It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crisis at Fukushima's Unit 4 Demands a Global Take-Over

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Human0815
reply to post by penninja

Thank you for your Well Thought and Articulated Posting!

reply to post by tetra50

Maybe you think to much of my Origin?

I wrote it already hundred Times that i am not a Japanese and just living here
but you will not hear more because i hate Racism in every form!

This is exactly why I distrust you: now you play the "race" card. You should reread my posts. They have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with race.
Tetra50

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

penninja
And Tetra, sorry.

Not trying to take it out on you, this guy from japan isn't off base and people have said horrible stuff to him for having a positive outlook on a disaster, examining facts, having hope... We just aren't going to win this by bashing the Japanese, I don't think you meant to really do that but i'm getting annoyed not trying to make you the scapegoat for that okay... The thread title alone offends me when... we build this crap, we export this crap, we attack countries we don't want to have it.... with depleted Uranium rounds lol... we sell it to others, we have probably as many reactors as the rest of the world, most are in crappy condition

and so many people just bash Japan... with their general Electric designed reactor...

I Love Japan, they didn't want a tsunami, we sold them this junk, the idea, the need to remain competitive with us, the threat we created by developing the bombs... Us and the Russians should help pay for this for what we did.

Just the title got me ready to roll lol...so again sorry. Putin is just right in what he had to say, the era of American interventionism needs to end, we COULD fix this with a society of scholars with our kind of money and we are a society of twearking morons lately ... and let's face when "The world intervening is mentioned that means America world police..." Frankly and I have no bias in saying this when I go to Japan or talk to my friends online the average person is way more educated and it's a relief from talking to many Americans some days, they are GOOD in a disaster and Good under pressure.... we used to be, this sucks but when it comes to removal of the rods, I have more faith in them than I would in us these days.

Apology accepted, and I actually agree with most of what you've said. I certainly am not wanting to disrespect the Japanese in any way, and this was never the substance of what I've written. My comments to Human are directed entirely at this member, not any nation or group or race. The reason I wrote what I did is the wide variance in the member's writing style and use of language, which indicates, by necessity, something disingenuous......

Surely we all like to think we know we are dealing with one person, and that they are being straightforward. That's all. Thanks.
Tetra50

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

TheWetCoast
reply to post by webedoomed

Have you ever seen a chart that list the total amount(s) of Uranium and Plutonium released into the environment? If I had true and accurate information to work with I COULD actually "Do The Math". With the information I have at hand I would estimate 2-3 Billion deaths over 50 years.

I've seen a lot of charts which give estimates on U & P over the years. I'm not sure there is the best "true and accurate" information these days. We can best estimate but never be exact. When researching Fuku & Chernobyl 2 years ago, it became obvious that the process was too complex to find accurate estimates for the amount of radiation still on site at the time of their events. Every report seemed to have conflicting information when compared to the next.

Still, you can get intuitive grasps of things from applying different assumptions from the estimates. You can get a low-range, high-range, and median figure.

I'm not sure how to apply your question, specifically. Are you suggesting that the sum total of U & P released from all sources over the last 60+ years will still take out ~ 2-3 billion by 2063? Or is this referring to Fuku? From what I'm understanding, worst case scenario may end up having 10's of millions of deaths in the long run.

I'm interested in any information/chart you can provide. Unfortunately, my research over the years was never catalogued, else I'd be willing to share, of course.

The Numbers are BANANAS!!
edit on 25-9-2013 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This thread got really ugly last night. I apologize for my part. However, I'd like to reiterate that I accused no one of being responsible for deaths, nor were any of my postings disparaging on a racial or cultural level, to anyone, whatsoever. I certainly have nothing but respect for the Japanese and Japan. It's sad that I have to make that clear, when I was trying to get to the bottom of one member varying so much in the use of language, and opinion, at times, as well. I ended up being accused of racism, by a member who has written about "caucasians" and their problems, and their help not being welcome. I could care less what anyone's nationality is, on any thread, whatsoever.

Next, I was accused of holding this member responsible for someone's death......which wasn't even indirectly implied in anything I wrote. Then it was thrown at me that I wasn't interested in solutions, when earlier in the day, my only additions to this thread were about zeolite, boron, and the "new" Russian element discovered in 2007, 27-4.

All I can say, is that something seems really out of whack here. "Origin" and "identity," are separate issues.
Thanks.
Tetra50

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
When I saw this article and posted it, I didn't imagine it would stir up such a vigorous debate. But the debate itself turned a lot of lights on in my head about how dangerous, and also how delicate, this situation is.

For one, I didn't give a second thought to what exactly 'intervention' might mean and that is my own fault, because I know history and Japan, and 'intervention' would be synonyous with 'invasion', and would be telling one of the most capable cultures on this Earth that they aren't capable of handling a situation within their own land.

My agreement with the idea stems from two realities:

1) TEPCO has already proven they will not tell us all of the truth unless they are forced to, and that means any statistics of what is happening, what is inventoried on site, and what is leaking, may be lies;

2) The recent push by Shinzo Abe for the 2020 Olympics had him spouting to the world that everything was under control at exactly the same time TEPCO was confessing that they DIDN'T have everything under control and were appealing for help. And that is scary after over two years of TEPCO obfuscation and lies (no leaks, then yes we have leaks but they are minor, then yes its been leaking since the beginning as a great example)

I don't think anyone else in the world has capabilities that they can offer outside of money and manpower that Japan does not already have, and in many cases, Japan's capabilities exceed those of any other country and / or culture, and they have an unique ability to keep cool and seek solutions under a situation that would have already panicked other cultures.

That unique ability has its own dangers, since TEPCO proves itself to be as corrupt as any Western corporation, and buddy Abe proves himself to be as much a politician as any Western politician. If we can't shake our own corrupt corporations and lying politicians out of our lands, how can we expect the Japanese people to do it in their own house unless there IS some panic that shakes the public into action?

SO - the PEOPLE of the world have a right to scream if the government keeps acting like this situation is a local issue under control, when it is clearly NOT local and NOT under control - yet.

Is it an ELE event? No. Can it be? Not clear. But is it something the rest of the world has a right to be concerned about? YES.

And for those that are arguing that we should not be discussing failure; it is precisely the situation to discuss the ramifications of failure. You have to understand failure to aim for success. And by all means I hope to hear in December that fuel assemblies are moving and nothing is burning so Japan can continue with the plan to contain this monster.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lakesidepark

I can tell you that Tepco and France will work together to dismanle this Plant,
further i can tell you that the Olympic Games opened a Gate for foreign Workers
and this is also positive for Daiichi because we have not enough Worker to
solve the Problem!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Agree with what you're saying, understood, awesome that everybody can get clear after a bit of tension and talk. Awesome.

I agree with all points about Tepco and Abe, your words echo what everyone in Japan has to say, none of this is a secret, they do lie, they are afraid of panic, he is a politician.

With that said... The deeper I come to understand the Radiation factors the less concerned I am, not that i'm not concerned, but given the parameters they are basically doing the right thing, the rod removal isn't as dangerous as what they say, you wouldn't be dealing with an Atomic explosion that would rocket plutonium into the upper atmosphere, Plutonium in the mox really can only travel far under the guise of a Bomb which an accident wouldn't be, YES there are worst case scenarios, but even a minor accident or two wouldn't affect us with severity of plutonium, not beyond what we did to ourselves with out Atomic testing over the years and we are all still here, what people talk about is this highly unlikely collapse where tons of rods get thrown together in another natural disaster and that is really long odds, the last time a Tsunami like this hit the region was 1000 years ago as indicated by the markers, the Odds are in our favor... vastly. Yes the building is a pile of crud But... with every rod removed, the weight decreases the potential decreases and we do this every day, just in more stable buildings and that is the ONLY chance for a release of what people actually need to fear, Plutonium and Uranium, the evil 2.5 Billion year half life.

Truth be told there is tons of naturally occurring Uranium in our oceans, you can go to the beach at any time and absorb particulates and the particle that never passes your body and is with you forever is your true cancer risk, I'd take a 1/4 body load of 137 over any amount of Uranium and we all have swam our whole lives.

If they don't plug the ocean leaks for another five years the volume of Radiation on the West Coast while swimming will absolutely NOT be more than what you get or any worse than flying in a plane at high altitude unless something worse happens and it has not, yet, and probably won't.

As far as Strontium and 137 absorption, you have to swallow water, as eating goes you are dealing with Bone seeking substances, in other words if you eat Tuna from the Pacific and the Tuna has absorbed Strontium it's in the Bones, it' s Biological half life is effective around 17 years, which is way shorter than a human life span, but in regards to food consumption... we do not eat bones, should be fine. If we apply the 137, while that will reside in the muscle but... it's a Biological half life of 70 days...

Realistically with precautions like zeolite cookies after a meal, that can be reduced to 3 days with cheap effective measures, in actual concentration even if the leaks continue much longer... it's virtually a non entity

Truthfully, five years from now Mercury in your Tuna will still be a worse health threat because mainly it's the gift that keeps on giving notoriously hard to remove from your brain neurons... it's actually the lesser of two evils in our oceans the 137

Every single new light bulb in america contains mercury, if you want to see a toxic bomb, imagine 300 Million people disposing of Mercury light bulbs every year (and nobody really recycles them lol) 300 Million times 5 bulbs per year and entering your drinking water supply... The Cesium in an ocean is a joke by comparison in all seriousness, Cancer vs Brain decay... one is survivable

The plan to freeze the surrounding area until a better damn can be conceived is a good one, it will not be perfect but.... They stopped Godzilla that way once... (JOKE SORRY) Seriously 90% containment of current flow will leave surfing swimming and eating relatively safe fairly quickly, it's not like the particulates will just "FLOAT" forever, we don't eat fish from the depths, the 30 year half life is very scary in words, the BIOLOGICAL half life is 70 days, in small amounts, it' just one of 160 some odd thousand cancer causing agents in our environment and a much LESSER one than most, like I said with simple dietary additions that can be made days... you can still eat fish sometimes. Like most things the elderly, the pregnant the infants will want to take precautions a strong immune system a few particulates of 137 will never be noticed and that's what the amounts will be in 10 years and it's really, really pessimistic to think they won't stop the leaking before then in the end, a lot of money to do, but basic, man has been channeling and diverting water a long time...

The risk... Rod removal

A guy with a really, really fancy crane... yeah scary, it's dangerous, absolutely BUT Plutonium and Uranium fall fast and don't travel far. The real worst case scenario here is the evacuation of Tokyo AND yeah... another round of radio active crud and a further upping of the Cancer rate globally

Not pleasant. BUT hasn't happened so as yet not real and JAPAN is at stake, they will be damned careful, I have Faith. I truly will not be putting any of my energy into anticipation of a disaster that has not happened and probably won't given the seriousness and ramifications.

The real... Cancer didn't even barely exist until we started with the chemicals and radiation. This all sucks, but we are learning to treat and deal with and cope with these things. There has never been a better time for Science, Knowledge gains are untrackable, beating this entirely is doable. Cancer needs to be cured and honestly I believe to a degree it can already be dealt with we just have a corrupt medical system and IF it gets bad enough, as in, societal doom bad enough that system will have to cave in...

I think...

We should... realize, we have the longest life expectancy in Human History right now. I said earlier a root canal I needed at 22 would have killed me, that the infant mortality rate has been reduced to incredibly low numbers that even a century ago if you so much as lost a leg you were useless, that communicable disease took peoples family away every day.

This IS bad... until very recently in our history Every single damn day of our lives was worse than this a crowded Beach with 100,000 people enjoying the Ocean and one person with Typhoid meant that 20,000 would soon be dead... In 10 years, if the leak isn't stopped it means that 20 of those 100,000 people will get Cancer... 30 years later. Which is a hella long time to learn to treat Cancer... In the computer age.

Perspective... I ignore NONE of this. I take Potassium iodine and drink my glass of Baking soda water... In fact i'm a transhumanist, I drop TA 65 at a 300.00 a month cost for Telomerase repair and God damn if at 43 i'm not a dead ringer for a 28 year old... Despite all the poison in the world literally...

When we came to this continent life expectancy for us and the Natives 27, Today 76. This can be a set back sure... probably not. We took this leap of 50 years without 3.5 Billion Asians and Westerners with Pcs to communicate info the rate of information growth is dramatic, the numbers in my head on the curve says we will lick this no matter what happens.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

What this should tell you is that something else is coming that will trump this disaster in comparison and they are focusing on that instead of Fukashima. They did not build all those bunkers for nothing. I cant believe China is not demanding it be dealt with let alone the U.S.

Something wicked this way come! That or we truly have a bunch of diehard Satanist running the whole world now witch is about the case.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I want to point out that I too was not "dissing" the Japanese people as a Race or nation! I just don't appreciate it when members try to ridicule us when we express concern about the future, our collective future as human beings all living on the same planet, concern which, in all truthfulness, has it's roots in the deceptiveness of TEPCO since day one of this situation!

I would like to ask a question. Perhaps Penninja could answer as this member seems quite educated on the matter and I am not saying that with tongue in cheek!. Please excuse my ignorance!

I am interested in the "half-life" of elements that may have been released in to the air and ocean during the initial stages and since then. Strontium, for example, I am typing from memory here so forgive me if I am wrong with the numbers, has a half-life of 17 years, which I thought means that in 17 years its "power/strength" or "effects" are reduced by 50% (or "HALF"-life), it then takes another 17 years for it to be reduced by another 50%, 17 years later what was left after the second 17 year period is further reduced by 50%? Which in effect means that when one is saying the half-life of something is x number of years that is not the actual time it takes for there to be no effect left at all?

As I said yesterday I live in a country with slow/limited and VERY expensive internet so I can't actually afford to all of the research I would like to do and as I know that there are many members of ATS who will and do know alot more than I will ever be able to learn about this subject by researching I am appealing for someone to enlighten me! Please don't tell me to google it, I would if I had the bandwidth and money to do so!
edit on 26/9/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26/9/13 by wiser3 because: wrong spelling of Penninja (sorry)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
0-1/1 =100 Bq.
1-1/2 =50 Bq.
2-1/4 =25 Bq
3-1/8 =12 .5Bq.
4-1/16 =6 .25Bq.
5-1/32 =3 .125Bq.
6-1/64 =1 .563Bq.
7-1/128 =0 .781Bq
... ... ...
n 1/2n 100/(2n)
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 26-9-2013 by Human0815 because: Bq

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

I am assuming you were responding to my post but maybe I didn't ask what I meant to ask or you misunderstood me!

I want to know if the half-life of of Strontium or Plutonium or whatever is x number of years how many years does it take for that element to, shall I say, "disappear"? So Plutonium 239's half-life is X x thousands of years by which time it has diminished to half strength then it takes another X x thousands of years for it to once again reduce by 50% or another half-life, so its has taken 2 X x thousands of years for it to reduce by 50% and then again by 50% but it is still not zero!

eg.
100 / 2 = 50 = 10 years
50 / 2 = 25 = 10 years
25 / 2 = 12.5 = 10 years
12.5 / 2 = 6.25 = 10 years
6.25 / 2 = 3.125 = 10 years

so after 50 years we still have a figure of 3.125?

edit on 26/9/13 by wiser3 because: Spelling and spelling!

edit on 26/9/13 by wiser3 because: Brain faster than fingers or vice versa!

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

Have a look:
Rad Pro Calculator:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Thanks for the link but:

As I said yesterday I live in a country with slow/limited and VERY expensive internet so I can't actually afford to all of the research I would like to do and as I know that there are many members of ATS who will and do know alot more than I will ever be able to learn about this subject by researching I am appealing for someone to enlighten me! Please don't tell me to google it, I would if I had the bandwidth and money to do so!

So I am off now and will log in again later to see if anyone can just give me a straight answer! In years!

Much appreciated!

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

wiser3
I want to point out that I too was not "dissing" the Japanese people as a Race or nation! I just don't appreciate it when members try to ridicule us when we express concern about the future, our collective future as human beings all living on the same planet, concern which, in all truthfulness, has it's roots in the deceptiveness of TEPCO since day one of this situation!

I would like to ask a question. Perhaps Penninja could answer as this member seems quite educated on the matter and I am not saying that with tongue in cheek!. Please excuse my ignorance!

I am interested in the "half-life" of elements that may have been released in to the air and ocean during the initial stages and since then. Strontium, for example, I am typing from memory here so forgive me if I am wrong with the numbers, has a half-life of 17 years, which I thought means that in 17 years its "power/strength" or "effects" are reduced by 50% (or "HALF"-life), it then takes another 17 years for it to be reduced by another 50%, 17 years later what was left after the second 17 year period is further reduced by 50%? Which in effect means that when one is saying the half-life of something is x number of years that is not the actual time it takes for there to be no effect left at all?

edit on 26/9/13 by wiser3 because: wrong spelling of Penninja (sorry)

Okay there is half life and biological half life that I have been talking about

Half life is the time it takes for half of the particles to decay, so yes, Strontium with a half life of 27 years means that in 27 years Half the Strontium in the ocean will have decayed, in another 27 years half of what remains will decay leaving 1/4 and so on...

yes that means some is around long after the 27 year period.

Now Biological half life is the time it takes for half the material to be excreted from the body and the parameters are the same as above. Strontiums biological half life is 17 years. As I explained earlier Strontium is a bone seeker that is why it takes so long bones turn over much more slowly than flesh does, The 137 by far the most abundant problem has a Biological half life of only 70 days...

So 70 = 1/2, 140 = 1/4, 210 = 1/8, 280 = 1/16th 350 = 1/32 at which point for all intents and purposes it would be non existent because it all decays and your reaching a point where the numbers cease to have meaning

So the strontium will be gone in a lifetime if ingested, the 137 in a year

That of course doesn't affect the actual half life, just because it's bound and excreted if the half life is 30 years it's still being passed into the environment. It's just not in you causing your body hardship

This is why... unless those rods blow this is not a doom scenario

The 137 leaves you really fast, you need heavy constant chronic exposure to it to die, in studies it took a full body load of 137 to actually kill the dogs in the study at a half body load the dogs were still alive a year later a half body load is a near ground zero level exposure to a disaster, what you're going to absorb into you by swimming even after years and years of this thing leaking in the ocean is nowhere near these levels by prediction on this side of the Pacific and as I said earlier the strontium which is worse is a bone seeker, we don't eat bones.

I don't want to pose any of this as "good news" it sucks... but it's not deadly

Going back to the 137, the death toll on the dogs was 44 μg/kg or roughly 44 micrograms per 2 pounds, halving that amount, so for me as a 210 pound male roughly 5 Milligrams of ingestion will kill me

That sounds very small... it is, but not when factoring in the actual volume dispersed in the Pacific it isn't, it's actually a huge amount, for 5 milligrams to exist in a few mouth fulls of sea water you'd have to be literally drinking the water within a 1/2 mile of the plant under current conditions... genuine hard exposure and that is actually ingesting the substance at those levels, if you didn't swallow any you could actually dip into the water for short times and be okay the radiation exposure being short and not very intense. We won't even go ner those levels of exposure if the leaking goes on for decades at this rate which it won't.

A HUGE misconception people are making is that the "elderly" are safer because it takes a long time to build up to those levels in the body. NO...same as everything else, elderly, children and pregnant women are at more risk, with a 70 day half life, a young buck in prime 18-50 years of age can take regular exposure in some levels excrete the stuff and be fine, the immune system is designed to repair the body, when weak, with lower body weight, slower excretion process or shorter telomeres you simply get cancer a lot easier

None of this factors in, the FACT that you can speed up excretion block absorption etc...

Potassium Iodide absolutely works to block 131 uptake and this NECESSARY for airborne leaks like in the beginning, the Thyroid is very sensitive and vital and if you're Iodine like 99% of Americans it's going in... now the funny thing about I 131 is that it has a longer Biological half life than it has an actual half life because of where it is stored, it turns to a form of Xenon after it decays basically continues to mangle the thyroid, it is the lightest problem it spreads through air very easy, it reaches us... so every time there is an air event you seriously want to have PI around

137 zeolite and particularly Prussian Blue... cna knock the Biological half life down to as little as 3 days, in other words you can actually have a lot of limited exposure and flush constantly

The clays will work on the strontium but it's not good, bone seeking is rough, if you're not catching it in blood stream during exposure once it's in the bones getting it out is very difficult if not impossible aside from it's natural biological half life, I have thought s for fast release back into the blood stream, one of which I have actually set myself up for... Professional Ultrasound massage devices in (my theory) create microscopic cracks in bone which if used regularly speed bone growth and should release material back into the blood vastly improving excretion particularly if using zeolite, sodium bi carb and other binders...

Now we hear a lot about Tritium... here's a bad one and fortunately in incredibly small amounts... The problem with Tritium is that it can bind with oxygen to form Tritiated water which can be absorbed through skin, the issue here is two fold... if there is Tritium in the water it's not down to ingestion, going in the water is bad... the other is... while we can talk about half lifes all day... this stuff won't sink, ever

Cont...

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Thank you very much! This is more in the line of what I was asking for, I seriously appreciate the undeniable effort and quantity /quality of the information you have supplied me with! My only problem is that by your reckoning I am no longer in my prime, being 54, I miss out by a hair! Just joking, not about my age though!

I am very much looking forward to the sequel / cont.!

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Cont...

Now The Tritium half life 12 years, not a forever problem, but because of skin saturation and the fact that unlike the rest it literally becomes water, flows with water as tritium levels rise you have a real threat of exposure, so we don't want tritium in large amounts hitting the Pacific... and honestly some is.

The bonus... Tritium only has a Biological half life of..... THANK GOD 12 days, it's Beta particles aren't strong enough to penetrate skin if in your environment and even ingested it's so low in radio activity you need a tub load to have any issues... HEAT speeds up excretion, it Biological half lives in only 6 days in summer as opposed to winter, a dry sauna after a swim and your tritium is all but gone...

Now

Plutonium, Biological half life of 200 years... your forever friend lol...

BUT only about 0.4 percent ingested actually gets absorbed into the body, Plutonium is weird, in theory it should kill the crap out of you, but large numbers of people tracked with serious Plutonium exposure never get died until proper age, this includes 40 Los alamos workers who inhaled it and in theory should have gotten lung cancer and simply never did... the theory: Plutonium happens to be be highly mobile in the body, it doesn't bind particularly well so specific cell constant exposure is not as much a risk as you would think... even in the lungs it bounces around so to speak never long term damaging a specific spot...

Uranium... not so awful

Biological half life of 15 days... 0.5 percent absorption when ingested... How scary is Uranium? It's 40 x more prevalent on Earth than Silver, you Ingest some every time you swim.

It's not all as scary as people think in regards to biological accumulation when dispersed, most of it can be handled... it's large doses at once that kill, being near a detonation or meltdown or spot where large amounts can accumulates in limited space... realistically it's all a poison, things like birth defects will increase, there is a cancer risk factor

But the numbers don't even remotely add up to what people say will happen particularly if you take precautions knowing you have exposure.

Realistically... Smoking will be more of a cancer risk than swimming on the opposite side of fukushima for a long time to come...

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
(Sep 26,2013) Request for Technology and Advice from All over the World for Contaminated Water Issues at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station

On September 10, 2013, the Ministerial Meeting on Contaminated Water and Decommissioning Issues discussed "Policies and Concrete Actions for Addressing the Contaminated Water and Decommissioning Issues", and concluded that a team to collect expertise from all over the world and to invite proposal of countermeasures would be established.

In response to this determination, we would like to announce that the website of "Request for Information (RFI) for Contaminated Water Issues" has established by the International Research Institute for Nuclear Decommissioning (IRID), which will be playing a leading role.

- Request for Information (RFI) for Contaminated Water Issues (Website of the International Research Institute for Nuclear Decommissioning (IRID))
link:

- Applicant Guidelines (Website of the International Research Institute for Nuclear Decommissioning (IRID))
link:

The Dismantling of Daiichi is a long and wide River

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Just reading along, totally lurking at this point.
I have to say, you totally sound like someone I watched on yesterday's A.J. broadcast (and that's a compliment). He's in his late 40's and looks to be in his mid-20's even by A.J.'s account.
Have you seen it? Or maybe you're actually him

If not, you might find it very interesting...
If you have seen it or do watch it soon, what is your opinion on the Survival Shield Nacent Iodine that they are referencing?
ETA:
I have a few old bottles of Potassium Iodide that have been around since I panicked after 9/11 that after watching the show last night I have considered dipping into, even though I heard that it contains toxins and should be used only in emergency and by those under 40 - neither of which apply here. It would probably serve me best just to let it lie and purchase some Nacent Iodine I suppose, but it's just lying around and if it stands a chance of doing some good - then why not?
You sound like just the person to ask...
Thanks!
edit on 27-9-2013 by sageturkey because: Add Text

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sageturkey

I don't know that I see the need to waste 42.00 a bottle vs 9.99 for an ordinary bottle of PI, not arguing topics like better bio availability etc... it's just a diet that takes Iodine into perspective and PI is a lot already, I don't know exact numbers off hand but i'm pretty sure i've seen numbers like the Japanese have 20x as much Iodine in blood as Americans and that is all diet... (also longest lived people in world)

If people doubt this stuff matters, i'll say this... virtually NO effect in Japan initially where there should have been from worst offender I 131...airborne, fast moving, (i'm not saying we won't see a Thyroid cancer increase at all) it just should have been 100x worse

I bet... the Thyroid Cancer rate goes up more in Cali where I 131 exposures were vastly less in weaker concentration from diet difference alone, I don't care what they say, Tokyo had to have been drenched in I 131, we look at maps and see the plumes but none the less with that half life and number of days and spreading out...no one in Cali got nearly what people in Tokyo did, not by a mile... but Lack of Iodine for protection, it will be worse in Cali.

Seaweed and I 131 are CHEAP and will do the job just fine.

Just don't get your seaweed from the East Coast of Northern Japan...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Human0815
a.)
i think it is very arrogant from the Caucasians to think that the Japanese
are unable to solve this Accident by them self!

The US-Americans didn't build a Nuclear Reactor since more than 30 Years,
imo. they are totally outdated and they can't even handle their own
running Reactors!

Many of their Reactor leak Tritium like Fukushima but you are not concerned
about it because you are not informed.

b.)
I hope and i think that the Fuel Problem is much smaller than many of you
imagine but this is normal because you didn't read anything else than what
div. Sites offer to you.

None/ not many of you read the Plan and the Blueprints of Building Nr. 4
and the Fuel, all you read is what Gundershill telling you but
this is only one Side of at least two!

c.) Did anyone of you saw what happened with Reactor 4. and the new
Crane System, do you know that they build a whole new Building
on the Side of the Pool?

I am optimistic that this Mission will get completed with a positive outcome!

Human0815
reply to post by 11:11

No!

There is no interest to work with Caucasians and imho. this is justified!

First they should start to fix their own Problems which are not smaller
than Fukushima!

They are (imho.) not needed and not welcome, that simple!

HAHAHAHA this is pretty funny. Caucasians arrogant, but isn't it the Japanese who have been being arrogant for the last two years? Don't need or want help from CAUSCASIANS *gaijins* we the most honorable and prideful people of JAPAN can handle this all by ourselves

www.telegraph.co.uk...

"We are wide open to receive the most advanced knowledge from overseas to contain the problem,"

"My country needs your knowledge and expertise."

was that so hard?

you say you aren't Japanese but just live in Japan, but you got this whole mentality of "WE" where are you from? what is your race?? in fact you are a 'GAIJIN' just as much as the rest of us on this forum.

not liking all the U.S/Caucasian bashing from you and PENNINJA. Bringing up Hurricane Katrina/New Orleans, Honey Boo-boo, and I realize the U.S culture isn't the best and the Japanese are an A+ culture, but they aren't perfect and you can't do everything alone, especially when the situation involves the whole world

I don't like the title of this thread and maybe that why some people are being hostile and think the CAUCASIANS are arrogant. No global takeover but support and expertise is needed.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join