It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ENTERTAINMENT: Ol' Dirty Bastard Collapses, Dies In Studio

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Russell Jones who was known variously as Ol' Dirty Bastard, Big Baby Jesus, Dirt McGirt and Rusty died in the studio today after complaining of chest pains. He was 35 years old.

www.billboard.com
Edited By Jonathan Cohen. November 13, 2004, 9:45 PM ET

Ol' Dirty Bastard Collapses, Dies In Studio

Rapper Ol' Dirty Bastard, who lived a life as wild as his lyrics, collapsed and died inside a recording studio today (Nov. 13). He was 35. The artist, whose real name was Russell Jones, had complained of chest pains before collapsing at the Manhattan studio, according to a statement from his label, Roc-A-Fella Records.

Jones, who was also known variously as Dirt McGirt or Big Baby Jesus, was a founding member of iconic hip-hop collective Wu-Tang Clan in the early 1990s. With his offbeat, unorthodox delivery, he segued into a successful solo career and released several hit singles, including 1999's "Got Your Money."

But he was frequently in trouble with the law, mostly for drug possession. In February 1998, he crashed the stage at the Grammy Awards and hijacked a microphone from singer Shawn Colvin as she accepted an award, apparently upset over losing the best rap album Grammy to Puff Daddy. Later that year, he was wounded in a shooting during a robbery in his apartment.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Russell Jones lived on the edge, just as many rappers have. His death stands in contrast to the violent deaths experienced by so many others. In my day, it was Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Cass Elliot and Jim Morrison who captured our hearts and imagination with their talent.

I can remember exactly where I was when I heard that Janis Joplin had died. I guess this day will strike the hearts of many here in the same way.

Related News Links:
www.cbc.ca
www.usatoday.com
www.cfra.com
www.newsnet5.com

[edit on 04/11/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Noooooooo!!!! Not The Dirty???

Why do these people die young???

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Rest In Peace Osirus.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
In reviewing the forum, this topic already exists here on BTS:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Please post your thoughts and comments there.

Thanks
FredT

top topics

join