It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre misdelivery of package

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

Would love to know if said project turns out successful... Now that would be worthy of a thread!

Eta: On second thought...knowing what I know about the universe... The project itself could've been a complete waste of time. BUT... There could have been another reason that your friend needed to pursue this project with this guy. For example, maybe he meets his future wife at a Starbucks where he and weird name guy go meet up to talk about the progress of the project. Or it could have saved his life in ways we could never guess... So we may never know the reason, but if something obvious appears to be it, then that would be a cool thread.
edit on 9/26/2013 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
My thoughts so far is that our reality is some sort of system or matrix, and like the film 'The Matrix' people can be used for the system to 'work through'. However, in this case I like to think that something more benevolent (or at least neutral) was effecting my postman (rather than the more malevolent influence as shown in the film). He said he was feeling tired, not thinking properly - maybe the ideal state for the 'matrix' or what don Juan (from Castaneda books) would call 'Spirit' or 'Power' or 'Intent' to act upon him.

MrConspiracy
I don't know if paranormal is the right word... I'd probably go with.... unusual?

I don't think it's a coincidence, personally. It's far too in depth and bizarre to be one, statistically.

So therefore, if everything was as you say it was (I have no reason to think you're lying, don't worry) then i'd say that it's definitely an unexplained event that has no logical reasoning.

So... where do you go from here? Take the mind power route or.... brush it off as just "one of those strange things" - They probably get brushed off daily, and we never know! The world is a wacky place.

All the best.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
That's a pretty mad experience your friend had! When you described him finding that pendant in the earth while digging and pondering about whether to go ahead with the project - my first thought was: is the universe really telling him to go ahead with it? Maybe it was telling him the opposite?

Baddogma
reply to post by MrConspiracy

Well, 'paranormal' works... so does 'highly, weirdly unusual,' or synchronicity.

Just a couple days ago, for instance, my friend was introduced to a guy with a very unusual name. They hit it off and made plans for a future project with some risk involved.

A few hours later my friend was wondering if he should go ahead with the project while digging in his garden.

His hand shovel hit something solid a foot down in the dirt and it was an old pendant. When he cleaned it off the guy's odd name was inscribed on the pendant.

It shook him up and he decided to do the project because "the universe said to." He laughed about it but it's been haunting him. He is an arch skeptical materialist... or was, heh.
edit on 9/25/2013 by Baddogma because: grammar

edit on 9/25/2013 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I'm really sorry to hear what happened to your kitten Kiki.

With regards your new Twitter account follower, nice synchronicity!

theabsolutetruth
reply to post by Aelfrede

I sort of think the parcel thing was a coincidence or glitch but to add something to the comment you just made, my first cat as a child was called Kiki, it had enteritis as a kitten and was nursed back from the brink, a few months after though it was killed by a motorist, which resulted in hours of crying from me, I had a few similar coloured cats after that with similar markings.

ETA just as I typed this ''Childhood Memories'' just became a follower of my Twitter account.

edit on 25-9-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I could try replicating it, but can't help wondering if he's on guard for it now. He kept saying he doesn't normally make mistakes, and I had to keep assuring him that I wasn't making a complaint - I was just intrigued about the mystery of it all, and that in fact I quite liked the 'mistake' ;-)

My thoughts are that some unseen force was acting on my postman. The same force that brings about other bizarre synchronistic events every day all over the world (and universe no doubt).

TheReclaimer
It is interesting the postman's explanation "I was tired, confused, etc." Even if true, what caused him to send a package to your friend's address specifically? Out of the hundreds of other houses he could have wrongly sent the package to. He chose your friend's house. What drove him to arrive to that location? Unless of course, he somehow knew it was a package meant for her.

What if you replicate the experience? Buy something for her online again with the intention of giving it to her but put your address like you did. See if it results the same way. If not, then perhaps it was just some crazy coincidence.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
No I didn't enter my friend's address at all, not even a bit of it. It was just a moments thought that I could send it but then quickly thought no I'd rather be able to wrap it and give it to her myself.

syrinx2112
Not sure if this has been asked.

Did you enter your friends address at all, even if you didn't hit the submit key, and then you cleared out your friends address, and put your addrese in?

Bope this made sense?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede

Yeah, the universe didn't bother to tell my friend 'yes' or 'no,' it just hit him upside the head. I'd bet the guy is more important than the project... for some reason that will reveal itself.

And the postman being tired, or spaced out is interesting... in that I've been told by "sensitive" people that we are more receptive when we're in a light trance state, like when we are driving and don't remember the last few blocks clearly, or when we're tired.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join