It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre misdelivery of package

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I'm hellbent on refusing to accept the more rational ideas put to me? What rational ideas? What do you want me to do? Agree to rational ideas that aren't even valid?? (e.g. 'oh yeah it must be to do with courier delivery methods' - when it wasn't even delivered by courier?)

Just a coincidence? No other package of mine has ever been misdelivered to that address before. Then out of the blue a package gets misdelievered there and just so happens to be the present I ordered for HER(I've never sent her anything in the post before) when other orders I placed on the same day manage to avoid getting sent to her address? Seems a lot of variables are coincidences in this instance then.

TheOutcast
Have you thought that maybe it's just a coincidence?
A bizarre one, granted, but a coincidence none the less?
It's the most probable reason.
I must admit, you do seem to be hell bent on refusing to accept the more rational ideas put to you.
I know it would be great for something spooky and paranormal to have happened to you, and it's good to have an open mind, but don't open your mind too much, your brain might fall out.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Eh? Who did something wrong?

BristolStew

Rainbowresidue
reply to post by Aelfrede

Your welcome and ...
Great minds think alike.

The phone thing happens to me all the time. My husband has turned it into a betting game.

I think he did something wrong and he doesn't remember.
edit on 22-9-2013 by BristolStew because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

The most rational conclusion is coincidence.
That's the thing about coincidence, it can seem really weird, but it's still just a coincidence.
If you walked down the street and saw some horse dung you wouldn't assume a unicorn had been caught short.

You have experienced a weird episode, but paranormal? IMO, no.
There's no evidence of anything paranormal that's happened here.
Coincidence happens to all of us, all the time, sometimes it's mundane, other times it's really bizarre, but it's not telepathy, it's not ghosts and it's not fairies, it's just coincidence.
I know it's not as sexy as supernatural forces at work on your behalf, but hey, that's reality.

If want to delude yourself, go for it.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
One doesn't have to believe in the metaphysical, or paranormal, to see how intention and synchronicity often manifest into our lives, when we have a singular focus. Your OP is a good example of that.

The manifestation of intention is the result of an alignment between the conscious and unconscious mind.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I would take the complete package as you received it from your friend down to the Post Office and ask a receptive Postal employee to look it over. Have them explain any bar codes, marking or notations to the package which may have been made by the place you purchased it or while enroute, during the delivery process.

also have the Postal person explain in detail with specifics, what every number/letter code and bar code or other "official/hard to decipher symbols conotate.

If possible have your friend save for comparison any packages she has recently had delivered. check them for simliar symbols etc. (this will establish a coincidental or similiar markings)

Another thought, present your questions to the shipping department of the place your purchased this item.

Also check to see if you have any saved or preprogramed shipping addresses (such as your friends) that could have "gliched" there way onto a bar code or other shipping symbol that was imprinted onto this mystery shipping address label. (I have Fed ex, UPS and USPS on-line shipping accounts all with saved addresses of accounts I frequently ship to).

The bottom line is this is a solveable mystery if you persue it logically and tenaciously. when you discover the facts of this mystery, as with most of the mysterys of the world, The simplicity of the truth willmore than likely astonish you!

Good luck and happy sluething! (insert old school ATS thumbs up here)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
To use your way of putting it, you seem hell bent on disregarding anything you can't rationally explain. This is when I don't think it's healthy skepticism. You said: 'Coincidence happens to all of us, all the time, sometimes it's mundane, other times it's really bizarre, but it's not telepathy, it's not ghosts and it's not fairies, it's just coincidence.' The truth is, you do not know for sure if this is just coincidence. I personally don't feel satisfied just saying 'oh well it's just some strange coincidence'. If everyone opted for that approach I wonder how many great scientific discoveries would have gone undiscovered?

TheOutcast

The most rational conclusion is coincidence.
That's the thing about coincidence, it can seem really weird, but it's still just a coincidence.
If you walked down the street and saw some horse dung you wouldn't assume a unicorn had been caught short.

You have experienced a weird episode, but paranormal? IMO, no.
There's no evidence of anything paranormal that's happened here.
Coincidence happens to all of us, all the time, sometimes it's mundane, other times it's really bizarre, but it's not telepathy, it's not ghosts and it's not fairies, it's just coincidence.
I know it's not as sexy as supernatural forces at work on your behalf, but hey, that's reality.

If want to delude yourself, go for it.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It does seem that there is something at work here that we don't fully understand. Would be good to discover the workings of this process in more detail.

Klassified
One doesn't have to believe in the metaphysical, or paranormal, to see how intention and synchronicity often manifest into our lives, when we have a singular focus. Your OP is a good example of that.

The manifestation of intention is the result of an alignment between the conscious and unconscious mind.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
That's what I've decided to do. I'm going to go to the post office and ask them if they can scan in the bar code to see what comes up. In a way it would be even more bizarre (well, maybe a different kind of bizarre ;-) if the bar code brings up my friend's address because I never entered her address on the computer. As I said earlier, I don't even know her full address. I can't even remember how to spell her surname properly (it's quite tricky spelling and I would have had to have checked with her).

My friend's address would not be saved on any postal service because I don't have a membership with any. I'm in the UK and we have royal mail - just standard postal service where you don't have an account. People from the UK will know what I mean. I'm going to log into my amazon account now just to double check that my friend's address isn't on my address list (even though I don't know her full address!)...

... nope, there's addresses of family and friends, but not hers.

It will be interesting to see what the bar code shows up. Also I want to find out what postman was delivering that day and try and speak to them about it. See if they can remember purposefully delivering the package to my friend's address and if so, find out why would they do that.

I will report back!

grubblesnert

I would take the complete package as you received it from your friend down to the Post Office and ask a receptive Postal employee to look it over. Have them explain any bar codes, marking or notations to the package which may have been made by the place you purchased it or while enroute, during the delivery process.

also have the Postal person explain in detail with specifics, what every number/letter code and bar code or other "official/hard to decipher symbols conotate.

If possible have your friend save for comparison any packages she has recently had delivered. check them for simliar symbols etc. (this will establish a coincidental or similiar markings)

Another thought, present your questions to the shipping department of the place your purchased this item.

Also check to see if you have any saved or preprogramed shipping addresses (such as your friends) that could have "gliched" there way onto a bar code or other shipping symbol that was imprinted onto this mystery shipping address label. (I have Fed ex, UPS and USPS on-line shipping accounts all with saved addresses of accounts I frequently ship to).

The bottom line is this is a solveable mystery if you persue it logically and tenaciously. when you discover the facts of this mystery, as with most of the mysterys of the world, The simplicity of the truth willmore than likely astonish you!

Good luck and happy sluething! (insert old school ATS thumbs up here)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Aelfrede
The package had my address on it. I never entered her address on computer and anyway I don't actually know her full address (post code) so I would have had to check with her. And anyway IT HAD MY ADDRESS ON PACKAGE!!!!!

Let's put it that way..if that really happened, the chances are ASTRONOMICALLY basically zero

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I'm going to contact royal mail about it, get them to scan the bar code. Also I could contact amazon, but on all email communication about this order (and the invoice that came with package) they have my postal address as delivery address. No mention of my friend's address, nor is it in my amazon address book/list. So I don't think the mystery can be solved by them. Like you say, if anything can be discovered about an address mishap, it's with the delivery agency (well, it's actually royal mail - in UK this is our standard postal service). However, please bear in mind, I never entered her address anywhere. I don't know her full address.

skcussta

can u call the delivery agency and ask them maybe?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
What name was on the package? You're quite adamant about the address
but you haven't stated the name for sure.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Yes totally :-) And it did really happen! I do personally feel that something paranormal was behind all this. However, it is useful to hear some of the thoughts that have been offered here that could have been relevant (e.g. bar code). It's good to rule all the rational explanations out for sure. I started this thread because I was sure I've ruled out any rational explanation. (E.g. If the bar code were to show her address - how did the system get that address when I didn't have her address to enter on computer in the first place?). I will investigate further as I mentioned in previous post, just to be thorough.

NoRulesAllowed

Aelfrede
The package had my address on it. I never entered her address on computer and anyway I don't actually know her full address (post code) so I would have had to check with her. And anyway IT HAD MY ADDRESS ON PACKAGE!!!!!

Let's put it that way..if that really happened, the chances are ASTRONOMICALLY basically zero

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
My name is on package, as well as my address.

rival
What name was on the package? You're quite adamant about the address
but you haven't stated the name for sure.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Interesting facts to know would be....

* Have you in the past already ordered something for her, sent to YOU.

* The size of your town and her town.

Say, if you live in a rural area where there is barely 5 houses it would be a entire different story as if your town has 300.000 and her town has 100.000, agree?

If the area where you live is some rural area where "everyone knows each other" AND possibly you already sent multiple packages from amazon or wherever TO YOU...and then later to the friend....it MAY BE LIKELY that the mail delivery person just did what he/she did before out of habit...and mistakenly delivered the package to your friend.

(Or some explanation like that your friend "usually" gets those types of packages and the mail delivery guy again didn't pay attention and just did what he did in the past....sending the package to your friend but not to you).

I agree this is FAR FETCHED but it could be a plausible explanation if you live in some village with not many people where the mail guy pretty much knows what packages come usually and who gets them.
edit on 72013RuSundayAmerica/Chicago42AMSundaySunday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

".................See if they can remember purposefully delivering the package to my friend's address and if so, find out why would they do that."

Good thinking! going in a direction I had not considered.

P.S. Thank you for considering some of my suggestions

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Good questions. These are mostly answered already but I accept that there's now quite a few posts to read to catch up on everything.

I have never ordered anything for this friend before. The only other gift I have given her before was from a shop.

My village has a population of several hundred and hers I'm not sure, probably half that. So we're not talking a town of thousands, but we're not talking barely 5 houses either.

She has never received misdelivered items for me before. Then the first time she does, it just so happens it's a gift I'd ordered for her - the first gift I've ever ordered in post for her. It really is strange!

I've also never ordered anything on her behalf. And this package did not need to be signed for, so it wasn't even relevant to deliver it to someone else. From her point of view, the postman delivered it to her as a mistake. He never asked her to take it on our behalf. It wouldn't make sense if he did, as why not do that with other amazon orders and other packages? They normally just get left in my post box like all my other mail. As I said earlier, even signed for packages often get left (if large, then in a shed). Or just redelivered the next day. And then we'd have a slip posted in post box letting us know either that it's been left in our shed or when they will next try to redeliver. But anyway, this wasn't even a signed for item.

NoRulesAllowed
Interesting facts to know would be....

* Have you in the past already ordered something for her, sent to YOU.

* The size of your town and her town.

Say, if you live in a rural area where there is barely 5 houses it would be a entire different story as if your town has 300.000 and her town has 100.000, agree?

If the area where you live is some rural area where "everyone knows each other" AND possibly you already sent multiple packages from amazon or wherever TO YOU...and then later to the friend....it MAY BE LIKELY that the mail delivery person just did what he/she did before out of habit...and mistakenly delivered the package to your friend.

(Or some explanation like that your friend "usually" gets those types of packages and the mail delivery guy again didn't pay attention and just did what he did in the past....sending the package to your friend but not to you).

I agree this is FAR FETCHED but it could be a plausible explanation if you live in some village with not many people where the mail guy pretty much knows what packages come usually and who gets them.
edit on 72013RuSundayAmerica/Chicago42AMSundaySunday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Did you post the billing address as different than the delivery address? Sometimes online companies use the billing address when mailing packages. I don't think it is paranormal related, they just sent her the package to her address with your billing address. That happens sometimes.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
You're welcome and thanks for suggesting them. It will be interesting what I will find out. I'm aware the post man might not remember posting that item, but he may well be aware if he deliberately posted it to a different address for some reason (and if that's the case, what that reason could possibly be will be even more interesting). It's more likely he/she (I think it's still a he) did it by mistake. But what a mistake! If it was a mistake, and there is a paranormal explanation, makes me wonder what that could be. What did he see when he looked at that address. Let's say if it was to do with my intent, does that mean my intent influenced him mentally so that he saw a different address? Also, maybe it wasn't just to do with my intent but also his 'receptivity'?

grubblesnert

".................See if they can remember purposefully delivering the package to my friend's address and if so, find out why would they do that."

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I've already mentioned this several times. My address is the billing and delivery address in all email communication from amazon and on the invoice on the package. My name and address are on the package. I do not have my friend's full postal address! If you re-read my OP you will see I only considered sending it to her for a moment.

WarminIndy

Did you post the billing address as different than the delivery address? Sometimes online companies use the billing address when mailing packages. I don't think it is paranormal related, they just sent her the package to her address with your billing address. That happens sometimes.

edit on 22-9-2013 by Aelfrede because: grammatical mistake

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Aelfrede
You're welcome and thanks for suggesting them. It will be interesting what I will find out. I'm aware the post man might not remember posting that item, but he may well be aware if he deliberately posted it to a different address for some reason (and if that's the case, what that reason could possibly be will be even more interesting). It's more likely he/she (I think it's still a he) did it by mistake. But what a mistake! If it was a mistake, and there is a paranormal explanation, makes me wonder what that could be. What did he see when he looked at that address. Let's say if it was to do with my intent, does that mean my intent influenced him mentally so that he saw a different address? Also, maybe it wasn't just to do with my intent but also his 'receptivity'?

grubblesnert

Was this a regular postman, like the mailman? Did the mailing address have a bar code on it? If it had a bar code on the sticker, then he was going by what the bar code says. If you ordered it online, then who you ordered it from would have the bar code label on there that has your billing address and the mailing address.

When I ordered a kit for my genetics test from the company, they didn't even put on it my address, but it had a bar code that contained my address, the billing address and the return address. That's how they keep it confidential. All I had to do was close the box, seal it and then put it back into the outgoing mail. The Post Office only had to scan it to know where it was going. Apparently your friend got the package from an automated mail delivery system, which is what most online companies are doing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join