It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tree of Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

The Tree of Time
(The tree in my dream was similar but had long horizontal branches to walk on for days ,and was a lot bigger/taller)

I'd like to share a dream I had a few years ago, that I still think about from time to time.

In this dream I found myself on top of a gigantic tree, bigger and taller than anything on earth, it was so high I could see half of the earth standing on one of its branches.
I found myself walking on this horizontal branch -which was thick and wide enough so my fear of heights didn't kick in - with a small group of people (about 6-7).

I didn't know these people, but had the strong feeling/ inner knowledge that we were all chosen to witness something.

We walked and walked on this horizontal branch for what seemed like hours, perhaps even days. We were surrounded by fresh air, thick clouds and a beautiful view of about half of the earth below us.

I asked one of the other people walking with me where we were. And he looked at me surprised for not knowing and said: "Don't you know? We are walking on the tree of time." He turned around and continued walking.

I then looked down and saw what seemed like a little town/ village change, and grow and become more civilized by the minute in front of my own eyes.
The landscape/ view changed from little village with wooden huts, and a small group of people into an enormous, and modern city with streets, skyscrapers, cars, etc.

Then I said out loud in my dream: " Now I understand." Then someone from the group offered me a bread-like food, which I ate, and then suddenly woke up.
This dream has stayed with me all these years, and has always seemed very important to me. I felt like perhaps I was fortunate enough to walk the tree of time and witness something very special.

I have spent countless hours throughout the years trying to get information on 'the tree of time' but simply can't find anything. I found lots of information about 'the tree of life' , but I know for sure that is not what my dream was about, I clearly remember it being called the 'tree of time'.

Any information on the Tree of Time is welcome.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

You had the dream, know the answer. You are on the branch, take shorter steps, lest you fall off.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ezekielken

Thank you for your wisdom. If I might say your response was just as mysterious as my dream.

Yes, I understood after I woke up what the dream meant... I was allowed to witness civilization in progress, and how it began on earth with a small group of people.
The only thing I was never lucky enough to find more information about was the tree of time itself.

I've only found an artist do this digital painting and name it "the tree of time" but that's where my luck stops.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

People see time as linear. Past, present, future.

But space is three-dimensional. So why do we keep thinking of time as one dimension? Since space and time are completely interwoven, it seems to me that time has a second and third dimension as well.

Most people see left to right. There is also an up and down, and also an in and out. Obviously.

If it weren't true, then how do our minds access the abstract? From where do we derive possibility?

But that which has become, or has been imagined, is stored in the tree. The trees roots are in potential. The tree grows as time matters.

The horizontal branches of the tree of time are historical media. The branch you were walking on is the development of civilization. That is a topic of interest to you.

So therefore, it was shown to you by those that see time from the upper limits and the outer depths of time. When you are in an airplane, you can see this town and that town and this town and that town. When you are on the ground, you are in town.

The same as with time.

When you are above the ground of time, you are able to see this time-frame, and that time-frame, and this time-frame. But when you are on the ground, you are in the time-frame.

The body exists in the spatial realm. The mind exists in the temporal realm. Both exists completely interwoven into each other. So therefore, the effects of one happen upon the other. When happens to the body happens to the mind; and what happens to the mind, also happens to the body.

What is witnessed in the body manifests in the mind; and what is witnessed in the mind manifests in the body.

So therefore, the tree is not a tree, but it is actually a book.

For by reading, you are able to see time before, time now, and how time could manifest. And books take hours, sometimes days to get through. And your eyes are far above the ink of the book, seeing the images from many vantage points; possessing a great portion of the world in between your hands. And it isn't until you finish the book that then you are able to close your eyes and replay the entire book in your mind in a matter of seconds. Step by step you walk the branch, but not until you are done walking and you stop to see the process will you finally understand.

The bread is the token of understanding. Be satisfied.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

It sounds like a formative experience and you are correct to realize that you cannot (or should not) attempt to interpret it yourself.

It seems to emphasize the 'matter of factness' of the observational nature of individual existence. "...don't you know?"

I am interested to hear what others have to say about it.
edit on 22-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Thank you, your interpretation helped a lot. It is definitely food for thought.

For by reading, you are able to see time before, time now, and how time could manifest. And books take hours, sometimes days to get through. And your eyes are far above the ink of the book, seeing the images from many vantage points; possessing a great portion of the world in between your hands. And it isn't until you finish the book that then you are able to close your eyes and replay the entire book in your mind in a matter of seconds. Step by step you walk the branch, but not until you are done walking and you stop to see the process will you finally understand.

I'm not ashamed to say that you seemed to understand my dream much more than I ever thought I did. Once again thanks for taking your time to help a fellow dreamer out.

reply to post by greencmp

Thank you, and I'm glad I posted this dream. I knew it had a deeper meaning, and I needed a little help with it. I think TarzanBeta's interpretation was spot on.

I too am curious to see how other members will interpret this dream.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Thank God. He gave it to me as I was pumping an air mattress up. My wife counted 515 strokes; after her 50 upon which she quit.

top topics

join