It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underwater Military Bases

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MarsSentinel

I appreciate the comparatively in-depth reply. Thank you.

Please note that I am not "wanting" there to be under water bases, but rather I have suggested the possibility of their existence and practicality.

Trust me, I too have difficulty picturing a 7800ton submarine docking to an underwater facility. None the less, the OP has presented some information that can be discussed logically and rationally.

I would suggest that it would be ignorant of anyone within the current armed forces to irrefutably say that "X" project does not exist, unless they at the top echelons of command.

I am sure many thought that Groom lake or the Black Bird projects were fantasy at one time or the other...
edit on 23-9-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

MarsSentinel

MDDoxs
reply to post by MarsSentinel

Care to offer some constructive insight?

THanks buddy
edit on 23-9-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

It is a logical fallacy to think you can say anything at all about anything outside of your knowledge. In other words - it's pretty lame to try to claim that there isn't or cannot be any particular thing (outside of fantastical, impossible stuff).

You can only say that you haven't seen a particular thing yourself, and never that it doesn't exist because, hell, you probably just didn't see it.

Gorillas were fantastical (unreal) animals for virtually all of human history. All the way up until someone finally went into the jungle and came back with some actual evidence. Of course, immediately all the scientists were like, "Oh I suspected that all along." which is a lie.

But that said - I have been to most of our submarine bases. I have seen most of our submarines. I am aware of all the classes of boats we have, as well as the individual hulls. There just aint no underwater bases because there aint no boats that could go to one or dock at one. We just don't have that capability. Hell you can see the boats. And hundreds of people work on them during construction and maintenance. HUndreds. The details of their capabilities are not really all that secret.

Only people with ZERO actual expereince inside the system think stuff like this underwater base nonsense are real.

It's easy to imagine that the military guys have all sorts of secret hi tech stuff. We are constantly told lies about the crazy hi-tech capabilities of Black Programs. But it's mostly bogus hype by ignorant people or trolls or people who want you to think they are more capable than they really are.

I can tell you this - NSA is absolutely freaking JAZZED about all this Snowden stuff because it makes them look like all-knowing GODS, which they aint.

So, I don't know why you WANT there to be secret underwater bases, but the fact is, as far as I can tell and I am what you would call an "insider" - there aint.

And yet you're *so* open to new things. You must be a hell of a guy at a party. A real humdinger, if you ask me.

So, anything else you want to simply "wave your hand" and declare null and void, with no other claim than "well, I've been there, I've seen it, it ain't there, ayup!"...

I mean, dear lord...say you honestly don't agree. Cool. Come up with a few reasons why. Even cooler. But be an asshat about it?

Not so frakking cool. Catch my drift ?

- SN

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Matter of fact, "MarsSentinel", why even *bother* posting to this topic at all ? You've had nothing constructive at all to say. Nothing in the least.

I mean, cool, come back with something that will ring true to a logical mind. "There ain't no undersea basis, cuz I says so..." Not so much...

- SN

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

spacemovie
reply to post by SadistNocturne

perhaps something like this. Some people think there's more to AUTEC than meets the eye.

www.navsea.navy.mil...

I've gotta admit, I'm crap at wading through military and gov't acronyms...can you give me a synopsis ?

Last time I encountered so many acronyms, it was a meeting I was in at the DOD..I felt like a needed a frakking lexicon just to keep up with the discussion...poor me

- SN

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sacri

Someone said something about Afganistan, now I cannot find it...

But the mention of Afganistan (by someone, not necessarily you) and the idea that underwater bases could be linked with subterranian tunnels, brings me to raise this point:

From a military perspective, the Himalayas are awesome fortification, especialy if you can dig tunnels. I think that tunnel digging is easy and that extensive tunnel systems are a fair logistical possibility/reality. I would therefore propose that if one wanted to get ones machinery into the Himalayas, one might choose the steppes of Afganistan to do it...

Off topic I know!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

MarsSentinel
It is a logical fallacy to think you can say anything at all about anything outside of your knowledge. In other words - it's pretty lame to try to claim that there isn't or cannot be any particular thing (outside of fantastical, impossible stuff).

You can only say that you haven't seen a particular thing yourself, and never that it doesn't exist because, hell, you probably just didn't see it.

Gorillas were fantastical (unreal) animals for virtually all of human history. All the way up until someone finally went into the jungle and came back with some actual evidence. Of course, immediately all the scientists were like, "Oh I suspected that all along." which is a lie.

But that said - I have been to most of our submarine bases. I have seen most of our submarines. I am aware of all the classes of boats we have, as well as the individual hulls. There just aint no underwater bases because there aint no boats that could go to one or dock at one. We just don't have that capability. Hell you can see the boats. And hundreds of people work on them during construction and maintenance. HUndreds. The details of their capabilities are not really all that secret.

Only people with ZERO actual expereince inside the system think stuff like this underwater base nonsense are real.

It's easy to imagine that the military guys have all sorts of secret hi tech stuff. We are constantly told lies about the crazy hi-tech capabilities of Black Programs. But it's mostly bogus hype by ignorant people or trolls or people who want you to think they are more capable than they really are.

I can tell you this - NSA is absolutely freaking JAZZED about all this Snowden stuff because it makes them look like all-knowing GODS, which they aint.

So, I don't know why you WANT there to be secret underwater bases, but the fact is, as far as I can tell and I am what you would call an "insider" - there aint.

I find it rather odd that you spend the first half of your post, quite rightly, pointing out that it's a logical fallacy to say "I'm certain that doesn't exist" unless you know / have seen everything.... and then you spend the second half of your post saying.... "...however, I've seen a lot of stuff, and so I say I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist."

Just because you've seen a lot of stuff, doesn't mean you've seen it all. Perhaps, if these exist, they're highly classified. If OP's story is true, as told by the friend, there is an indication of that. And unless you had high enough clearance...

... you get where I'm coming from?

Personally, I think this is a really interesting and cool idea. And I do sorta hope it's true. The UFO angle is interesting. But in terms of military strategy / defense, it could be a pretty valuable thing. Certainly not implausible from a technology standpoint. And if it's possible, technologically, why wouldn't it be true? Does that sound like the military you know, to any of you?

"Oh, here's this concept that's technologically possible, and could give us a huge advantage in defense / war, but let's not and say we did..."

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Right I see some do not believe that there could be such structures, well here is a cold war plan that may have seen some form of realisation, logically why not have a hidden base were your sub's are safe and you can deploy and develop new technology out of sight of the spy satellites.

medium.com...

And here is another thread by Johnlear www.abovetopsecret.com...

When you rattle a few cage's with these sort of questions there is a apparachnic that set's about trying to debunk, though sometimes they are really just debunking because they believe it to be wrong.

Cold war and even second world war designes though not implemented in WW2 included submersible Air Craft carrier's which would have been basically giant submarines though Ballistic missile boat's more or less covered that and missile destroyer's topped it off, these day's Aircraft carriers are more of a intimidation tool usefull against third rate military power's but not really cutting edge, still imagine a base rising mid pacific with sea water streaming from the runway and planes comming up from hatches cool but not practicle, still shock and awe.

The russians did have underground submarine bases and the chinese are rumoured to have underwater access tunnels to underground bases so why not america and for that matter why not have mobile underwater facility's in the case of there land based facilitys being knocked out in a limited exchange it would be only logical policy to build and maintain these type of capabillity's.

edit on 23-9-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by f4andHALFtoads

There are other submarine pens in Norway too - The Germans had an installation in Trondheim (DORA-1 en.wikipedia.org...), but that was at sea level. Today, it's a nightclub.

It would be possible for a submarine to dock with a diving bell hanging from a surface vessel. That would be a really simple way of concealing the transfer of staff to and from a submarine. That's done in emergencies.

It would make a great sci-fi plot to have an underwater submarine base. There are types of concrete that harden underwater, normally used for oil construction, and there are submersible vehicles and diving suits that allow humans to do that kind of underwater construction.

But to construct a complete base? Either you build a tunnel out from the land - if the cross-channel tunnel (30+ km) is possible, then any distance is possible. In that way, all a submarine pen would be is some extra wide tunnel segments.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Years ago when I was in the military I met guys who were in the navy who loaded ships with tons upon tons of brand new construction materials ;for ports globally , however they said the ships would return in only a couple days, realizing that it took at least a day or two to load and unload shipments, so one guy did some asking around and no port existed so close as to allow the ships he loaded to unload in the short timeframe he and a friend observed. Eventually he found out they were dumping the stuff in the ocean.
You just might just find out someday what all lies beneath us , but for now we'll have to settle with lies and poverty and dumb ideas.
Read the time machine , the morlocks have made it to the surface! Lol?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

SadistNocturne

My friend went on to tell me that he thinks there is a high chance we have underwater military bases, and that he was part of a team at that time to perform staff rotation on one particular underwater military base.

I just thought this was rather interesting. I'd always heard about D.U.M.B's, but never underwater military bases.

- SN

not to read too much into your post, however how can your friend "think" there is a high chance we have underwater bases when you go on to say that he was part of a team to perform staff rotation on one?. not devalidating your claim I'm just pointing out that contradictory point. It is if like I said I killed bigfoot and that I "think" there is a high chance that bigfoot exists. That is all.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
If it's a fact that we have underwater bases (AUTEC), then I don't see how it would be much harder to incorporate a way for subs to dock. Interestingly, there was a thread here about AUTEC, and out popped multiple people who said they had worked there. They said basically, 'nothing to see there, it's miserable with the mosquitos, etc etc' (because people were saying 'oh oh I would work security there, cool!'). Well, a FB page with ex-inhabitants of Andros Island couldn't say enough good things about it. Comments about how beautiful it was, how great it was, fun times, yada yada. Zero comments about 'I don't miss those millions of mosquitos though!', or anything negative. I thought that was kinda interesting, or should I say, the shills came out quick in that thread.

I worked in the hospitality industry a few years back and had some guy say he worked for a company called Applied Ultrasonics. I go "that name sounds so familier!" (the ultrasonic part sounded familier lol). Long story short, he mentioned something about the Bahamas and I go "OH AUTEC!!". He wouldn't/couldn't talk about anything, but his body language and reluctance to say anything told me he knew what I was talking about. All he would say is that business is booming in the Bahamas. Are there more underwater bases besides AUTEC there? We'd be stupid to think otherwise.

Just found this: "The US Navy uses UIT (ultrasonic impact treatment) to address cracked areas in certain aluminum decks. Without UIT, crack repairs resulted in almost immediate re-cracking. With UIT, repairs have shown to last over eight months without cracks."

Certain aluminum decks in certain underwater bases?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

SadistNocturne

I just thought this was rather interesting. I'd always heard about D.U.M.B's, but never underwater military bases.

Could you give the definition of a D.U.M.B. ?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Can't trust submariners, man. Being underway for any long period of time (a week is not long, by any means) makes people go a little crazy. I'm sure he really thought they were docked. But I'm also sure that if it were a secret underwater base, they probably wouldn't announce their arrival on the 1MC.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Interesting story. If such a thing exists, it's likely going to be near an undersea communications cable. It would be a fairly secure means to issue new orders and obtain intel without having to return to port, etc.

Other than that, the means exist to dock to other subs. Outside of my domain, but I've heard of it. Supposedly it's reserved for rescue scenarios, but if reliable enough I could see them exchanging key personnel or whatever.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Here is an older thread where the discussion has been covered.
It may have some Information you all are interested in;

under water bases

A search provides dozens of threads discussing this subject.

edit on 23-9-2013 by ADVISOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
me thinks aliens done it first

we are copycats

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Been a submariner i would say this is not true. You cant fly them around like a air plane and land on a dime. So to dock with a underwater facility would be nails. And everyone on board knows what you are doing more so for safety as that's the main priority. The sea is a cruel mistress.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

There are suspected underground sub bases in USA - means openings where a sub can hide under land.

They must be having some means of docking with a submerged sub and change of crew.

This story sounds believable.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sneeze100

'Docked' is a wrong word. Can the boat pass through an underground tunnel and reach a dock, say under a mountain?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

GargIndia
reply to post by sneeze100

'Docked' is a wrong word. Can the boat pass through an underground tunnel and reach a dock, say under a mountain?

--
I would say Docked would be the correct word, seeing as how its still going to be a dry dock under the mountain...far as I know of...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join