It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Tourist attraction bosses ban C word

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Yet again we see Political Correctness rearing its idiotic head as bosses of the Eden Project in Cornwall ban the 'C' word - Christmas !!! Staff of the tourist attraction have been instructed not to wish visitors a 'Happy Christmas' in fear of it offending people of other faiths.

www.thesun.co.uk
Management have renamed Christmas �Time of Gifts� � claiming this will appeal to everyone at the domed eco project in Cornwall which gets millions of pounds in funding each year from taxpayers.

A gift shop at the site has been re-named the Great Gift Grotto.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I am forever amazed at the utter stupidity of the Politically Correct. They say that they are doing this in case people of other faiths are offended - but what about Christians ? Don't they count ?

I am yet to meet anyone from any 'other faith' who is offended by the word 'Christmas', yet the Politically Correct think that it is quite acceptable for them to force this stupidity onto people. Have they actually asked any Hindus, Sikhs, Jews, Muslims, Pagans etc what they think ? ... I doubt it.

Time for me to visit the Great Gift Grotto for my Time of Gifts cards, I think.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The PC crowd just keeps getting weirder.

I dont mind being wished a happy ANYTHING what does it hurt to share in someone elses holiday? I have been to cinco de mayo parties and it means nothing to me but free beer and burgers

People need to lighten up

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
As far as I know, Christmas is the only religious holiday which the faithful freely share with the entire world. Whatever your faith, Christmas is the time when all are encouraged to share in the joy of giving, which is the true spirit of Christmas.

Whether you are Christian, Jew, Muslim, Wiccan, or pantheist you can decorate a tree, put on a Santa suit and share the joy giving with all the world. What could be wrong with that?

I think what most of us miss is that Jesus didn't establish a religion, he lived a religion of faith in his heavenly Father and the dedication of His life to the Father's will that he wanted to share with the world.

Unfortunately, we missed the point and we continue to miss it.

[edit on 04/11/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Jeez.

I'm Pagan (Gardnerian) and I tell you what - someone tell me I can't say Christmas, I'm going to be saying A LOT damn more than that.

Not because of a "don't tell me" attitude or anything, but good grief Charlie Brown, it's Christmas !!

Misfit

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The management of this place are idiots.

Not all people associated Christmas with gifs, so their new name of "Time of Gifts" is an absolute joke - they're directly associating Christmas with "the need to buy gifts".

If anything in that business needs changing, it's the management.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The absurdity is one can just say "Happy Holidays, as Christmas is not the only event of the season. Making up an entirely new phrase exposes the small mindedness of being politically correct to such an extent.

Regardless, I celebrate Christmas, and to me wishing someone a Merry Christmas from my point of view is a way to NOT exclude those who don't from being included my well wishes for the season. I feel it would be discriminatory to do the opposite.

The whole thing has gone too far.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
And from now on Easter will be Happy Chocolate Junk Food day and um I don't know the other English holidays.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
And from now on Easter will be Happy Chocolate Junk Food day and um I don't know the other English holidays.

st. valentine's day -cards and chocolate
easter -cards and chocolate
thanksgiving -gluttonny
halloween -chocolate and candy
christmas -chocolate, gluttony and indulgent oppulence
new years eve -debauchery
have i left anything out? 'religious' holidays, HA! hypocracy to the max, man. they should be called what they REALLY are; 'cash cow days'.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Dont know what it is like in the states but crimbo has been way ova top this year. There were advent calenders in the supermarket near my house at the end of august and about the same time there were any amount of xmas specials on the tv. Spend spend consume consume its christmas forget about the war ha ha ha!

Anyway this not offending other religions crap is way out of control over here. A local school near me that has alot of muslim children cancelled the nativity play on the request of parents, wenesday at the swimming pool is muslim women night and someone in our local council suggested the of re-naming part of my town little india because it has a 20 or so Curry restraunts on the main road(even though it is predominantly bangledeshi)

Even my local Southern Fried Chicken take away is Halal !!!

Sorry to sound like a BNP propoganda pamphlet but I think The British establishment knows we are only one terror attack away from serious civil strife. The communities are already polorised and unfortunatly thier soloution of greater forced intergratrion is only makin matters worse. Dont belive me, look whats happening in the Netherlands.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
thanksgiving -gluttonny

I don't believe that these are religious holidays. Halloween isn't even a holiday nor is Valentine's day, for that matter.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

thanksgiving -gluttonny

I don't believe that these are religious holidays. Halloween isn't even a holiday nor is Valentine's day, for that matter.

you're right, of course. i think i made a point, though.
most card carrying christians don't differentiate between religious and non religious holidays. they have all become more ritual than holy. pagan ritual, even.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I got the feeling that most of these "enphasis" on religion and "political" correctness is a sarcatic way to show how divided we really are as a nation.

I think more is coming our way, and I find it hilarious.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   

easter -cards and chocolate
thanksgiving -gluttonny
christmas -chocolate, gluttony and indulgent oppulence
have i left anything out? 'religious' holidays, HA! hypocracy to the max, man. they should be called what they REALLY are; 'cash cow days'.

Easter will now be called find the Bunny who lays eggs day.
Thanksgiving - Sacrifice a turkey day
Halloween - Dress up like a ghost or slut day
Christmas - Support your local mall day
New Years - Support your local pub or night club night
Valentines - Support your florist day

top topics

join