It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre misdelivery of package

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Another very strange occurrence! Thanks for sharing!

skonaz
I actually had a similar experience which was very coincidental.
I had just hired a new staff member for my employer.
Her first week at work she came in with a letter addressed to me with my address on it.
It had been delivered to her house in error.
We did not live on the same street exactly but in the same area and do not have similar names or anything.
The oddest part was that she handed it to me like it was't strange and I just said thanks and took it without it feeling like anything extraordinary had happened.
I didnt really think about the odds of it being delivered to someone who knew me personally until much later, much less someone I had only just met and interviewed.
Weird.

edit on 24/9/13 by skonaz because: spelling

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede

You're most welcome.
I fully understood what you thought was strange about your experience.
Of course it's not impossible - but what would be the odds of your or my experience occurring?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
It's not paranormal . If you did it on line especially.
I'm not sure how it work, but if you hhave ever typed her address on it before, especially to he same website, it's somehow stored and they can get the info.
Something similar happened to me once while ordering.
The address just got auto filled in, when it want mine, but someone else'.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

sled735
reply to post by TheOutcast

Yes, it is. You have a lot of "spiritual growing" to do, my friend.
Better start on that research now so you can catch up.

If by "spiritual growing" you mean trying to live in a fantasy world because reality is just not good enough, then I think I'll pass.
The world of make believe and wishful thinking worked well for me as a child, but now reality holds just as much, or even more wonder and amazement than "Let's Pretend" ever did.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I can understand that not many of us have time to read entire threads - but if you're going to write with such steadfast conviction (i.e. 'this is not paranormal') couldn't you at least bother scanning through and check if your comment is even relevant first? If you don't have the time then don't bother posting. Same goes for the people who give a star to this sort of post. I would imagine that the purpose of forums like this is to take a step further in search of the truth. This means on the one hand not jumping at anything and calling it paranormal but also not just saying something is not paranormal when you clearly don't have all the facts. So, one more time:

I NEVER ENTERED MY FRIEND'S ADDRESS ON MY COMPUTER! I never have as I don't have her full address (post code) and if I had decided to send the package to her I would have had to have phoned her and asked for it. Which I didn't.

PtolemyII
It's not paranormal . If you did it on line especially.
I'm not sure how it work, but if you hhave ever typed her address on it before, especially to he same website, it's somehow stored and they can get the info.
Something similar happened to me once while ordering.
The address just got auto filled in, when it want mine, but someone else'.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Very, very small! The fact that my post ended up at my friend's (when it never has before and our addresses aren't similar) is strange in itself - but for that post to be something I've ordered for my friend (when I have never ordered anything for my friend before) - the chances must be very slim!

skonaz

You're most welcome.
I fully understood what you thought was strange about your experience.
Of course it's not impossible - but what would be the odds of your or my experience occurring?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I once mysteriously received a copy of the 1988 movie D.O.A (dead on arrival)

Can't remember if it was before or after, but was very close to the death of my father (cancer).

Just a coincidence i guess, but still a little disturbing to get something with such a title!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Its not paranormal .Its a glitch somehow .
Not even i have had mystery packages delivered ,and i have one of the most haunted houses you can imagine .
Your hysteria is misplaced .

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
That's pretty freaky. How strange!

McGinty
I once mysteriously received a copy of the 1988 movie D.O.A (dead on arrival)

Can't remember if it was before or after, but was very close to the death of my father (cancer).

Just a coincidence i guess, but still a little disturbing to get something with such a title!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Just was thinking about another strange oddity about this whole thing. My friend, like me, is a studio ghibli fan (best known for its anime feature films such as 'Spirited Away' and 'Howl's Moving Castle'). The two films I ordered my friend were 'The Cat Returns' and...guess what the other one was???

'Kiki's Delivery Service'!!! For those not familiar with the film:

'A young witch, on her mandatory year of independent life, finds fitting into a new community difficult while she supports herself by running an air courier service.' Description taken from: www.imdb.com...

It is actually a magical delivery service performed on her broom stick! Now isn't it strange that my package was magically delivered straight to my friend!?

Here's a short trailer from Kiki's delivery service: www.youtube.com...

edit on 25-9-2013 by Aelfrede because: changed 'video clip' to 'trailer'

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

You or her ever have. Lived at eachother address or had he mail forwarded to you or yours forwarded to her address? Or did you use a ship to address? Who ever delivered it might of pulled top copy off that had more info. Or just plain universe validating something. Maybe it's meant to happen that way.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
No we never had any of those things you mention. But I've now spoken to my postman (see one of my last posts on this page) and he has confirmed that it was never done deliberately, from his perspective it was a strange mistake, which he can't explain except that maybe he was just tired and not thinking properly.

Johnathanandheather

You or her ever have. Lived at eachother address or had he mail forwarded to you or yours forwarded to her address? Or did you use a ship to address? Who ever delivered it might of pulled top copy off that had more info. Or just plain universe validating something. Maybe it's meant to happen that way.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This is a pretty odd occurrence . . .

No clue.

edit on 25-9-2013 by SecretGoldfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I don't know if paranormal is the right word... I'd probably go with.... unusual?

I don't think it's a coincidence, personally. It's far too in depth and bizarre to be one, statistically.

So therefore, if everything was as you say it was (I have no reason to think you're lying, don't worry) then i'd say that it's definitely an unexplained event that has no logical reasoning.

So... where do you go from here? Take the mind power route or.... brush it off as just "one of those strange things" - They probably get brushed off daily, and we never know! The world is a wacky place.

All the best.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MrConspiracy

Well, 'paranormal' works... so does 'highly, weirdly unusual,' or synchronicity.

Just a couple days ago, for instance, my friend was introduced to a guy with a very unusual name. They hit it off and made plans for a future project with some risk involved.

A few hours later my friend was wondering if he should go ahead with the project while digging in his garden.

His hand shovel hit something solid a foot down in the dirt and it was an old pendant. When he cleaned it off the guy's odd name was inscribed on the pendant.

It shook him up and he decided to do the project because "the universe said to." He laughed about it but it's been haunting him. He is an arch skeptical materialist... or was, heh.
edit on 9/25/2013 by Baddogma because: grammar

edit on 9/25/2013 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I sort of think the parcel thing was a coincidence or glitch but to add something to the comment you just made, my first cat as a child was called Kiki, it had enteritis as a kitten and was nursed back from the brink, a few months after though it was killed by a motorist, which resulted in hours of crying from me, I had a few similar coloured cats after that with similar markings.

ETA just as I typed this ''Childhood Memories'' just became a follower of my Twitter account.

edit on 25-9-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
It is interesting the postman's explanation "I was tired, confused, etc." Even if true, what caused him to send a package to your friend's address specifically? Out of the hundreds of other houses he could have wrongly sent the package to. He chose your friend's house. What drove him to arrive to that location? Unless of course, he somehow knew it was a package meant for her.

What if you replicate the experience? Buy something for her online again with the intention of giving it to her but put your address like you did. See if it results the same way. If not, then perhaps it was just some crazy coincidence.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been asked.

Did you enter your friends address at all, even if you didn't hit the submit key, and then you cleared out your friends address, and put your addrese in?

Bope this made sense?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
The Universe knew who that package belonged to, and so it tried to get it to the right person. Unfortunately our stupid human rituals got in the way once again...and as per usual, standing in direct opposition to the nature of the Universe.

No, I'm just joshin ya around... Could you imagine though??

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join