It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crisis at Fukushima's Unit 4 Demands a Global Take-Over

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

TheWetCoast

TheWetCoast
reply to post by penninja

The amount of radiation flushed into the Pacific Ocean thus far is at least 450,000 lethal doses per day. The Pacific ocean IS huge, but at some point in time the cumulative effects will catch up with us.

This is based off of data released over six months ago. These numbers might need to be multiplied by 5-10 times to be accurate.

At some time... yes, eventually. Very hard to say by when. They are working on methods to reduce hopefully eliminate that flow like the freezing of the ground and such. I believe it is Good for the moment, methods of eliminating the flow into the pacific, yes it will keep going, getting the rods out is a damn good idea too, yes it has risks, but aside from the condition this is done every day, some mild tapping wont cause the reaction people are talking about only a complete collapse will.

My honest opinion, the USA should buck up some major cash, we designed it... poorly. While we figure out how to fix this, which we will. The only thing Japan needs is tech and money.

As far as water saturation and issues, the worst of the particles will sink, the heaviest and most deadly, the Majority is caesium 137, (90%) Radioactive half life of 30 years, now that can be reduced to biological half life of 30 days via ingestion of Prussian Blue, it's BIOLOGICAL Half Life is actually only 80 days...

It's ... not as bad as it sounds, that might sound like I am making light of, birth defects, additional cancers... but RIGHT NOW, what's been released won't add up to concentrations as it spreads out along the coast and reaches the Northern pacific that would if it's fresh water not be safe to drink by concentration... that's 10 years from now, and no one drinks that water AND it's biological half life is only 70 days...

It would take, i'd guess.... five more years of them failing to plug the leaks to a point where going swimming might be dangerous if you swallowed some water unless you're pregnant...

That DOES suck...

But you know what? right now when I have Sushi, particularly Mercury... which can bind to your neurons forever, it's A LOT more dangerous to my future, than a single particle of 137 which my body will get rid of in roughly 70 days.

Yeah it has to first and foremost be plugged, they are working on it... it will happen, it's not doomsday

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Something tells me if this gets any worse then Japan will be a no go area and the people will need to be relocated. But if the fuel rods do end up in the earths crust then I don't know what would happen and I'm interested in your theories. Isn't the earths core and magma made from radiation?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWetCoast

I find that people that look for solutions find them, most of what people are talking about is scientific rubbish.

Once upon a time a man invented fire, over the next 50 years many of his tribe burned their huts down and died from having no home, some touched it and died from burns, others fell in it, set fire to the forest where they got their food...

A few, invented burn creams from plants, figured out how to surround it by rocks etc etc... and life went on.

There is always a solution. I Do NOT agree with Nuclear as an energy source, it's way too dangerous, human life is valuable. BUT this will be fixed, the horror stories are exaggerated.

Stop it... maybe not, maybe not ever, contain it. learn a lesson from it YES... well hopefully someone learns something, i'm not worried about Fukushima by itself killing me, I'm worried it will happen again and again until it does.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Sk8ergrl
Something tells me if this gets any worse then Japan will be a no go area and the people will need to be relocated. But if the fuel rods do end up in the earths crust then I don't know what would happen and I'm interested in your theories. Isn't the earths core and magma made from radiation?
The Earth's core is made mostly out of IRON. The results of Fukushima will destroy about 2/3rds of the global population within 100 years.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Sk8ergrl

The only issue would be passing the water table, beyond that hitting magma would likely be a non entity. Depends on how close to the surface you reach magma really.

Core dumping has been proposed as both a method for disposing of our Nuclear waste safely And in fact for restarting the magnetic field to colonize Mars, you need that sort of junk at the core to maintain a magnetic field long with iron and all the rest of course, it's a source of heat energy IF it ever reaches the core, somewhere Millions and Millions of years from now... it will help keep the planet alive actually

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

penninja

I find that people that look for solutions find them, most of what people are talking about is scientific rubbish.

Once upon a time a man invented fire, over the next 50 years many of his tribe burned their huts down and died from having no home, some touched it and died from burns, others fell in it, set fire to the forest where they got their food...

A few, invented burn creams from plants, figured out how to surround it by rocks etc etc... and life went on.

There is always a solution. I Do NOT agree with Nuclear as an energy source, it's way too dangerous, human life is valuable. BUT this will be fixed, the horror stories are exaggerated.

Stop it... maybe not, maybe not ever, contain it. learn a lesson from it YES... well hopefully someone learns something, i'm not worried about Fukushima by itself killing me, I'm worried it will happen again and again until it does.

Fukushima is beyond humanities ability to "solve". This problem is going to exist for MILLIONS of years.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   

TheWetCoast

Sk8ergrl
The Earth's core is made mostly out of IRON. The results of Fukushima will destroy about 2/3rds of the global population within 100 years.

I will predict in 100 years 2/3rds of Earth's living population will be dead as well, i'm 43 it's a practical certainty.

What do figures of doom like that actually mean?

This actual supposition of something going wrong with the rod removal is nothing more, IF it happens we can have another conversation on said topic, but as it stands, with a biological half life of 70 days, No... this wont be the case, we don't drink sea water, the amount that hits the atmos via evaporation even if nothing is done at all will not be... life damning

We currently enjoy a fabulous life expectancy

Yeah if nothing is done that average will decline, but "nothing" isn't the case... I have good money that says there is NO way in hell Japan will allow an iota of this to still be leaking in six years for the Olympics...

In 30 years half... half will be gone, much will sink to the bottom, the apex predator of the ocean aside from us is the shark.. the shark happens to be immune to cancer...

There will be problems, sea food very well might need a couple of decades to make a comeback, Tokyo... it could be evacuated before said and done in a worst case scenario... things will change alright for a time, this isn't the end of the world however.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   

and what is your opinion via zeolyte, and the purported Russian 27-4 element for cleansing and bonding radioative waste, may I ask, pardon me for me boo, boo take on the scrap it......
I cannot believe I'm asking your opinion on anything.....such as it is...for it is what it is...

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Thanks guys for your reassurance that has put my mind at ease as it cannot start a super volcano but I do feel really bad for people who will die from this and we can see already that its killing our sea creatures. I mean why have a nuclear plant on a fault line and not even earthquake and tsunami proof.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

You have just hit a BIG NAIL with a HUGE HAMMER! I was getting ready to post about this exact thing yesterday when I was called away to an emergency at home, my mains switch at my house had melted and my entire house was without power and I thought in danger of burning down, it didn't and I have power back, but suffice to say that I have been trying to go back on this "Humans" many many posts checking the times they were posted as I have had the feeling that this person is actually multiple persons. There are just too many languages differences etc as you have pointed out so well! Thank you, I thought that I was just going crazy!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Why would you say that?

Why spew stuff that has no basis in reality, the REAL dangers are more than extreme enough to do the right thing, talk to people, get them away from supporting Nuclear energy. Exaggerations that have no basis is just chicken little stuff the thing that helps people close a blind eye to the real dangers.

It's mainly 137, the majority will be gone within a century if it' contained, in time frames like your talking what is left will be so far away from the surface the tomb they build to warn people one day won't even exist anymore, in reality there are places on earth where scientists believed this process happens naturally because we have tons of worse...Uranium, Plutonium in nature, that large quantities have gotten into the seawater by the hand of the fact that it exists alone.

Uranium 238 is in your ocean NOW, it's half life is Billions of years

Much less information is available in the case of plutonium isotopes. Trace amounts of Pu isotopes originating from the accident have been identified in soil samples. While it is known that atmospheric releases of Pu were several orders of magnitude lower than that from Chernobyl accident, no information on Pu isotopes in the liquid direct releases to the sea is available. Pu isotopes have been measured in marine sediments outside a 30 km radius circle around Fukushima. Results do not show any contamination due to the accident. Instead Pu isotopes here detected are attributed to global fallout. However, the situation inside the 30 km zone remains unknown. It could be possible that Pu isotopes entered this coastal area from the direct release of contaminated water in early April 2011. The objective for this work consists of showing, by means of numerical modelling, that, if Pu contamination originating from the accident would be present in sediments of the close area to Fukushima, contamination would not reach areas far from the plant. Contamination would be restricted to the close area because of the low mobility of Pu. Thus, it would not be detected if samples are not collected there. Consequently, further studies on the determination of Pu isotopes in seawater and sediments within the 30 km zone would be required.

That's from the most paranoid reporter on the subject btw... ENE News... Plutonium hasn't made it into the environment, mainly it's mobility i indeed VERY LOW, if any enters the ocean it's going to be a Fukushima province issue.... EVEN if the issue is roughly 27,000 years NOT MILLIONS

What should they do? leave the rods there? You're dooming the glove by Predicting an accident that has not occurred, okay we don't synthesize Uranium... It is from HERE, all we can do is blow it up and scatter it around. In all reality what do you suppose has happened with every large impact strike from space?

WE have stuff with a 30 year half life floating around and biological half life of 70 days

That is not Millions of years

THE LEGACY of having accumulated it and putting the garbage back... somewhere safe, that needs to be coped with, soon and it's stupid to do in the first place. We'll figure out a way. Until then... we should be closing plants.

The only way that Uranium goes up is an accident here s they remove the rods, have some damn faith dude.

Don't predict doom before it happens.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

tetra50

and what is your opinion via zeolyte, and the purported Russian 27-4 element for cleansing and bonding radioative waste, may I ask, pardon me for me boo, boo take on the scrap it......
I cannot believe I'm asking your opinion on anything.....such as it is...for it is what it is...

I know nothing of the Russian element

But Zeolite, Bentonite Clay, Baking Soda and Boron added to you life and unless this blows (which i think is an unfounded concern) you'll be fine from Fukushima and in fact i'd say people should be using these products since we started Atomic testing... because they work on Uranium which is a real problem above all.

Use of Zeolite in Chernobyl show that giving 1-2 zeolite cookies per day cleared all radiation after 3 days for adults and children again you're mainly dealing with 137, 70 day biological half life reduced to 3

Baking soda, it's what Los Alamos uses to clean the soil, The oral use of sodium bicarbonate diminishes the severity of the changes produced by uranium in the kidneys, A researcher by the name of Don York has removed up to 92% of Uranium from soil via this method

Boron is the only mineral that is capable of accepting and ionizing radiation that never changes the innards or the nucleus of the cell.

Bentonite, used in soil will bind to radioactive particles and limit - eliminate plant uptake.

These used in daily life will survive a person comfortably through this era of "high cancer risk" because idiots keep building nuke plants and testing weapons and firing depleted uranium rounds, water filters. in the soil, ingested.... we are loaded all of us have some radio active material in us right now, it has to end but we should all have taken measures already.

Cancer was barely even heard of until this century it IS the modern plague, these things do work and ake a lot of heavy metals and other junk with them as well..

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Thank you for your Well Thought and Articulated Posting!

reply to post by tetra50

Maybe you think to much of my Origin?

I wrote it already hundred Times that i am not a Japanese and just living here
but you will not hear more because i hate Racism in every form!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
And Tetra, sorry.

Not trying to take it out on you, this guy from japan isn't off base and people have said horrible stuff to him for having a positive outlook on a disaster, examining facts, having hope... We just aren't going to win this by bashing the Japanese, I don't think you meant to really do that but i'm getting annoyed not trying to make you the scapegoat for that okay... The thread title alone offends me when... we build this crap, we export this crap, we attack countries we don't want to have it.... with depleted Uranium rounds lol... we sell it to others, we have probably as many reactors as the rest of the world, most are in crappy condition

and so many people just bash Japan... with their general Electric designed reactor...

I Love Japan, they didn't want a tsunami, we sold them this junk, the idea, the need to remain competitive with us, the threat we created by developing the bombs... Us and the Russians should help pay for this for what we did.

Just the title got me ready to roll lol...so again sorry. Putin is just right in what he had to say, the era of American interventionism needs to end, we COULD fix this with a society of scholars with our kind of money and we are a society of twearking morons lately ... and let's face when "The world intervening is mentioned that means America world police..." Frankly and I have no bias in saying this when I go to Japan or talk to my friends online the average person is way more educated and it's a relief from talking to many Americans some days, they are GOOD in a disaster and Good under pressure.... we used to be, this sucks but when it comes to removal of the rods, I have more faith in them than I would in us these days.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Sk8ergrl

Just want to add something, a molten Core or Corium is not a Perpedomobile,
the Cores Energy is not endless and in fact it get slower and slower!

while "Travelling" the Corium absorb a lot of foreign Substances
and start to develop a outer Layer like Lava until the outer Layer
is thick enough to stop a further Melt Through,
Chernobyl/s "Elephant Feet" is a prime Example.

You will find a lot of Information but you need to look for it!

In Fukushima we have no "China Syndrome", for this you need a active/ Critical
Core which produce a few special Isotopes like Iodine-131,
this do not showed up since more than 1.5 Years,
nowhere all around the Globe!
(Iodine 131 is a Indicator for Nuclear Tests and Nuclear Accidents
or Catastrophes and all around the Globe we have Stations
who look for it, Iodine131 is highly volatile!)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Human... you know lol, the Japanese... they might argue, some at least, that you can't be Japanese. the racial element. Realistically however, genetics, plays whatever part it does, but it's the culture I appreciate and when you pick aspects of it up you do. Diet, lifestyle, habits... thinking.

Kind of elitist on the race issue yeah, mostly though it's thinking that matters, myself 11 years under a japanese sensei, travel for business, lots of online correspondence. I think Japanese in many ways, I understand the attitude, I agree with it. Complaining just isn't my thing anymore. Perseverance I like.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

I am a Human, average and 0815
and yes, after the Tsunami and the Explosions i feared for our Life,
for me this is already the second Melt-Down and i think i can
imagine what could happen to Japan when the real Catastrophe starts!

No one of you can imagine the Darkness and the Silence of this Days,
a Town like Tokyo with only Emergency Lightning.

After Months in the Internet World i became really desperate,
so i needed to start to look behind the Curtain, i had the Luck
that a good Friend of mine is teaching here in Tokyo (this Topic)
at our University
he started a Discussion Circle and i got into a vivid exchange of Information
as well as the typical Japanese View of the Situation.

My Desperation calmed a bit down after i got more and more knowledge
about this Topic and what can be done and what not,
i know now that this is a Topic for the next Century and that we need
to do the best for the Education of our (World-) Children,
they need to find Ways how to handle all this nasty Stuff
because it is highly doubtful that we find a Solution already in the next Years!

So we need to go on and on, Science is our only Way to survive this Situation!
edit on 25-9-2013 by Human0815 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I want to make a note about some of the comments I have read thru the last two pages of post and make something clear.

First, I ahve nothing but the highest respect for Japan and the Japanese people, and indeed their society has handled this much better than any gaijin society could have. My concern is NOT with the Japanese people.

In fact, I fully agree with other postings that if this had happened anywhere else (and indeed it COULD happen and probably WILL happen elsewhere in the future) the outcome may have already been much worse, but only because of the dedication and ingenuity of the Japanese people can we still worry about this getting out of control instead of discussing what to do when it does.

The concern is TEPCO (corporate mind only for money) and the Japanese government (politicians) who seen the same whereever they are.

Even the Japanese people are expressing these same concerns. but if TEPCO keeps making decisions based on their value as a corporation, and the government allows this, then intervention will be needed.

So, keep the concerns with the corporate big-wigs of TEPCO and the politicians of the government, and this is where the dangers lie, not with the society as a whole.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Human0815

Maybe you think to much of my Origin?

I wrote it already hundred Times that i am not a Japanese and just living here
but you will not hear more because i hate Racism in every form!

Human0815

No!

There is no interest to work with Caucasians and imho. this is justified!

First they should start to fix their own Problems which are not smaller
than Fukushima!

They are (imho.) not needed and not welcome, that simple!

Dissociative identity disorder (DID), also known as multiple personality disorder (MPD),[1] is a mental disorder characterized by at least two distinct and relatively enduring identities or dissociated personality states that alternately control a person's behavior, and is accompanied by memory impairment for important information not explained by ordinary forgetfulness.

source

You may want to have this checked...something is seriously getting in the way of any meaningful discussion with you on this thread and the nuclear emergency thread. I appreciate that you are here trying to understand and help...but dang dude. Get a hold of yourself. We are all in this together and your posting is becoming a walking contradiction. I know when you first arrived you said you were from shill-nation or some such. I thought you were kidding???

Stop the hate man. You are pissed off and becoming manic in nearly every post. Please. Take a vacation, maybe. It helps.

Caucasian out.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by lakesidepark

Well, someone has finally made me feel glad to be 60+. The idea of watching the earth and children die slowly is a nightmare.............talk about "just sitting around waiting to die", I'll never look at that anecdote the same again.

With your realistic and common sense approach to this disaster maybe you can answer my question, what do you think people like the Rothschild's with all there wealth and controlling power are doing, they can't be ignoring this as a possible world killer.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join