it a C- on its ambitiousness. Just not quite there. I say the galaxy in 5 years or your slacking.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
lol, great thread! I love this survival types. Yeah the galaxy in 5 years? we all can't be you!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I think I'd just find some warm beach area and just live off the land. I'd become a hermit. I'd eat whatever I could find. I'd build a small shelter. And I'd just retire in the warm weather.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join