It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beoing Airborne Laser

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Here is a short blurb on the successful test firing of Boeing's Airborne AntiMissle Airborne Laser.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

If you consider the obstacles involved in developing such a thing it's an impressive achievement, although I'm led to believe that the thing is already developed and this is just a smoke screen.

I was at an Air Force conference in Washington DC in the Fall of 1996(?) and they had some pretty large booths showing this thing off. I hope in almost 10 years they were able to get it past where they claim it is now.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Whoah. Ten years? I'm suprised they aren't done yet. How difficult can it be to mount a laser onto an aircraft, mount something on the laser to keep it cool and place power generator on the aircraft capable of powering the thing? I mean, I know we have low powered lasers n what not, why is it made so much more difficult when the laser is produced larger and placed on a turret?

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The u.s. has already built this aircraft, I even saw them fly it on a show

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Actually it achieved "first light" which means they powered up for a fraction of a second. I doubt that its only 10 years away. The funding long term is iffy and could be cut at any time. Assuming funding is avalible and no technolgy issues crop up, you may get close to that time frame, but thats in theory.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by BirdsEyeView
The u.s. has already built this aircraft, I even saw them fly it on a show

Of course its built! its not a new aircraft, just a modified boeing 747.

and its way harder then you think SkyFox2, its a chemical laser, so it needs a lot of room, their biggest problem is was shrinking the laser so it was still powerfull enough to shoot scuds out of the sky, while being a couple hundred miles away, and they had to cram all of the equiptment into a plane.

oh, and BTW, this has allready being posted, you probably missed it because it didn't have as good of a subject topic.

allready posted

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
i mean't the modfied 747.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Yes, I too have seen the Modified Boeing 747-400 with the modifications.

I have seen pictures of it outside the hanger, and I know it is real, due to the quality of the photo and that it does not look photoshopped, and it came from NASA.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Yes, I too have seen the Modified Boeing 747-400 with the modifications.

I have seen pictures of it outside the hanger, and I know it is real, due to the quality of the photo and that it does not look photoshopped, and it came from NASA.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
There are also pictures of it on Boeings website, which I'm sure aren't fake.

www.boeing.com...

To clarify, I would bet that they have an operational system already versus a really really heavy 747. The aircraft has been on the block for 10 years, not it's 10 years away. 2 words, reading comprehension.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Yah it flew from Wichita, KS not far from where i live. The YAL-1 I think is its name. Isn't it a chemical laser??? like carbondioxide or hydrochloride maybe...hmmmm

[edit on 14-11-2004 by P_38lightning]

top topics

join