It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grand Theft Auto V Torture Scene

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
One issue that has spurred lots of controversy about Grand Theft Auto V is a torture scene featured in the game. I've noticed throughout the GTA series that Rockstar has tried to expose the wrongdoings of the U.S. government or corporations. One of my favorites is the Cluckin Bell commercials on the radio that play in San Andreas, where honest Cluckin Bell workers tell how the food is made and where it comes from.

I feel the torture scene in GTAV sticks out the most out of moment Rockstar has created that fight against the misconduct of the elite. This moment is sensible; it isn't listening to a commercial on the radio. You feel the victim being tortured. And, it makes players realize this is what the U.S. government does. You are playing as a sadistic psychopath when you are torturing the victim; does that not tell you that the U.S. government isn't much different?

Banning this is like banning a controversial book. The torture scene in the game is necessary for Rockstar to get their point across to the players. I don't even think you can skip it, which is a very bold step for Rockstar. They are really trying to wake up the players with this release, I believe. However, I feel that most people playing are apathetic anyways and could care less about what the government is doing because they are unwilling to stand up for what they believe. Overall, I must thank Rockstar for placing this torture scene in the game, even though most people will not fight against the evils of the government either way. :|

If you want to see the gameplay, look it up on YouTube because it is 18+ content, I'm pretty sure.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by catswithbigpaws

how about a link?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I haven't been into video games in close to 20 years. But the GTA games are really fun. other than that, playing Wii with my kids is about it. I might buy a game system JUST to play this game, and the fourth, left off at San Andreas. That was ages ago..lol

this game isn't near as bad as the other options out there. Much worse first person shooters out there.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

As Grand Theft Auto is a British derived and manufactured game, i find it odd that a theme within it was aimed at the US Government.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

alldaylong

As Grand Theft Auto is a British derived and manufactured game, i find it odd that a theme within it was aimed at the US Government.

Well, it is set in a fictional US city.

Nothing odd about it.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

- MINOR PLOT SPOILERS BELOW -

Yeah... I saw the pliers and "they better let me avoid those" and they did. I was able to keep it to just water boarding and nipple shocks and one solid wrench smack. It also resolved the way I hoped it would and definitely gave Trevor even more enigmatic qualities.

As far as his direct and explicit warning about how the US government is evil for doing so, it fit the game's overall political commentary quite well. I think this game will go down in history for more reasons than it just being the best game ever. It will be a game we point to in the future as proof that you can provoke change within a digital environment geared for primarily entertainment purposes.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

FlySolo

how about a link?

I said at the end of the post that the content is 18+. However, here is a Forbes article I've found that is similar to what I said:

www.forbes.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
nothing too bad, this is common in some games, look at this scene in the game Modern Warfare 2:

new topics

top topics

join