It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crisis at Fukushima's Unit 4 Demands a Global Take-Over

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

Yeah well, look at your choice of words...

"destroyed it forever" in reference to your life. Do I know Japanese people, yeah plenty of them and I have never once heard that kind of expression.

5x as many people died in the Tsunami, there was little to no warning for preparation, a freaking Nuclear Disaster happened.... and no one needed to call out 58,000 National Guardsmen to handle the problem... the roads weren't "not working" 6 days later let alone 6 months.

And you're telling this guy from Japan... he's basically responsible for deaths, that's just WRONG. We INVENTED this crap WE should lead the way in encouraging it's elimination.

And honestly all i'm saying is IF this was America, we'd handle it A LOT worse than they are and all this guy is doing is keeping calm and actually examining facts...

You...I didn't say boo to you really and you threw like 7 psuedo F Bombs at me... GO MURICA

It's point in place they can handle it better than we can. They aren't talking armageddon they are working on it, people aren't hiding in barns to survive they went out and fixed stuff immediately, who the heck is talking about you "personally"

The guys staying calm, that's not an agenda, Americans are prone to freaking out... we are Yahoos by comparison "Iran MIGHT get a bomb, let's kill 300,000 people on the maybe" Normal people don't act like that, it's a joke already...

This whole thread is a joke.... essentially it says "we are the best at everything" when by far we are the worst offenders in the industry, we handle crisis like idiots, and advocates taking action when we have no answer either as IF that would help when in reality... lately we screw up everything we intervene in...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

5x as many people died in the Tsunami, there was little to no warning for preparation, a freaking Nuclear Disaster happened.... and no one needed to call out 58,000 National Guardsmen to handle the problem... the roads weren't "not working" 6 days later let alone 6 months.

And you're telling this guy from Japan... he's basically responsible for deaths, that's just WRONG. We INVENTED this crap WE should lead the way in encouraging it's elimination.

NO, reread my response...for I didn't tell this guy from Japan any such friggin thing. So you go about your WRONG thing ........anyhow. I agree that we invented this crap and w should lead the way in encouraging its elimaination, but you're not hanging that around my particular neck, for I have suffered it just like the other's....and I find you are actively trying to displace blame and attribute it .....

So do you speak japanese and did you go through life changing events, as per we are discussing? what gives you the right to judge anyone??? I didn't tell humano985 he was responsible for anything....care to reread my post....for I didn' hold him responsible for ANYTHING, WHATSOEVER.......
Screw you... what have you been through? really.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

TheWetCoast
reply to post by penninja

The problem with Fukushima is that the problem is beyond the ability of humanity to fix at this point. This problem will affect EVERYONE within 5-10 years. Consider the economic impact to the world if Japan has to be evacuated(this could/will happen). "IT" has been hitting the fan for two and half years and it seem that the bulk of humanity is blissfully unaware.

And this is just NOT true.

To a degree it is, it will to some degree affect everyone, sort of like... our Nuke testing, depleted Uranium rounds, leaky arse reactors 20 years too old to be running and actually dropping 2 atomic bombs probably total deaths in the Millions?

Our Japanese friend has a point and I have one to add...

1: we have no right to talk, particularly when it's our technology, we are running forward full steam despite this and i don't think they have a single reactor running at the moment...

2: It's not any worse than what we have done...

Do i have faith in the Japanese to figure "something" out YES I DO.... I am actually far more concerned with 160,000 chemicals the USA continues to add to our atmosphere and water every day, The reactor is there, it's a problem, it's a known problem and something IS being done...dangerous or not, I can have a degree of hope it will be contained to a degree, it doesn't ruin the world...

Us, we are full steam ahead toxing everything from sources numbering in the hundreds of thousands, chemical, nuclear, biological... we have stuff WE MADE sitting in labs like bio weapons that ONE accident and 5 Billion people will die within 2 weeks...let alone have a chance to fix and we are talking smack to them, for using the technology we invented, for greed? to over power the world then gave to them? and even AFTER this happens we aren't closing a single damn reactor?

Not arguing...

I just read this thread and i'm like "come on people look at us"

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

penninja
reply to post by tetra50

Yeah well, look at your choice of words...

"destroyed it forever" in reference to your life. Do I know Japanese people, yeah plenty of them and I have never once heard that kind of expression.

And honestly all i'm saying is IF this was America, we'd handle it A LOT worse than they are and all this guy is doing is keeping calm and actually examining facts...

You...I didn't say boo to you really and you threw like 7 psuedo F Bombs at me... GO MURICA

It's point in place they can handle it better than we can. They aren't talking armageddon they are working on it, people aren't hiding in barns to survive they went out and fixed stuff immediately, who the heck is talking about you "personally"

The guys staying calm, that's not an agenda, Americans are prone to freaking out... we are Yahoos by comparison "Iran MIGHT get a bomb, let's kill 300,000 people on the maybe" Normal people don't act like that, it's a joke already...

This whole thread is a joke.... essentially it says "we are the best at everything" when by far we are the worst offenders in the industry, we handle crisis like idiots, and advocates taking action when we have no answer either as IF that would help when in reality... lately we screw up everything we intervene in...

The MASSIVE amounts of RADIATION being released from Fukushima WILL directly impact my life as well as about 20 million other people within 3-5 years in North America. By that time Japan will be well on it's way to becoming uninhabitable. At this point I believe the survival of humanity dwarfs all other considerations.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWetCoast

I'm an avid Surfer, have been since I was a wee lad.

As I watch the density of radioactive flow head on almost a direct line to San Diego, it really annoys the crap out of me, my favorite food in the world is sushi, honestly the longest lived people in the world eat a lot of fish and I am very sure it increases intelligence.

So you know what i think? I think I need to get into the fish farming business.

I also think working harder because the world is full of problems is important because we are pretty close to making cancer go bye bye...and I can make a real financial contribution to that cause.

I also look at more esoteric ideas like magnetism and gravity and how one might be able to speed up the rate of atomic decay

I have supplemented Potassium Iodine since this began... because yeah it will have an impact.

And... no surfing without a wet suit and at least a nose plug... EVEN THOUGH the reality is, even the densest flow is infinitely LESS likely to give me cancer at the moment being only slightly above acceptable levels allowed in the water supply than for example... the God Damned Nuclear subs sitting in the bay doing a release while i'm out on my board...

I live in the real world...

The real world is one where the USA puts more toxic crap into the air and water than the rest of the world combined every damned dog day, the real world is... only taking care of myself and being aware MIGHT stop me from dying of cancer too young and THAT ISSUE already existed before this.

Again... Fukushima ... people are working on solutions.

The "lifestyle" that led to the need for that power plant and it even existing is running full speed ahead... and we are the ones funding it.

At THIS moment... there exists a POSSIBILITY, endless POSSIBILITIES that something "Novel" will be done that NO ONE can predict, there is great reason for hope, to be positive to TRY in regards to Fukushima the TRUTH the SCIENCE... The Ocean is radio active as heck in the first place... I'm in Northern AZ, there is Uranium in the damned soil, also Anthrax, bubonic plague is local, i'm near where just tons of nuclear material was released in both New Mexico and Nevada.... I'm fine.

The bug spray my landlord wants me to use, San Onofrio sitting on the San Andreas.... or the Jesus H Christ large plant outside of Phoenix with not a drop of water in sight in an emergency, the genetically modified food, the 5 Million peoples car exhaust daily... Do I need to go on?

Cancer in the water... yeah

Tons of it already

There is nothing to do but look for legitimate fixes... and not freak out, chances are you already have cancer, be well don't stress you might hold it at bay until 90...

I look on the bright side... A century ago, the root canal I needed would have killed me at 22, today we have vast technology, I think we'll win the race...

So screw the doom, do something useful in the meantime, you probably picked up the cause of the big C when it gets to you when you were 7 playing with a roach motel or something... there's so much crap in your water already... WE as a NATION are to blame for that.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

penninja

As I watch the density of radioactive flow head on almost a direct line to San Diego, it really annoys the crap out of me, my favorite food in the world is sushi, honestly the longest lived people in the world eat a lot of fish and I am very sure it increases intelligence.

I also think working harder because the world is full of problems is important because we are pretty close to making cancer go bye bye...and I can make a real financial contribution to that cause.

I also look at more esoteric ideas like magnetism and gravity and how one might be able to speed up the rate of atomic decay

I have supplemented Potassium Iodine since this began... because yeah it will have an impact.

And... no surfing without a wet suit and at least a nose plug... EVEN THOUGH the reality is, even the densest flow is infinitely LESS likely to give me cancer at the moment being only slightly above acceptable levels allowed in the water supply than for example... the God Damned Nuclear subs sitting in the bay doing a release while i'm out on my board...

The real world is one where the USA puts more toxic crap into the air and water than the rest of the world combined every damned dog day, the real world is... only taking care of myself and being aware MIGHT stop me from dying of cancer too young and THAT ISSUE already existed before this.

The "lifestyle" that led to the need for that power plant and it even existing is running full speed ahead... and we are the ones funding it.

At THIS moment... there exists a POSSIBILITY, endless POSSIBILITIES that something "Novel" will be done that NO ONE can predict, there is great reason for hope, to be positive to TRY in regards to Fukushima the TRUTH the SCIENCE... The Ocean is radio active as heck in the first place... I'm in Northern AZ, there is Uranium in the damned soil, also Anthrax, bubonic plague is local, i'm near where just tons of nuclear material was released in both New Mexico and Nevada.... I'm fine.

The bug spray my landlord wants me to use, San Onofrio sitting on the San Andreas.... or the Jesus H Christ large plant outside of Phoenix with not a drop of water in sight in an emergency, the genetically modified food, the 5 Million peoples car exhaust daily... Do I need to go on?

Tons of it already

There is nothing to do but look for legitimate fixes... and not freak out, chances are you already have cancer, be well don't stress you might hold it at bay until 90...

I look on the bright side... A century ago, the root canal I needed would have killed me at 22, today we have vast technology, I think we'll win the race...

So screw the doom, do something useful in the meantime, you probably picked up the cause of the big C when it gets to you when you were 7 playing with a roach motel or something... there's so much crap in your water already... WE as a NATION are to blame for that.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
What i'm saying is...

If you're worried about fukushima... then God damned get political, look at your own nation and it's 1.2 Trillion expense on destruction, and do something about it.

World intervention... won't do squat... being America and investing that trillion a year into SCIENCE and EDUCATION will... I feel 100% confident that IF we had a method of helping, the Japanese would take it. In the meantime the Japanese ARE a highly educated people and they go about their business going to school and working because at heart I think they know, ONE BRIGHT IDEA can save the day in this ONE problem.

Meanwhile, American opinion on this subject... I mean MY GOD some of the stuff being posted is outrageously over blown. Scientifically retarded.

You're talking 5 years from now... maybe 10 if some things go well...or never...

5 years before the Polio Vaccine... lol there was Polio

Enough DOOM.... Solutions

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

It is highly interesting and i will look for it too,
but Fukushima got a Water Cleaning Facility which remove 99%
of all Nuclides, except Tritium
but Cesium, Plutonium or Strontium get cleaned up.

We know already a few Minerals who absorb Radiation,
Zeolite, Boron are just two but the Problem remain:
"What are we doing with this contaminated Minerals
after they done their Job and is this really less risky"!

And finally "Russian Today" is a really bad Hoax Station,
Non-Stop of Yellow Journalsim and we must be very careful
with their Stories and Headlines!

But Science is the only Way to solve our global Problems!

reply to post by crankyoldman

I understand your Anger and you will be more angry but i need to say it again:
there is no proof or evidence of a so called "China Syndrome",
or at least i do not saw any,
you should write: "in my Opinion (imo.) there is a China Syndrome"!
edit on 23-9-2013 by Human0815 because: add one more Reply!

You are very prolific, and insulting....
There are those of us here who really would be about solutions. You wanna point fingers, via Hurricane Katrina and what some of us have lived through...
then that isnt about solutions. Just sayin'....

I don't care much for your extraplations as to the current crises, for it does not inform any of us as to how to solve the current quandary; it's only about how the rest of u s on this thread are not meeting your current expectations. I have posted about solutions.....
Get a grip.. and screw your analysis, for you just got here, and thought to judge us all..

How about we debate, instead, the possibiilties of what could clean that radiation and be dealt with, thereafter

You wanna talk to me about hurricane Katrina, and throw that in my face....get a grip. grow up. already.
solutions, or shut the frig up.
Tetra50

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

penninja

Tons of it already

Based on the data I wrote down six months ago: ongoing Cesium 137 release equaled about 650 lethal doses Every two hours(If you were to have an orderly line); Cesium 134 would add at least another 325; the rest of the isotopes(excluding Uranium and Plutonium) would bring this total up to at least 1250 lethal doses every two hours(with the orderly line). The numbers listed are for one month and are cumulative. The bulk of this radiation has been dumped into the Pacific Ocean so the effects SEEM to be minimal at this point. I need accurate information, and I need ALL of it for my numbers to be useful.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

Curse stomp your feet

You're the one pretend cursing me to avoid the censor, I mentioned a lot of things I am into doing, I am talking in several posts about where you should look to the solution and that It is within the wealthiest nation on Earth's capacity to do.

YOU are the CREEP accusing a hopeful Japanese Guy of somehow being responsible for deaths...

I've offered A LOT of things we can do... One of them being, REALIZE we are the ones actually pushing this crap technology

You're still going on about Katrina to which I say boo hoo... compared to this at least, This thread is moronic, basically going into taking over a nation that is by populace one of if not THE most scientifically educated populaces Per capita in the world.

Take it personally IF you choose... In Science and Math America has 47 Nations standing on it's shoulders with a better view. I gave you a solution GET AN EDUCATION, DON'T INSULT PEOPLE WITH A BETTER UNDERSTANDING THAN YOU AND MAKE ACCUSATIONS. Particularly in a moronic thread. You're the one in the Nation with a spare trillion a year to waste attacking people everywhere in a thread that in the end amounts to... another damn coalition of the willing to solve a problem that you don't understand because somehow we or anyone else can do it better?

This guy... who somehow has some responsibility for "deaths" because he is talking SENSE has in these threads been told stuff ranging from what you said... to "I hope everyone in Tokyo dies"

As if you know... they asked for a Tsunami

He actually has some degree of knowledge unlike 90% of the posters here.

link   
reply to post by tetra50

Curse stomp your feet

You're the one pretend cursing me to avoid the censor, I mentioned a lot of things I am into doing, I am talking in several posts about where you should look to the solution and that It is within the wealthiest nation on Earth's capacity to do.

YOU are the CREEP accusing a hopeful Japanese Guy of somehow being responsible for deaths...

I've offered A LOT of things we can do... One of them being, REALIZE we are the ones actually pushing this crap technology

You're still going on about Katrina to which I say boo hoo... compared to this at least, This thread is moronic, basically going into taking over a nation that is by populace one of if not THE most scientifically educated populaces Per capita in the world.

Take it personally IF you choose... In Science and Math America has 47 Nations standing on it's shoulders with a better view. I gave you a solution GET AN EDUCATION, DON'T INSULT PEOPLE WITH A BETTER UNDERSTANDING THAN YOU AND MAKE ACCUSATIONS. Particularly in a moronic thread. You're the one in the Nation with a spare trillion a year to waste attacking people everywhere in a thread that in the end amounts to... another damn coalition of the willing to solve a problem that you don't understand because somehow we or anyone else can do it better?

This guy... who somehow has some responsibility for "deaths" because he is talking SENSE has in these threads been told stuff ranging from what you said... to "I hope everyone in Tokyo dies"

As if you know... they asked for a Tsunami

He actually has some degree of knowledge unlike 90% of the posters here.

link   
reply to post by tetra50

Please feel free to pseudo censor curse me again with nothing to say and blame the Japanese guy when your educational level on the subject matter is an actual ZERO

This thread is brilliant, I'm sure a coalition of nations taking over is a great way to go it always works well.

Considering 80% of America's PHD's are foreign students.... the typical poster actually doesn't even know how radiation even works, our president is a social worker... yeah screw the technology literate absolutely calm Japs... this is a job for the world... we can include Rwanda and Burma and make it like a United colors of Benetton thing, Bring in some experts from Chile and Poland... Have a concert... Americans LOVE it when we have a concert for disasters. You can relate your experiences in Katrina to a Nuclear Freakin meltdown and sound like an absolute retard to every japanese person you talk to...

edit on 25-9-2013 by penninja because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

The amount of radiation flushed into the Pacific Ocean thus far is at least 450,000 lethal doses per day. The Pacific ocean IS huge, but at some point in time the cumulative effects will catch up with us.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Thanks for that, CREEP... no anyone who has read ths thread knows who has offered solutions and done the other...what you accuse. Screw you..

I'm over this frigggin crap. You wanna debate solutions, as to this is what its truly about, or call people "creep", you go on then, and solve our penultimate problems.....excuse me for being here and thinking.....you go ahead and solve the world'd problems... it's so sad...it comes down to competition, doesnt it....
have at it.....radiation and otherwise.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

TheWetCoast

The amount of radiation flushed into the Pacific Ocean thus far is at least 450,000 lethal doses per day. The Pacific ocean IS huge, but at some point in time the cumulative effects will catch up with us.

This is based off of data released over six months ago. These numbers might need to be multiplied by 5-10 times to be accurate.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

This is like debating Honey Boo Boo

YOU Attacked a Japanese guy as if he somehow has complicity in these events for staying calm.

I DID offer a solution, YOUR country has 104 RUNNING NUCLEAR REACTORS half are out of date... GENERAL ELECTRIC an AMERICAN COMPANY designed the reactor. AMERICA needs to stop attacking everybody, Wake Up to it's COMPLICITY in these events, START closing these ticking time bombs, STOP selling the technology abroad.

People WILL DIE, Yes, that can't be helped now... SOLUTIONS. I gave you the TRUTH and that is what we SEEK HERE. We Can't STOP it, we can only control the damage, the Only improvement will NOW be to DO as these Nasty foreigners are doing like the Germans and the Japanese and close the rest as JAPAN mainly is doing to the best of their ability. SO NO MORE HAPPENS, it IS NOT the End of the freakin world BUT IT WILL BE IF YOUR NATION KEEPS BUILDING THIS CRAP

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

penninja
reply to post by tetra50

YOU Attacked a Japanese guy as if he somehow has complicity in these events for staying calm.

I DID offer a solution, YOUR country has 104 RUNNING NUCLEAR REACTORS half are out of date... GENERAL ELECTRIC an AMERICAN COMPANY designed the reactor. AMERICA needs to stop attacking everybody, Wake Up to it's COMPLICITY in these events, START closing these ticking time bombs, STOP selling the technology abroad.

People WILL DIE, Yes, that can't be helped now... SOLUTIONS. I gave you the TRUTH and that is what we SEEK HERE. We Can't STOP it, we can only control the damage, the Only improvement will NOW be to DO as these Nasty foreigners are doing like the Germans and the Japanese and close the rest as JAPAN mainly is doing to the best of their ability. SO NO MORE HAPPENS, it IS NOT the End of the freakin world BUT IT WILL BE IF YOUR NATION KEEPS BUILDING THIS CRAP

This is really almost funny. I am being pounded. You are pounding me, personally. I gave options for this, on this thread, I could care less what you think.. the above post shows you are, I don' t know what what....
go for that, babe... But it's not funny, cause of what those out here will suffer...
edit on 25-9-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Hang on what happens when the fuel rods mix with the earths magma? could it cause a super volcano that sets off all the others around the ring of fire? bloody hell we can't leave this to one country this was suppose to have been a world wide involvement but no Tepco decided to keep it hush hush and black-out internationals. Won't ceramic be able to handle the heat or diamond?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

penninja
reply to post by tetra50

I don't care about your feelings or your personal grudges. THERE ARE NO SOLUTIONS to the problem that is Fukushima.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Sk8ergrl
Hang on what happens when the fuel rods mix with the earths magma? could it cause a super volcano that sets off all the others around the ring of fire? bloody hell we can't leave this to one country this was suppose to have been a world wide involvement but no Tepco decided to keep it hush hush and black-out internationals. Won't ceramic be able to handle the heat or diamond?
I don't think the corium can drop below the water table. It will all end up in the Pacific Ocean(unless we see another fire).

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join