It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underwater Military Bases

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SadistNocturne

I have never seen evidence of underwater bases. But if marine biologists got the technology to have a few of them here and there (granted, they are rather small). I dont see how the military should not be able to have underwater bases that are potentially bigger than we could imagine. (let the hunt begin!)

Not telling us about them probably isnt much of a conspiracy, but telling people about them would incluede potential enemies, which would be a no no. I see the reason in that at least.

Bottomline. Why wouldnt various military installations be located under water? God knows we have the technology and ressources to construct them. And being under water is one of the best hideouts I could think of. My guess is that there are several of these and boy would I love to see one!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

OP, I'm probably going to sound like an idiot for asking ...but given how secretive and 'silent' the "Silent Service" tends to be, I won't feel too bad. Do submariners on modern submarines not have a general awareness of their position in the world? Obviously, in decades past, such information would have been a pain in the butt just to pass along, if no other concern existed about it. These days though?

Or is that just the movie version of what life on a modern sub is like?

I'm just wondering what Ocean and area, if he knew? Even a ballpark idea? A week travel makes for a big big circle of uncertainty...but 400 foot of depth narrows it considerably.

As I have never been on a submarine, I cannot begin to answer your question. I can only state what I was told.

- SN

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
If an underwater military base was a permanent fixture on the sea floor, I believe that a single piece of infracture would be essential. A power system.

1) Nuclear powered. Similar to current nuclear powered submarines, an underwater base would require a reactor to generate electricity and allow for the production of oxygen.

or

2) Tethered to Shore or a support vessel. The latter being less likely, as you would have a conspicuous ship never moving, while a tether from the shore that delivers power would be probably the most cost effect. Easier to just lay a power cable from shore out to the facility.

I to believe that a under water military/naval base is not beyond the realm of possibility and in fact has many practical advantages.

Ofcourse this all is predicated on the type of infrastructure in place.

SeaQuest anyone?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I totally agree with what the vast majority of you are saying.

But keep in mind, I shared this "story" (as it was told to me) simply because I thought it was interesting. I had never really given it thought before, and had never really heard of it before.

I absolutely believe what this person told me, but even they said they weren't violating the TS agreement because it wasn't information they were given, or came across, it was merely their observations and assumptions, simply putting 2+2 together and coming up with something far greater in their opinion.

Now, I can imagine that the TS agreement covers observations and assumptions, but hey, it's still an interesting story !

- SN

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
There are secret sub docks in big rivers. I used to work in a place that had one. You couldn't get a boomer in there but it would hold an attack sub. At one time, it was a big annual deal when the sub went up the river to dock in the mystery submarine facility, back in the 50s. But as the years went by, they quit covering it. The subs came in anyway. We had a big fab facility to make parts and stocked a lot of stuff for them, had big diesels to provide shore power, and secure comm facilities.

I could easily see something like this.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

miniatus
I can totally believe underwater military bases exist.. and if they don't I'd be surprised because it makes perfect sense, it also makes them extremely difficult to detect, it protects them from satellite imaging and it also makes them extremely difficult to attack with conventional weapons.. We'd be fools if we didn't have bases like that.

I agree!!! Enjoy a Star!

- SN

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

AmberLeaf
Its true, i went to one myself a few years back, i cant say much more other than yes they are real and some are much deeper than 400ft.

Ok, this is the second time I've read your post.

I mean absolutely no disrespect, truly I don't...and I realize there's no way I can ask this without it coming across as such, but how can you hope to sound like a loon by stating that you've been to one, in a public forum, and not offer anything else up ?

I just can't help but think that if I were in your shoes Id think "Gee someone else has experienced what I've experienced, cool...but I'm sure as hell not going to offer anything additional because of X, so, why offer up anything at all?"

Just curious...truly just curious...

- SN

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Bedlam
There are secret sub docks in big rivers. I used to work in a place that had one. You couldn't get a boomer in there but it would hold an attack sub. At one time, it was a big annual deal when the sub went up the river to dock in the mystery submarine facility, back in the 50s. But as the years went by, they quit covering it. The subs came in anyway. We had a big fab facility to make parts and stocked a lot of stuff for them, had big diesels to provide shore power, and secure comm facilities.

I could easily see something like this.

Thanks for the additional input, it makes it all the more interesting...

- SN

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

An underwater base and development of more over time would sure explain the seeming lack of importance placed on the world wide SOSUS nets these days. It would also explain why, in some cases, when the public asks and rightly expects the Navy to have an answer to an underwater question of noise or whatever a story is covering? They are dumb as a post and silent as a mute.

They'd have to be..wouldn't they? Just how do you explain to the public that the budgets which, Navy-wise, account for almost every dollar ...and not enough left to hide THIS...allow this to be built in the first place? Ahh... Off budget spending and "that agency doesn't exist" spending ..which isn't supposed to happen. What a tangled web we weave, eh?

You know the thing that always blows me off my chair with this stuff? The people who would care least in any USEFUL way (The public)...are the ones it's held secret from at all costs. Those who DO care the most (Russia or other Naval powers), likely had blueprints of a thing like this before it was even completed. Go figure the sense security makes sometimes.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
If i rember right. there is a china underwater sub base about 60 miles off the coast of florida. do some searching im sure you will be able to find it. So your answer is a very strong yes that its definitely possible

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I never asked if it was possible...

I merely asked what others had for input in the topic.

-SN

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Though I can not find direct reference to the WW2 underwater german Submarine pen's as I recall they were connected via a air lock system from subteranean facilitys such as Heligoland and were just offshore of the island but most of there pens were on the water line, still here is an interesting video showing the destruction of Heligoland, believe it or not after the war the people whom lived there returned and rebuilt though a third of the island was vertually no more and the surface look's like a moonscape, a very green moonscape these day's.
www.britishpathe.com...
There were vast underground facility's on the island that extended well below the water line, also Doernitze in 1939 announced that a new paradise had been discovered for the reich in relation to German naval exploration of antarctica, supposedly they found a passage kept clear by thermal springs to a natural ice dome under the ice sheet that they could use for there naval purposes (Doernitze reference to a paradise was from a admirals point of view) and later in 1947 admiral bird took the now infamous operation high jump mission to antarctice (A heavily armed battle group with an aircraft carrier, marines, destroyer's and at least one submarine), there were some claims that many casualtys of fighting occured and while the UFOLOGISTS have siezed upon it, it is more likely that the nazi's had smuggled scientists and treasure and/or research material there to continue there war effort but operation paperclip had revealed this, over 6 months after the task force returned from antarctica a seismic event (possible a nuclear explosion below the ice) occured in antarctica, weather this meant they destroyed what they had seized or attemtped to seize or is a matter of pure conjecture but there is a wealth of information on operation high jump.

not the most reputable page but her is one site.
www.examiner.com...
www.godlikeproductions.com...

Here is a russian documentary (Subtitled) that covers the conspiracy view of operation highjump. (Did hitler survive the war ?)
www.youtube.com...
The truth is out there as mulder and scully might say.

There have been many Submerged wrecks that have achieved neutral boyancy (not all ship's that sink go streight to the bottom), this is most likely to occure in the case of a capsized vessel were the air trapped in the overturned hull maintain's a level of boyancy sufficiant to keep the ship from going any deeper, now this is natural and navy and coast guards often have to sink these objects as they can pose a risk to other ships, though a underwater base would (if deep) have to have external pressure door's (if it was a true pen not a simple umbilitcal dock) to allow the atmospheric pressure of the pen to be equalised to the pressure of the air in the submarine or the crew upon opening the hatch would need a barometric chamber to adjust and that would be a delay for crew transferre or cargo/supply transferre.

I have seen inflatabel underwater structures but they need tethering and would seem to be too flimsy for military use.
edit on 23-9-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
A rather interesting read OP. I have always wondered why people working on subs need a TS clearance, its the same here in Australia, as far as I am concerned.

To the poster who said he would have had to return to the kitchen, I don't believe that he would have to work all day. I know the cooks we had with us In Afghanistan worked three different time slots, and in between meals could do as they please.

I like to the alien side of this conspiracy, as reports of UFOS flying out of the ocean can be found. Imagine the possibilities, and we are working with them deep underwater.

The Mind boggles when you expand it and imagine all the different angles to this story being true

Namaste

~sacri~

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

SadistNocturne

Anyone have anything they can add to this ?

- SN

I do.

I worked submarines for over 30 years.

This is bogus.

End.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MarsSentinel

Are you suggesting that it's not possible or it doesn't exist?

Additionally, you must have one hell of a service record or security clearance to have sufficient insight to dismiss this entire thread with a single flick of your digital hand.

Care to offer some constructive insight?

THanks buddy
edit on 23-9-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

perhaps something like this. Some people think there's more to AUTEC than meets the eye.

www.navsea.navy.mil...

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Are they linked to subterranian tunnels?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

MDDoxs
reply to post by MarsSentinel

Care to offer some constructive insight?

THanks buddy
edit on 23-9-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

It is a logical fallacy to think you can say anything at all about anything outside of your knowledge. In other words - it's pretty lame to try to claim that there isn't or cannot be any particular thing (outside of fantastical, impossible stuff).

You can only say that you haven't seen a particular thing yourself, and never that it doesn't exist because, hell, you probably just didn't see it.

Gorillas were fantastical (unreal) animals for virtually all of human history. All the way up until someone finally went into the jungle and came back with some actual evidence. Of course, immediately all the scientists were like, "Oh I suspected that all along." which is a lie.

But that said - I have been to most of our submarine bases. I have seen most of our submarines. I am aware of all the classes of boats we have, as well as the individual hulls. There just aint no underwater bases because there aint no boats that could go to one or dock at one. We just don't have that capability. Hell you can see the boats. And hundreds of people work on them during construction and maintenance. HUndreds. The details of their capabilities are not really all that secret.

Only people with ZERO actual expereince inside the system think stuff like this underwater base nonsense are real.

It's easy to imagine that the military guys have all sorts of secret hi tech stuff. We are constantly told lies about the crazy hi-tech capabilities of Black Programs. But it's mostly bogus hype by ignorant people or trolls or people who want you to think they are more capable than they really are.

I can tell you this - NSA is absolutely freaking JAZZED about all this Snowden stuff because it makes them look like all-knowing GODS, which they aint.

So, I don't know why you WANT there to be secret underwater bases, but the fact is, as far as I can tell and I am what you would call an "insider" - there aint.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by needlenight

What if they were connected to the underground tunnels?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

MarsSentinel
I do.

I worked submarines for over 30 years.

This is bogus.

End.

Well, goodbye then!

Ciao

- SN

new topics

top topics