It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neo-Nazis Take Over North Dakota Town in the U.S. – Native Americans and Activists Protest

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

200Plus
reply to post by MysteriousHusky

Like Borough Park, NY or Dearborn, MI, or Mexicantown (old SW Detroit)?

++Before I get flamed for that or called a racist. I did not name it Mexicantown, nor is it used as a disparaging remark as far as I know. Even the Highway exit signs have been changed to say "Mexicantown next three exits".++

In all three of those areas peoples of a like mind and similar racial background live in close proximity. The local store fronts are no longer in English and to work in the area you must be fluent in a foreign language. What makes it so evil when white people do it?
Unless the communities in question are bigots like this neo-Nazi group (or as you call them, "white people"), your post is pretty misleading.
edit on 25-9-2013 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by technical difficulties

Explain what was misleading? I am a white person and not a bigot, I believe the two can be separate things.

I have been through Dearborn and been followed, verbally and physically attacked based on my being white and being there.

I live in Mexicantown. I have been followed, harassed, verbally and physically assaulted based on my being white and living there.

Not sure where I mislead anyone really.

Not sure about the New York area. I highly doubt that violence is part of the make up of that area.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I have heard of this, and how it started out as one person buying up property, selling that which he bought to others and slowly increasing the number in that area. But there is something else that no one has considered. With the more announcement of where racism is being more pronounced, where people like Al Sharpton and Obama tend to try people in the Media where, the hate laws tend to be one way, is it any wonder that this is happening?

The government is partially to blame for this, especially the department of Justice, with its turning a blind eye to some crimes and actively persuing others in the name of racial equality. The problem is that it appears as though the scales are focused more on the minority side and ultimately is leaving a lot of people who are not in that category feeling left out in the cold and jaded. So they are exercising their right to live where they choose and ultimately their freedom of speech. As long as there is no violence, who cares?

Ultimately this is not going to resolve itself as long as the government keeps enforcing the laws unfairly and as long as it is shown and proven that such occurs, along with the constant reminder of someone's ancestor was a slave being brought up and put into our faces and a constant reminder, there will be those that get tired and decide that the other side is more correct.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I can understand the concerns of these Native people. A Native teen was attacked and killed by a white supremacist man who transplanted himself onto the outskirts of the Crow reservation, then started a hate campaign against Natives.

Little Pioneer Europe has been moving it's group about 2 hours north of me for the past few years. They advertise on their blog that the area is an all white area, completely forgetting the fact that the town borders on the Salish reservation. They have no problem letting people know how much they hate Native Americans.

Hopefully they will get driven out the way the skinheads up in Hayden Idaho were many years ago. They all moved in, thought they had a piece of their hate pie until they found out that the majority of the people living in the area didn't want them there.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

200Plus

Explain what was misleading? I am a white person and not a bigot, I believe the two can be separate things.

I have been through Dearborn and been followed, verbally and physically attacked based on my being white and being there.

I live in Mexicantown. I have been followed, harassed, verbally and physically assaulted based on my being white and living there.

Not sure where I mislead anyone really.

Not sure about the New York area. I highly doubt that violence is part of the make up of that area.
Making out this group of neo-nazis to be just "white people" can be considered misleading to some. Someone being a racial supremacist isn't really a quality of that you can just ignore, especially in a story like this.

As for your proof, you didn't really provide any. Anecdotes aren't exactly strong evidence (at least when they're the only evidence you provide). Provide articles or videos displaying anti-white incidents.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Very little I can possibly say about this that wasn't said by a better man than I

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Actually, I am in favor of having a "reservation" where folks who want to hate can segregate themselves from everyone they hate. Some place like North Dakota would be perfect. Everyone who hates someone for some petty reason can all carve up a part of North Dakota where they can build their (insert hated group here)-free utopias, forever segregated away from that they despise. And, well the rest of the world....gets to live in peace and prosperity. It's a win-win no matter which side of the giant-barbed-wire fence.

I really think we should do this.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

You want me to show proof of anti-white experiences in life to counter an article that bashes white people who haven't committed a crime.

No bias there at all.

If the reasoning behind your obvious bias is simply you do not like these people, what makes you so different than them?

Other than calling me a racist and a Nazi or a stormfront junkie or whatever. What CRIME have these people committed?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Would anyone care if their heads met an aluminum baseball bat in the middle of the night?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

Would anyone care if their heads met an aluminum baseball bat in the middle of the night?

Yes. I would.

Why don't you go old school and use a rope and a tree? Less blood that way.

We don't have enough killing for you now?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Trust me when i say that these beliefs are the result of very low self esteem. These people desperately need help with their mental health. They're unhappy with their own lives and downtrodden. Being a neo-nazi offers them both a place to fit in and a feeling of superiority that they wouldn't otherwise have. They're the usual unemployed, friendless oddballs and the best case for prescribing prozac that i know of.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Scorchio

The three I met and got to know had one thing in common. They came from majority black areas, and were victimized for being white in those areas as kids, their deep racism stems from those experiences. None of them are unemployed losers either, or at least weren't at the time, I didn't keep in touch. They were on a construction job I had worked at.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

200Plus

You want me to show proof of anti-white experiences in life to counter an article that bashes white people who haven't committed a crime.

No bias there at all.

If the reasoning behind your obvious bias is simply you do not like these people, what makes you so different than them?

Other than calling me a racist and a Nazi or a stormfront junkie or whatever. What CRIME have these people committed?

My problem isn't with the white supremacists. My problem is with you writing off said white supremacists as just "white people", which you've done twice now, in addition to making comparisons with other ethnic communities that you claim to be bigoted (and yet don't provide any proof to back up).

Also there's really no need to prove that white supremacists (or as you call them, "white people") are bigots. That really goes without saying.

If you were more honest in the description of this group, and provided proof that those communities you listed are just as bigoted, then I wouldn't have needed to reply to you.
edit on 3-10-2013 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

To be honest there was no reason for you to reply to me. Your last post confirms what your opinion is.

RACISM:

if committed by whites = "goes without saying"
if committed by non-whites = "requires proof"

Your bias shines like a beacon. After that you have no was to deny you are racist yourself.

OT - Still nothing to show what these people have done that is illegal?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

200Plus

To be honest there was no reason for you to reply to me. Your last post confirms what your opinion is.

RACISM:

if committed by whites = "goes without saying"
if committed by non-whites = "requires proof"

Your bias shines like a beacon. After that you have no was to deny you are racist yourself.

OT - Still nothing to show what these people have done that is illegal?
And you did it again.

You do realize that these are white supremacists right? Probably not, since you can't seem to acknowledge that the fact that they are, telling everyone that they're just white people.

Here's a photo of the group in question which also appears in the OP:

There's also a quote from one of the members themselves admitting that they're white supremacists in the story that appears in the OP.

Neo-Nazi Jeff Schoep said that this is not just about moving somewhere, but taking over all local offices to form an overtly white supremacist government. ”We have every intention of legally assuming control of the local government.”

Finally, the title of this thread (and story that is mentioned in the OP) refers to the group as neo-nazis, and does so constantly throughout the story.

As for the other thing, I never said they did anything illegal. You seem to have a lot of trouble when it comes to following my posts. You could always try taking English classes if the problem persists.
edit on 4-10-2013 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Non issue until they break the law (I'm assuming they won't), dumb story.

We disagree with a lot of people in society, these people are no different.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Come one, seriously.. tired of seeing people repeat this factoid, look at the nazis, they were not all blonde and blue eyed, Hitler wasn't, Himmler wasn't, it was never considered a prerequisite to being a nazi, most nazis probably wasn't blonde and blue eyed.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Non issue until they break the law (I'm assuming they won't), dumb story.

Just a quick update, Cobbs and Dutton are in custody. Both were charged with multiple counts of terrorism. They took it upon themselves to do an armed patrol of the town.

Unsafe living conditions, child neglect, refusing service, evictions, vandalism, threats to saftey and a whole mash of internet bashing are just a few things that are being done by both sides of this issue.

Here are multiple articles from one news source www.kfyrtv.com...
and a link to the Leith Website www.leithnd.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Are these people any more racist than some people of other colors?
Probably not, such people are everywhere.
These people don't make a point of hiding it is all.
Hear me out please, this is important.
What happens next if you take this group and completely alienate them?
They will believe their actions are self-justified - just look at how they're being treated!
So they will close ranks, trust no one outside their group and perhaps plan very evil things, completely in private.
Do we really want this group thinking they're at war with the world?

My question to you is:
Would you rather punish these people or hope they can see the light and understand why what they believe is messed up?
Mind you so far this isn't criminal behavior, per se but could easily develop in to that.

In castigating these people we drive them even further away from mainstream society.
They're just people, people who have made a rather large mistake in their beliefs but still people none the less.

It would be my preference to cure such ills rather than set them loose to do their worst.
We can't help them if they know we despise them.
Maybe the problem is nobody has treated them like people either.
edit on 5-12-2013 by Asktheanimals because: All italics? wth?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

what you said is so true. Unfortunately in the states if one does not have Metis or French-Canadian or mayflower ancestors it is rather difficult to trace one`s ancestry. I`m pretty shur that allot of them have no intrest in genealogy (as alot of young people these days don`t) and just have pent-up rage that comes out in a form of racism. Funny that going by the racial profiling of Germany during the war only about one or two MAY fit one of the `pure` races but only marginally. None of them would be capable of going through the training required and therefore none would make the grade for even cannon fodder. That`s what is so funny about white supremacy groupes like National Front like these people seem to be judging by their shirts. Even funnier is back earlier in history it was the Middle East and Mediterranean that was considered the hight of society in the west while blond haired blue eyed people were considered to be lily-livered cowards in the west. No offence to anyone of such ancestry but that was the mentality in the west at the time.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join